New years resolution

Thanks for the support Lucy. Today was horrible but I'm hoping that things can only get better from now on. I'm feeling positive about my diet now. Cleared any unhealthy and fatty foods from my cupboards. Is slimming world easy to follow? I did weight watchers years ago and thought it was good but can't get my head round the new points system. There's a slimming world meeting not far from me and I was wondering whether to try, you seem to be doing amazing on it x

kathyd said:
I usually try not to make New Year's Resolutions, since they end up making me feel worse when I inevitably break them, but this year I felt like it would give me the kick I need. So I'm working on eating healthier and exercising at least 5 days a week. So far it's been pretty good, and I've lost a small amount.

Hi kathy I know what you mean weight loss has been my new years resolution for many years now and never quite been able to stick to it before but really determined to do it this year and feeling quite positive about it :) well done on your weight loss what types of exercise are you doing? Lucy x

Your welcome my lovely :)

I quite like going to Slimming World meetings for the support - made a few new friends in the same boat and its good to talk over how your feeling with people who understand. During the meeting each person says how their week has been and make a pledge for the next week which keeps me motivated.

Its fairly easy to follow although I did like Weight Watchers when I tried it a few years ago but I never reached goal so though I would try something new - they say that 1/3 of your plate should be superfree food like fruit and vegtables and 2/3 free food like potatoes, rice, pasta, meat, fish, eggs. Your also allowed one healthy a extra like 250ml of milk and one healthy b extra like cereal e.g. 2 weetabix. Then lastly your allowed 5-15 syns per day e.g. Cadbury Twirl is 11.5 Syns, Slice White Bread is 3 Syns.

Lucy x

Well I have STS this week. Better than putting any on. My oldest son is doing his sats this week and its my other son 1st birthday too. Big age gap. So it's party time. I'm hoping I can stick to my diet.
Hope your still doing great Lucy

Abby x

Lost 2lb this week - got my first Slimming World stone award and reached my next mini goal so get to book something at the salon only went for my massage on Saturday though so might leave it a few weeks. Officially half way now 2 stone down 2 to go :) Also starting Boot camp on Saturday with my friend so see how that goes lol

STS is ok hun especially when you lost quite a bit last week. Sending good luck for your son this week - I hated exams when I was at school you'll have to cook lots of fish this week (Brain Food :)) and your celebrating your younger sons First Birthday thats a big Milestone hun enjoy every moment.

Start Weight: 13st 6lb
Start Date: 01.01.2012
Todays weight: 11st 06lb
Weight Loss this week: 2lb
Weight Loss to date: 28lb
Target Weight Loss: 56lb
Target Weight: 9st 6lb
Target Date: 27.08.2012

Lucy x

Well done! 2st is amazing you should feel proud. I can imagine bootcamp will be very hard work but your getting to be a skinny minny now so you'll prob take it in your stride. How's your job going? I've been decorating my sons room today, his cot is still in my room and I'm thinking he should be in his own. Painting skirting boards and woodwork today and I'll be starting the wallpapering tomorrow, it's my own bootcamp ha ha.
Abby x

I lost 3lb this week :) I`ve also changed my goal weght to 10st 03lb as I`m getting closer now and think 9st 06lb is a bit too low so 1 stone to go.

Bootcamp on Saturday was good but really challenging - I`ve signed up for 10 weeks so hoping it will get easier. New job going well, theres alot to learn but getting there and everyone is really nice.

Hows your week been Abby - hope you enjoyed the party? Did you finish the decorating?

Todays weight: 11st 03lb
Weight Loss this week: 3lb
Weight Loss to date: 31lb
Weight still to lose: 14lb
Target Weight Loss: 45b
Target Weight: 10st 03lb
Target Date: 09.07.2012

Lucy x

Lost 2lb this week so that means lost a stone and into the 12s now. Double whoop whoop!
My eldest finished his sats and we went to look round the comprehensive school as he's leaving juniors after the summer hols, v scary how quick he's growing up.
Little baba enjoyed his party, got v excited and was trying to eat all the wrapping paper ha ha.
Ordered jillian michaels 30 day shred DVD to up my exercise.
Bet your feeling great now Lucy with only 1 stone to lose, fab!!

Start Weight: 13st 12lbs
Todays Weight: 12st 12lbs
Weight Loss this week: 2lb
Weight Loss to date: 14lbs
Target Weight Loss: 54lbs
Target Weight: 10st
Target Date: 25.07.2012

Abby x

Well done Lucy, doing great.
I lost 1lb this week but I'm such a dizzy mare I fell out the front door this morning and sprained my ankle so the DVD is on hold for a bit until it improves.

Todays Weight: 12st 11lbs
Weight Loss this week: 1lb
Weight Loss to date: 15lbs

Abby x

Oh no I hope your ok hun - dont rush back into exercise till your ready. I hope your feeling better soon though. Well done on the 1lb last week :)

I lost 3lb this week probably through stress - me and my sister are buying our first house at the moment and I`m finding it a bit stressful but exciting at the same time :) Got my stone & half award this week - 9lb to go so single figures :)

Todays weight: 10st 12lb
Weight Loss this week: 3lb
Weight Loss to date: 36lb
Weight still to lose: 9lb
Target Date: 02.07.2012

Lucy x

Lost 1lb this week again. wow Lucy your nearly at target. Good look with the house hunting

Todays Weight: 12st 10lbs
Weight Loss to date: 16lbs

Abby x

Another 1lb off. Slow but steady

Todays Weight: 12st 9lbs
Weight Loss to date: 17lbs

Abby x

Bit disappointed stayed the same this week - not sure why, my diet was good although I didn`t do any exercise. We found our new home yesterday although its a new build so wont be ready till November but very excited :)

Well done Abby - thats the best way to do it you know - your doing really well hun. How is your ankle is it feeling any better? x

Todays weight: 10st 12lb
Weight Loss this week: 0lb
Weight Loss to date: 36lb
Weight still to lose: 9lb
Target Date: 16.07.2012

Lucy x

Bet you are dead excited. It's something great to look forward to.
My ankle is a lot better thanks. I tore all the ligaments in my foot when I was 18 during a house fire so it's always been bit of a problem since then. It's part of the reason I need to lose weight for cause I get a lot of pain in it.

Hope your week has been good
Abby x

STS this week. It's been my brothers birthday, fathers day and my grans birthday all last week so I'm not complaining about not losing any.
Hope your ok Lucy?
Abby x

Yeah were really excited - the mortgage got approved lat week and the paperwork should be completed by 14th July then we just have to wait for them to build it :) quite good that its new build though cos we get to pick out kitchen flooring etc which is nice.

I put on 2lb this week but it was deserved I went to visit a friend from my old work for the weekend and lost control - I thoroughly enjoyed myself though and will be 100% back on it tomorrow.

I hope you enjoyed your week Abby sounds like you had lots of celebrations :) Well done for staying the same and Good Luck for next week hun x

Todays weight: 11st 00lb
Weight Loss this week: +2lb
Weight Loss to date: 34lb
Weight still to lose: 11lb
Target Date: 30.07.2012

Lucy x

Back