New Year New You Miss Slinky 2012

Alsmum said:
2lb this week so 3.5 lb loss since we started. 17.5 to go. Unlikely to hit this I think but will do my best.

Just keep at it hun and see how close you can get. That's what I done with my Christmas challenge. December was always going to be hard for me as I have my bday, OH bday, Xmas, ny, and our anniversary so I tried to limit damage as much as possible and lost 21 out of my 30 that I had set (think that was over 3 months?). Good luck and if you need to chat or advice we are here xxx

Minks ;)

I have not had a chance to post over the past few weeks but have lost another 3lbs! Not sure why as I haven't been sticking to the plan but plenty of exercise seems to be working!

Well done to everyone else u r all doing great!

Alsmum - 21lbs - Want to feel better about myself

Foxy_Lox - 21bs - Need to get out of the 13's its a mental thing lol
(-1.5 this week - 8.5 lbs to go)

Gingercake 16 - 20lbs - Wants to be in those size 10s (2lbs lost ~ 18lbs to go!)

Hannah - 14lbs - (Possibly To Be Amended) - I'm Aiming for Target in time for Job Interviews.

Jayde - 28lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for brothers wedding
(3lbs lost-25lbs to go)

Karen.Hat - 20lbs - Aiming to a fab for 31st march for big night out!
(9lb lost ~ 11lb to go)

Littlemy - 24lbs - Going to see sister in Madrid

Minky Dinky - 24lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for Best Friends Wedding (-3lbs ~ 20.5lb to go!)

Sesame82 - 21lbs - new year new weight starting with a 10 (-3lbs~18lbs to go)

Moppet - 21lbs - I want to surprise my Mum when she comes to visit in July (8lbs lost ~ 17lbs to go) OMG - I'm actually doing it! Woot!!!

Naomi1987 - 28lbs - going to a wedding in March

HuliaHoop - 30lbs - has already lost a stone and wants to lose a total of three stones by 26th March

SuePat10 - 20lbs - I'd like to be able to walk without getting out of breath (-8.5lbs ~ 11.5lbs to go!)

Jersey Joe - 24 lbs - to feel amazing for my Birthday in Feb & then lose the next 2 stone with WW

ShirleyBroon - 21lbs - Wants to be a size 12 in 2012! (-7lbs ~ 14lbs to go!)

AbigailsMummy (-2lbs: 26 pounds to go) - 28lbs - Want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight

Mummy of 4 - 20lbs - ?? (-5lbs - 15lbs to go!)

Urban Princess - 29lbs - Brother's Wedding (-8lbs~ 21 to go!!)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins[/QUOTE]

Finally I am back online lol going to find that post with those questions on and answer them!!!!! :D

1. Why are you trying to lose weight? (has your goal changed over the last month)

Need to feel better and get back to how I used be. Want to lose at least another two stone and hoping to do this by August however I am just living a day at a time. So will just keep plodding along 1lb a week is fine by me, anything else is a bonus.

2. What is the best meal you have ate this week and why?

Homemade burgers with chilli, garlic, oregano and a babybell shoved in the middle. It was fab me and my sis made it together! Served it with chips and salad and homemade salsa

3. Have you done any exercise this week?

Yep lots of walking and due to ice have planned a gym and swim session tomorrow

4. How much weight do you want to lose at your next weigh in?

Tipping the scales at 13st0.5lbs would really like to lose 1.5lbs not seen 12st something for a couple of years. At this point I normally start messing about. And someone how put it all back on again and some more to make it harder to get off the next time. Not this time tho... onwards and downwards

5. How far are you off your next half a stone?

4lbs I think :D

Alsmum - 21lbs - Want to feel better about myself

Foxy_Lox - 21bs - Need to get out of the 13's its a mental thing lol
(-1.5 this week - 8.5 lbs to go)

Gingercake 16 - 20lbs - Wants to be in those size 10s (2lbs lost ~ 18lbs to go!)

Hannah - 14lbs - (Possibly To Be Amended) - I'm Aiming for Target in time for Job Interviews.

Jayde - 28lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for brothers wedding
(3lbs lost-25lbs to go)

Karen.Hat - 20lbs - Aiming to a fab for 31st march for big night out!
(9lb lost ~ 11lb to go)

Littlemy - 24lbs - Going to see sister in Madrid

Minky Dinky - 24lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for Best Friends Wedding (-11lbs ~ 14lb to go!)

Sesame82 - 21lbs - new year new weight starting with a 10 (-3lbs~18lbs to go)

Moppet - 21lbs - I want to surprise my Mum when she comes to visit in July (8lbs lost ~ 17lbs to go) OMG - I'm actually doing it! Woot!!!

Naomi1987 - 28lbs - going to a wedding in March

HuliaHoop - 30lbs - has already lost a stone and wants to lose a total of three stones by 26th March

SuePat10 - 20lbs - I'd like to be able to walk without getting out of breath (-8.5lbs ~ 11.5lbs to go!)

Jersey Joe - 24 lbs - to feel amazing for my Birthday in Feb & then lose the next 2 stone with WW

ShirleyBroon - 21lbs - Wants to be a size 12 in 2012! (-7lbs ~ 14lbs to go!)

AbigailsMummy (-2lbs: 26 pounds to go) - 28lbs - Want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight

Mummy of 4 - 20lbs - ?? (-5lbs - 15lbs to go!)

Urban Princess - 29lbs - Brother's Wedding (-8lbs~ 21 to go!!)

1. Why are you trying to lose weight? (has your goal changed over the last month)

My actual motivation is because I NEED to lose weight. My main incentive (other than the usual 'for my health') is for my best friends wedding and I am bridesmaid. Plus, I would like to wear pretty summer dresses to show off my shoes rather than jeans and baggy tops :p

2. What is the best meal you have ate this week and why?

Hmmm, this week has been strange as I have had left overs of the same dish 4 times. Probably the nicest one is the breakfast wrap I made.
Mushrooms, onions and scrambled egg, hexA cheddar and warburtons wrap. Half one day, half the next. 4 syns a pop. lush.

3. Have you done any exercise this week?

Yes one hours badminton and walked to and from work every day. Worked my butt off on Tuesday actually in B/ton, love it!

4. How much weight do you want to lose at your next weigh in?

As long as I can get my 5 stone award I will be made up so thats a minimum of 1lb

5. How far are you off your next half a stone?

1lb! Eeeek!
xxx

Foxy I'm loving the new avatar!! Xxx

Minks ;)

Cheers hun, the blonde in me was screaming to come out again, Im always changing my hair colour and fringe, no fringe, side fringe etc lol Going to leave it alone now tho :D. I think I look a bit crazy my friend took it and we were messing about lol You go for that 1lb!!! 5 Stone is amazing!!!!!!!!

I'm still lots away from my miss slinky target I'm at 9.5lb loss still got 10.5lb to go and expecting a gain tomorrow I just can't get my arse into gear and the meds are making me search for sweet things

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Karen.hat said:
I'm still lots away from my miss slinky target I'm at 9.5lb loss still got 10.5lb to go and expecting a gain tomorrow I just can't get my arse into gear and the meds are making me search for sweet things

I've still got 14! Eek!
You still have approx 6 or 7 WI (without looking) so you could get close to it if you don't manage to hit it. Have you looked for alternatives to sweet stuff? Eg healthy versions. Not sure what you are craving but I mix options hot chocolate with ff natural yogurt and chop up a fibre plus bar into it - tis gorgeous. Also onken ff yog or mullerlight with chopped fruit and topped with crumbled mini meringue for 1 syn! Sweet omelette (pancake) topped with lemon and sweetener. There are a fair few to chose for the future. Hope it goes ok tonight xx

Minks ;)

Hope everyone is having a good week x

MinkyDinky said:
All good here thanks Foxy, hows things where you are?
I am signing up for a half marathon on Monday *eek!* doesn't take place until 14th July but dead excited about it! xxx

Wow go you!! I wish I had it in me to run 10k never mind a half marathon

Wow go you!! I wish I had it in me to run 10k never mind a half marathon

Run?! Oh no no no no! I can't run to save my life! It is called the Midnight Walk and you can run, jog or walk. As I walk little over 4 miles a day I thought why not put some real effort into it. By July I should be a couple of stone lighter and make it even more easier and fun! Just the whole its at midnight thing might make it a bit harder what with needing sleep :D

How you doing Karen? xxx

MinkyDinky said:
Run?! Oh no no no no! I can't run to save my life! It is called the Midnight Walk and you can run, jog or walk. As I walk little over 4 miles a day I thought why not put some real effort into it. By July I should be a couple of stone lighter and make it even more easier and fun! Just the whole its at midnight thing might make it a bit harder what with needing sleep :D

How you doing Karen? xxx

Ooh they had that in glos I wonder if Newcastle has one I'd be up for that!!

Ooh they had that in glos I wonder if Newcastle has one I'd be up for that!!

My work colleague and I are going to do it with a couple of other girls that live next to her. Cant wait! All the training for it must assist with the weight loss right?!

Google it Karen, pretty certain that it would be on the net for your area xx

MinkyDinky said:
My work colleague and I are going to do it with a couple of other girls that live next to her. Cant wait! All the training for it must assist with the weight loss right?!

Google it Karen, pretty certain that it would be on the net for your area xx

There's a 10k midnight walk for st oswalds it's day after my daughters 18th so I'm going to see if we can get a group of girls together to celebrate with her!
We are on a boozy weekend away to celebrate properly the next weekend so will ease the guilt

Karen.hat said:
There's a 10k midnight walk for st oswalds it's day after my daughters 18th so I'm going to see if we can get a group of girls together to celebrate with her!
We are on a boozy weekend away to celebrate properly the next weekend so will ease the guilt

That would be awesome! Let me know if you do and maybe we can swap tips n stuff :) xx

How you doing Karen? xxx

Minks you should join our walking thread :D

Back