New Year's Resolutions

Spinoza

Never give up
Do you have any for next year? :D

Do you ever make any, or are you totally against the whole idea? If so, why? :confused:

Haven't made any serious ones for a few years, had got into a could not care less sort of state but things have changed now.

1. Keep the maintenance scheme working - good weeks and relaxed weekends seems to work for me.
2. Get back in the exercise routine, not only good for me but also for the dog.
3. Finish polishing them blinking tiles in the kitchen lol

Always make them. Then have to wait 364 days to try again :D. I'm so useless.

In my defence 1st Jan I'm always in a very tired and hungover state - not exactly giving ourselves a fighting chance, are we??!!

xxx

I do know what you mean, maybe they should start on the first work day after New Year, that works better for me :D

I do know what you mean, maybe they should start on the first work day after New Year, that works better for me :D

Fantastic idea ;)

xxx

LOL Toots!

Two large vodkas in, I have suddenly remembered that Vicky started a very similar thread last week, and I've already replied to it! D'oh! :D

Anyway, I want to run another half marathon before I get too old and my joints give out, LOL!

And I want to end 2011 the same weight I started it - that would be some achievement for me!

And, er, whatever else I said in Vicky's thread - that totally still holds true, whatever it was, LOL.

:D

You don't have to answer WW - but how old are you? I hit 50 in just under 18 months and would love to improve in the running stakes but think I have probably left it too late.

:8855:

pmsl - Make them, then forget them - that's one of my probs right there!

xxx

Hey Young lady - it's never too late and you are no age
xxx

43 - I don't mind owning up to my age at all petal!

And I totally think you can get into running at any age Bren. Start slowly and build it up, and you'll be amazed at what your body can do! I certainly have been. :)

You don't have to answer WW - but how old are you? I hit 50 in just under 18 months and would love to improve in the running stakes but think I have probably left it too late. :D

Hey young lady, it's never too late and you're no age

(quoted your wrong post last time - doh)

xxx

Thanks guys, I certainly feel younger than I did 10 years ago with not carrying all that extra weight around. I will make more of an effort with the running, just need a bit of co-operation from the missus to walk the dog so I can run instead some nights (he hates enforced running on the lead, but loves it off the lead - go figure).

Is he obedient enough to run alongside you off the lead Bren? That would be ideal.

My OH has a friend with a springer spaniel. He cycles for MILES (I mean 20 miles plus) several nights a week, with that dog just lolloping beside the bike having a ball. When they get home, he's ready for more! I could see your jogging pace being ideal for a big chocolate lab - plenty of time to sniff about and still catch up!

Can you not run with him off the lead or is that not possible? If not I'm sure your missus will walk the pooch if she knows how important the running is to you

xx

Nope, off the lead is impossible with him, he has absolutely no road sense whatsoever, if he smells food or sees something that might be food he has been known to drag me out into and across a road to get at it...................not a plan unfortunately. Unless I buy a field and run round that lol.

Yes I think the missus will get the message eventually, just needs feeding in so she thinks it is her idea ;-)

Nope, off the lead is impossible with him, he has absolutely no road sense whatsoever, if he smells food or sees something that might be food he has been known to drag me out into and across a road to get at it...................not a plan unfortunately. Unless I buy a field and run round that lol.

Yes I think the missus will get the message eventually, just needs feeding in so she thinks it is her idea ;-)

Sounds like me - distracted by food and shiney objects ;)

Good plan - ideas are always easier for them to accept when the other half thinks it's their own ;)

Right- am pooped - off to bedfordhsire

Night

xxx

Hi guys. I'm afraid I'll b making the same resolution I always make! Yep u guessed it... To lose weight/get to target! The obvious difference this time being I'm going to do it!! ;-)

I'm the same with the doglets lol. Mine would never be able to run alongside me. He insists on being ahead of me, even if that means pulling my arm off lol.

Good luck with all of your resolutions! We can do it

Ccxx

1. To hit goal this year
2. To seriously declutter the house
3. To spend more time doing than writing to do lists!!

Back