New Year New You Miss Slinky 2012

1.5lbs off me this challenge has really helped me. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel would just like to get the last 4lbs off by our last weigh in. 1lb a week nice and slow no pressure! Just need 1.5lbs to get my 10% and 21lbs since re-joining class whoop whoop giving myself two weeks to do this.

Alsmum - 21lbs - Want to feel better about myself

Foxy_Lox - 21bs - Need to get out of the 13's its a mental thing lol
(-1.5 this week - 4 lbs to go)

Gingercake 16 - 20lbs - Wants to be in those size 10s (2lbs lost ~ 18lbs to go!)

Hannah - 14lbs - (Possibly To Be Amended) - I'm Aiming for Target in time for Job Interviews.

Jayde - 28lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for brothers wedding
(3lbs lost-25lbs to go)

Karen.Hat - 20lbs - Aiming to a fab for 31st march for big night out!
(12lb lost ~ 8lb to go)

Littlemy - 24lbs - Going to see sister in Madrid

Minky Dinky - 24lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for Best Friends Wedding (-12lbs ~ 13lb to go!)

Sesame82 - 21lbs - new year new weight starting with a 10 (-3lbs~18lbs to go)

Moppet - 21lbs - I want to surprise my Mum when she comes to visit in July (8lbs lost ~ 17lbs to go) OMG - I'm actually doing it! Woot!!!

Naomi1987 - 28lbs - going to a wedding in March

HuliaHoop - 30lbs - has already lost a stone and wants to lose a total of three stones by 26th March

SuePat10 - 20lbs - I'd like to be able to walk without getting out of breath (-8.5lbs ~ 11.5lbs to go!)

Jersey Joe - 24 lbs - to feel amazing for my Birthday in Feb & then lose the next 2 stone with WW

ShirleyBroon - 21lbs - Wants to be a size 12 in 2012! (-7lbs ~ 14lbs to go!)

AbigailsMummy (-2lbs: 26 pounds to go) - 28lbs - Want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight

Mummy of 4 - 20lbs - ?? (-5lbs - 15lbs to go!)

Urban Princess - 29lbs - Brother's Wedding (-8lbs~ 21 to go!!)

Forgot to update myself on this :D 3.5 off this week yay!!

Gingercake 16 - 20lbs - Wants to be in those size 10s (2lbs lost ~ 18lbs to go!)

Hannah - 14lbs - (Possibly To Be Amended) - I'm Aiming for Target in time for Job Interviews.

(3lbs lost-25lbs to go)

(12lb lost ~ 8lb to go)

Minky Dinky - 24lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for Best Friends Wedding (-15.5lbs ~ 9.5lb to go!)

Moppet - 21lbs - I want to surprise my Mum when she comes to visit in July (8lbs lost ~ 17lbs to go) OMG - I'm actually doing it! Woot!!!

HuliaHoop - 30lbs - has already lost a stone and wants to lose a total of three stones by 26th March

SuePat10 - 20lbs - I'd like to be able to walk without getting out of breath (-8.5lbs ~ 11.5lbs to go!)

Jersey Joe - 24 lbs - to feel amazing for my Birthday in Feb & then lose the next 2 stone with WW

AbigailsMummy (-2lbs: 26 pounds to go) - 28lbs - Want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight

Urban Princess - 29lbs - Brother's Wedding (-8lbs~ 21 to go!!)[/QUOTE]

YAY!!!! Fab, well done :D my WI is tonight so hoping to get my 10% award tonight, keeping everything crossed lol

Forgot to update myself on this :D 3.5 off this week yay!!

(3lbs lost-25lbs to go)

(12lb lost ~ 8lb to go)

Minky Dinky - 24lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for Best Friends Wedding (-15.5lbs ~ 9.5lb to go!)

Urban Princess - 29lbs - Brother's Wedding (-8lbs~ 21 to go!!)
[/QUOTE]

Lost 2lbs whoop whoop!!! Also got my 10% award and my club 10. Weight is now 12st 10lbs, I cant get used to seeing 12st something lol. Getting very far away from the 13's as fast I can lol lol. Think there is only me and you left on this challenge :) I think we should start another one off ;) the next three months lol lol. I know all the walking as made a massive difference my legs are a totally different shape! Im addicted to walking!!

(-2 this week - 2 lbs to go)

(3lbs lost-25lbs to go)

(12lb lost ~ 8lb to go)

Hello Everyone ….

Sorry that I’ve been a bit of a stranger over the last few weeks – although I have been coming into the forum and keeping up with all your fabulous weigh losses!

I guess I was too ashamed to admit that I’d fallen off the Slimming World wagon and gained all the weight that I'd lost and MORE!! I’m back up to 222 pounds – a gain of several pounds since I last weighed in properly. :break_diet:

And that’s not all …. I got a bit of a wakeup call - a telephone call from my Doctor to be precise – I was diagnosed as a pre-diabetic after blood tests yesterday. I’m 0.2 away from being a Type II Diabetic. WTF??? :eek:

I really don’t have a choice now. I need to lose weight and exercise more. I need to cut my carbs way down, so not a lot of potatoes, rice or pasta. I also need to count calories and measure portion sizes.

I don’t think that Slimming World is the right plan for me under these circumstances, so I’m going to try the Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Plan. It’s based on the Glycemic Index, counts calories and it has exercise incorporated into it.

I can’t believe that I’ve compromised my health in this way …. :booboo:

What a stupid woman I am .... :cry:

Moppet said:
Hello Everyone ….

Sorry that I’ve been a bit of a stranger over the last few weeks – although I have been coming into the forum and keeping up with all your fabulous weigh losses!

I guess I was too ashamed to admit that I’d fallen off the Slimming World wagon and gained all the weight that I'd lost and MORE!! I’m back up to 222 pounds – a gain of several pounds since I last weighed in properly. :break_diet:

And that’s not all …. I got a bit of a wakeup call - a telephone call from my Doctor to be precise – I was diagnosed as a pre-diabetic after blood tests yesterday. I’m 0.2 away from being a Type II Diabetic. WTF??? :eek:

I really don’t have a choice now. I need to lose weight and exercise more. I need to cut my carbs way down, so not a lot of potatoes, rice or pasta. I also need to count calories and measure portion sizes.

I don’t think that Slimming World is the right plan for me under these circumstances, so I’m going to try the Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Plan. It’s based on the Glycemic Index, counts calories and it has exercise incorporated into it.

I can’t believe that I’ve compromised my health in this way …. :booboo:

What a stupid woman I am .... :cry:

Oh Mopps! How awful for you :( BUT all is not lost. The docs have caught it before it becomes serious and you can now change it. Like you said, you don't really have a choice now so grab the bull by the horns and pound that weight down.

Well done for coming back though and confiding in us. And so what if you're not doing SW? We are all still in a weight loss battle regardless of plan and can support you through this.

What sort of things can you eat now then sweetie? I wish you all the best and if you need anything just shout xxx

Thanks Minky ...

I'll just need to do my best to get the weight off. I was really shocked when the doctor called to tell me the results - I knew I was obese and that my weight was holding me back, but it really hit home when she said I was on my way to becoming a diabetic within two or three years. I'm being positive though - and as you say, it's not something that I can't do anything about. I just need to get my bum in gear and get moving ... literally! :)

Like I said, I'm going to try and do Rosemary Conley again. It's basically low fat, lower carb and portion control ... and exercise. She has a lot of online motivational stuff, workouts and low fat recipes, so it should be easy enough to get back into the swing of it.
You know , I've been losing and gaining that same 10lbs over and over and over again for months now. If I added all those lost pounds up and took the total off the weight that I am now ... then I would be non-existent. That's really stupid ... isn't it?

Hubby and I cleaned out the fridge and cupboards last night when we got home. All the sweeties and biscuits went into work with him today so there is nothing in the house. We went shopping afterwards and stocked up with fruit and vegetables, low-fat yoghurts, cold meat, low fat cheese, porridge and wholemeal bread. I have bags of chicken breast and lean mince in the freezer, so I'll just start cooking everything from scratch.

We won't be eating out anytime soon either. We ate out - or bought take away - eight times last month. We counted it out - an average bill is around $30 for both of us, so that's $240. I could have bought a nice rug or a couple of lamps for the living room with that kind of money!

I'm pig sick at myself, but I'm not letting it get me down ... I'll do it one day at a time .... Ah, don't you just love a wee bit of Lena Martell?? :) :) :)
Thanks for your support Minky - it's appreciated ... :bighug:

Thanks Minky ...

I'll just need to do my best to get the weight off. I was really shocked when the doctor called to tell me the results - I knew I was obese and that my weight was holding me back, but it really hit home when she said I was on my way to becoming a diabetic within two or three years. I'm being positive though - and as you say, it's not something that I can't do anything about. I just need to get my bum in gear and get moving ... literally! :)

Like I said, I'm going to try and do Rosemary Conley again. It's basically low fat, lower carb and portion control ... and exercise. She has a lot of online motivational stuff, workouts and low fat recipes, so it should be easy enough to get back into the swing of it.
You know , I've been losing and gaining that same 10lbs over and over and over again for months now. If I added all those lost pounds up and took the total off the weight that I am now ... then I would be non-existent. That's really stupid ... isn't it?

Hubby and I cleaned out the fridge and cupboards last night when we got home. All the sweeties and biscuits went into work with him today so there is nothing in the house. We went shopping afterwards and stocked up with fruit and vegetables, low-fat yoghurts, cold meat, low fat cheese, porridge and wholemeal bread. I have bags of chicken breast and lean mince in the freezer, so I'll just start cooking everything from scratch.

We won't be eating out anytime soon either. We ate out - or bought take away - eight times last month. We counted it out - an average bill is around $30 for both of us, so that's $240. I could have bought a nice rug or a couple of lamps for the living room with that kind of money!

I'm pig sick at myself, but I'm not letting it get me down ... I'll do it one day at a time .... Ah, don't you just love a wee bit of Lena Martell?? :) :) :)
Thanks for your support Minky - it's appreciated ... :bighug:

Sending you a big massive hug. I cant really add anything else I think Minky's comments are what I would say. Dont be a stranger tho :wave_cry:, good luck with everything hun, you deserve to be who you want to be x x x x x xx x

Just realised on my earlier post I put I got my 10% and club ten lol it should of said 21lb award lol lol

Got a bit of an update on the love front, not been contacted once by SH (poo head lol) however tonight I am going out for a "drink" with someone... could vomit and feel 12 again lol lol Will keep you all posted lol

foxy_lox said:
Just realised on my earlier post I put I got my 10% and club ten lol it should of said 21lb award lol lol

Got a bit of an update on the love front, not been contacted once by SH (poo head lol) however tonight I am going out for a "drink" with someone... could vomit and feel 12 again lol lol Will keep you all posted lol

Aahhh foxy that's wicked! Can't wait to hear the juicy gossip after. And if you feel mega nervous just sit there opposite him and pull the face that's in your avatar :D that will break the silence or uncomfortable-ness!

What you have to remember is, they already like you - to whatever extent - but they do, other wise they wouldn't have asked you out or agreed to go out with you. Chill sweetie and just go with it. If anything, HE should be the nervous one to be graced with your presence for the evening ;)

Remember, it's all about the confidence xxxx

Thanks Foxy ... I think I'll stick around if you and Minky don't mind ... where did everyone else go??

Good luck with your date tonight ... I have no advice to give you - it's been such a long time since I went on a conventional date and Minky seems to have everything covered .... :D

Aahhh foxy that's wicked! Can't wait to hear the juicy gossip after. And if you feel mega nervous just sit there opposite him and pull the face that's in your avatar :D that will break the silence or uncomfortable-ness!

What you have to remember is, they already like you - to whatever extent - but they do, other wise they wouldn't have asked you out or agreed to go out with you. Chill sweetie and just go with it. If anything, HE should be the nervous one to be graced with your presence for the evening ;)

Remember, it's all about the confidence xxxx

PMSL I need to change that daft picture... he was really nice, totally chilled no silences or odd moments if you know what I mean. Going out again but dont know when... I just thought to myself I've got nothing to lose. He could be an arse or a nice person and he seems to be a nice person. Explained my situation and we are going to do "friends" and then see what happens... anyway I lost 4lbs last night, Ive stopped taking my pill Im not sure if that has had an affect or if it even can??? Off to update the list...

IVE DONE IT!!!!! LOST 4LBS taking me to 12st 6lbs!!!! Going to carry on till the end of the challenge and now Im aiming for 11st 13lbs. However got a lot of weekend aways coming up so that could take another 3 months lol... 1lbs each week will do me fine :)

(-4 this week - 23lbs lost target done!!!!)

(3lbs lost-25lbs to go)

(12lb lost ~ 8lb to go)

Hi everyone hope you ate all ok?
Haven't been on here for ages as fell completely off the wagon :( have Gained a I lost and more so really not happy haven't been to group in weeks either as feel like a blooming failure ( I help out by weighing everyone and encourage them but can't help myself)
I'm going to try and get back on this as all my skinny clothes don't go past my
Knees and my 'fat clothes' don't go past my knees :(
X

Mummy of 4 said:
Hi everyone hope you ate all ok?
Haven't been on here for ages as fell completely off the wagon :( have Gained a I lost and more so really not happy haven't been to group in weeks either as feel like a blooming failure ( I help out by weighing everyone and encourage them but can't help myself)
I'm going to try and get back on this as all my skinny clothes don't go past my
Knees and my 'fat clothes' don't go past my knees :(
X

Not ate ! Predictive text and fake nails don't go well together ! X

Hi, sorry I disappeared from here for a while but I just wasn't getting anywhere. I know I won't hit my aim of 21 lbs but so far this year I have lost 5.5 lbs, it is only the last few weeks it has come off and stayed off before that I'd loss, sts, loss, gain and I just didn't feel I was making any progress but I hope that has now changed. May gain or sts this week but at least I'll know why, away for the weekend and have no control over the menu.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Not ate ! Predictive text and fake nails don't go well together ! X

Your post made me lol :) Keep your chin up we are all here for each other :)

When this challenge ends I think we should start the next 3 months of our lives lol lol

Hi, sorry I disappeared from here for a while but I just wasn't getting anywhere. I know I won't hit my aim of 21 lbs but so far this year I have lost 5.5 lbs, it is only the last few weeks it has come off and stayed off before that I'd loss, sts, loss, gain and I just didn't feel I was making any progress but I hope that has now changed. May gain or sts this week but at least I'll know why, away for the weekend and have no control over the menu.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Have a fab weekend :)

Back