New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

I may warn her when she moves in, mess with the house mojo and there'll be trouble!!

Thanks ladies :) Recently re-dyed my hair, probably helped make it look nice!

Leon is great, he's my favourite housemate. Am I allowed a favourite?!

Pictures are fabulous Caz, you are looking great. Very jealous. :)

So pleased you have a happy house mojo, it makes such a huge difference to your day to day living.

Mel meant to ask about the FitBit... so does it work as a HRM and work out how much you're burning? I don't 100% get how they work!

Thanks Squeezy :)

There's a Key Stage 1 job at school close by here, it's one of the schools that we've joined up to work together with. The deadline was this lunch time and thankfully the site manager pointed it out to me this morning as the advert only went on the board on Friday and I missed it. Hoping as it was short notice and because I work in one of their partner schools I've got a good chance with it! The interview would be this Thursday, fingers crossed!

Arghhhhh slightly overwhelmed right now!! I had a call early this afternoon offering me an interview at a school in Manchester this Friday, she then called back to say that it's actually this Wednesday! Spoke to my head, got it ok'ed and then called them to confirm and headed off to a moderation meeting with four other local schools. After that finished I had a look at my phone and I had two missed calls and voicemail messages and two emails, checked them and I've been offered two more interviews at local schools here, both on Thursday. Overload! So I've got Manchester on Wednesday with a lesson an interview, a school that wants to observe me on Wednesday (which they can't as I'm in Manchester) and interview me on Thursday at 12 and then the other school that wants me to teach a lesson at 9.50 on Thursday and then have my interview at 1.15pm. It's all just a little much! 3 lessons and 3 interviews in 2 days with only 2 days to plan them! Not sure whether to turn one Thursday one down (the one where they want to observe me on Wednesday) or not, it would make it more manageable but then what if I don't get the other two? Difficult!

Wow!! That is a bit overwhelming.

You need to break it down into small manageable chunks. Take each task one at a time and tick it off as you go. It makes it so much easier than dealing with it as a whole.
You are more than capable of dealing with it all Caz, and Im certain there Will be a job from one or more of them offered to you.

This is a good thing honey. You are sort after Miss Grey. :)

You know where i am if you need me. Xxx

Hi Caz !! Hope you have a good healthy eating, cal counting week !!

Just catching up on here and saw that it's raining interviews for you, gal !!! Woop woop !!! Hope you get it all sorted out, and that you get a firm job offer !!
Crossing everything for you !! Hehe !!

Diva x

Mel meant to ask about the FitBit... so does it work as a HRM and work out how much you're burning? I don't 100% get how they work!

Thanks Squeezy :)

There's a Key Stage 1 job at school close by here, it's one of the schools that we've joined up to work together with. The deadline was this lunch time and thankfully the site manager pointed it out to me this morning as the advert only went on the board on Friday and I missed it. Hoping as it was short notice and because I work in one of their partner schools I've got a good chance with it! The interview would be this Thursday, fingers crossed!

I'm not really sure -- maybe CaveGirl13 could explain the FitBit. I'll try to look it up, too.

Arghhhhh slightly overwhelmed right now!! I had a call early this afternoon offering me an interview at a school in Manchester this Friday, she then called back to say that it's actually this Wednesday! Spoke to my head, got it ok'ed and then called them to confirm and headed off to a moderation meeting with four other local schools. After that finished I had a look at my phone and I had two missed calls and voicemail messages and two emails, checked them and I've been offered two more interviews at local schools here, both on Thursday. Overload! So I've got Manchester on Wednesday with a lesson an interview, a school that wants to observe me on Wednesday (which they can't as I'm in Manchester) and interview me on Thursday at 12 and then the other school that wants me to teach a lesson at 9.50 on Thursday and then have my interview at 1.15pm. It's all just a little much! 3 lessons and 3 interviews in 2 days with only 2 days to plan them! Not sure whether to turn one Thursday one down (the one where they want to observe me on Wednesday) or not, it would make it more manageable but then what if I don't get the other two? Difficult!

Three interviews! Very flattering. Can you use the same lesson for all three job interviews? You definitely want to make the Manchester interview.

Thanks ladies, feeling a bit calmer now. One is a 30 min maths lesson with year 1, simple can do that..the other two are ks2, one wants to watch me teach at my school which they won't be able to do as I'll be in Manchester tomorrow so I may have to turn it down. The other one hasn't told me what they want me to do yet. So before I leave school I need to plan whatever lesson I'll have to do tomorrow so that I can print it and sort out what I want the children to do while I'm gone. Got English and Geography planned jn my head, just need to get it down on paper and plan Maths. Still, is more than I'd like to have to do when I need to get off on the M6 before traffic starts! I'll try and use my lunch time though but it's going to be a busy few days!

In more on topic news, went to the gym again last night. It was really, really busy there, we could only park as someone left as we were driving around so equipment choice was limited. I did 15 mins of c25k on treadmill but I couldn't finish it, that's my goal at the moment, to get back to doing it all.

Thanks ladies, feeling a bit calmer now. One is a 30 min maths lesson with year 1, simple can do that..the other two are ks2, one wants to watch me teach at my school which they won't be able to do as I'll be in Manchester tomorrow so I may have to turn it down. The other one hasn't told me what they want me to do yet. So before I leave school I need to plan whatever lesson I'll have to do tomorrow so that I can print it and sort out what I want the children to do while I'm gone. Got English and Geography planned jn my head, just need to get it down on paper and plan Maths. Still, is more than I'd like to have to do when I need to get off on the M6 before traffic starts! I'll try and use my lunch time though but it's going to be a busy few days!

In more on topic news, went to the gym again last night. It was really, really busy there, we could only park as someone left as we were driving around so equipment choice was limited. I did 15 mins of c25k on treadmill but I couldn't finish it, that's my goal at the moment, to get back to doing it all.

Good luck with it all, Caz! You're sure to get a job out of that little lot! X

Morning Caz,

Sounds like you're bing very pragmatic about the job ops!

You'd think it was January at the gym. Isn't there a treadmill at the house?

I hope you have a good day!

Thanks Nef, hope so! Just found out I have to do a 30 min English activity tomorrow. Going to do persuasive writing I think.

Nope, no treadmill. We have a bike and cross trainer but gym ones are better obviously. Quite enjoying the gym though.

Definitely two interviews on Thursday, the school that wanted to observe me tomorrow have said they want to interview me anyway even without observing me. So it'll be a busy day Thursday!

Definitely two interviews on Thursday, the school that wanted to observe me tomorrow have said they want to interview me anyway even without observing me. So it'll be a busy day Thursday!

What a compliment. Maybe they'll get into a bidding war! ;)

We can hope so Mel! I think if the school today were to offer me the job this evening I'd probably hold off on making a decision until tomorrow evening and I've had all three interviews and then see what happens. Of course I could come out with no job offers at all so may be being over optimistic! Whatever offers I get I'll chat through with Aaron and see what WE want to do because at the end of the day, it affects us both. If they were all up here that's one thing but they're in two very different parts of the country so we'll need to chat about what's best for us. I know that we're both happy to live in either place but I don't know what we'd choose if we had the option of both like that.

We can hope so Mel! I think if the school today were to offer me the job this evening I'd probably hold off on making a decision until tomorrow evening and I've had all three interviews and then see what happens. Of course I could come out with no job offers at all so may be being over optimistic! Whatever offers I get I'll chat through with Aaron and see what WE want to do because at the end of the day, it affects us both. If they were all up here that's one thing but they're in two very different parts of the country so we'll need to chat about what's best for us. I know that we're both happy to live in either place but I don't know what we'd choose if we had the option of both like that.

If there were no Aaron which job would be YOUR choice?

But, there is an Aaron and is the Manchester one suitable?

Of you were offered all three -- would you go with the Manchester one?

Umm I don't know really. I do like it up here, I like that it's close to the city, good transport, lots to do. If it would have been the choice between here and where I lived in September, it would have been an easy choice - here. But then I moved with my parents and I loved it there, such a nice place I would have liked to stay but it wasn't practical, it was quite far from everywhere. So now it's the choice of where I am now or up here and both have their pros and cons. In terms of the area, I don't really mind where I am, I don't prefer one more than the other.

If I were to stay where I am now I'd be closer to my family but Aaron would be further from his, although it's only two hours he's only ever lived at home so that would be a massive step for him, so Manchester would probably be better on that count.
Then you've got where to live. If I came to Manchester we would have to find a place, which is hassle, but Aaron would be able to move into where I am now, which would be easier.
Then there's jobs, whatever happens I'm getting a new job and moving to a new school but if that's in Manchester Aaron can stick with his new, permanent job, if that's where I am now, he needs to move jobs too.
Also, in terms of friends I don't really have many where I am now but Aaron does have friends here, mine are spread around the country but his friend base is Manchester.

So it's a difficult decision really, pros and cons for both but at the end of the day, I'd be happy with either decision really so if I had the choice between two and the schools were comparible (which they are) then I think I would talk over it with Aaron and let him decide really.

Back