Total Solution New York or Bust

~nix~

Silver Member
Hi Peeps,

My Name is Nikki, im 44 and am a self confessed yoyo dieter. >.<

Im new to Exante, I just ordered the bonus pack of mixed goodies, plus a carbanara and a porridge to try them today, they arrive tomorrow, So tomorrow is my first day. Im Super excited, See ive done Lipotrim before really sucessfully, but i relapsed and put about 75% of my weight back on, through eating pretty much what i wanted once id got where i wanted to be and stayed there a few months. Im determinned that this year i will sort myself out and turn myself about , do it properly and stick to it.

I hate excercise, but ive bought a gym membership (gym is literally next door) and promised myself through this diet, monday to friday lunches i will go for 30 mins excercise each lunchtime, as i dont want to be "baggy" which was a problem i had last time i lost a lot of weight.

Im hoping that the shake and soup and bar choices you get with Exante will keep me going strong, and the fact that you can drink things other than black tea/coffee and water. (The hardest bit of lipotrim was all the water) I bought myself a box of bouillon (light salt) and a bottle of Asda Diet coke (as im not taking aspartame) and hope that they, plus my determination will see me through to the Ketosis. I know once im in Ketosis if i keep busy i will be ok.

I have a few goals/hurdles along the way

on 5th April im going for a long weekend in dublin, not sure how im going to handle this, any hints and tips would be welcome.

In July i will have to take a break from Exante for a few weeks whilst i go on my family holiday in spain

and lastly the big goal.... As incentive to keep to this diet, ive booked myself a week in New York shopping for the new me in September. Thats me goal to be at whats called a "Normal" weight.

Last time these forums were a godsend.. and kept me going.. im hoping that time time found they will be my sholder also :)

Hello..... and lets saddle up..... Nikki

Last edited:
Hey Nikki and welcome to the exante gang!

I'm so jealous that you're going to be off to New York, it is my dream to go there one day.
Are you hoping to stay on plan while you're in Ireland?
If you still want to have a meal out just make sure you stick to protein and veg.

Good luck with your weight loss x

Hi Nikki, welcome. I'm sure you'll do great since you've done this kind of diet before and you'll be "normal" weight in no time and be able to enjoy New York :)

i was hoping to get two weeks or a little more in on exante, then come pff it and eat only high protein no carbs stuff whilst im in dublin, then go straight back into it...the reason i want to eat in dublin is its my tenth wedding aniversary and i have a celebration meal booked... likely there will be champagne, so id need to come out of ketosis to be able to have a glas or two

but when i start again on the monday when i come back, hopefully i should be at a lighter starting point. then its 13 weeks in for the spain trip :)

Butterfly .. new york is ace... i used my tescos vouchers for airmiles and got the flights cheap.....
i go every few years, this is my 3rd trip ... :)

ok here goes.....

Day 1
waiting for my goodies to arrive, and determinned not to eat anything until they do.

weighed in this morning was as expected 17st6lb.

I had a black coffee with sweetner was ok
(this is the first time ive ~ever~ had a coffee but i thought id give it a go ive never been a coffee drinker).

just had an email my exante delivery is between 3 and 4pm today >.<
hell ive got to go all day with just fluids.. bah.... but it "is" do~able....
and if i cant be strong on my first day then i cant be strong ever.
Planning to go out for lunch and walk about for a bit to kill an hour, i think im going to need it :(

I will log what im "drinking" till the stuff arrives, but hells i can have a shake, bar and soup closer together ~something to look forwards to at least.

Day 1

1x cup Black coffee with sweetner (i hope stevia sweetners ok as its all i have)8.30am
huge glass of icy cold fizzy water 10.30am im now feeling soooo cold
cup of boullion ( quite like this stuff :) , a def bonus of this diet) 11am

~nix~

Last edited:
good luck hon, hope you can manage until your packs arrive. If you can't, then just eat something like a piece of chicken or a boiled egg, just protein no carbs, and you should be fine.

Well mornings over ive made it upto 12....lunchtime for me. Going out to sainsburys to look for this water we can have. By the time back it will only be a couple of hours till my delivery ( if it comes on time)

Feeling a bit peckish but the two glasses of water, one coffee and one bullion have helped....

Might have a asda diet coke in the car to keep me going till 3pm...

Still excited, still looking forward to my box arrriving.but really looking forward to my weight loss and getting back into my lovely summer clothes for the warm weather...

~ nix~

ok now ive had

one black coffee
2 cups boullion (one withe chilli flakes)
1 litre os fizzy spring water
1 litre sainsburys flavoured water...

im now hungry... i mean i am actuallyhungry and so sick of running to the loo every few mins.
my delivery isnt here yet :( ... im now clock watching and hoping it comes soon.

A hungry and cold Nikki >.<

Yeppwrs..im feeling a little tooo full.

I had my bar at 7.30 and soup at 9.30..i think it was a bit to soon and i could have gone with just the two meals...

I thought id better have the soup anyway....

Looking forward to tomorrow, eating at the right time and seeing if im still gonna manage a day...

I have a familiar tingy taste in my mouth, ive been eating small ammounts and low carbs for a couple of days before this diet. Im hoping to drop into ketosis by the end of the weekend :)

Loving the tastes of the food so far, pleased with the diet, and the lovely people on the forum....

Roll on tomorrow.

Nikki

I hope your delivery arrived :)

Whoops :D crossed posts :)
Glad you got your packs :D

There tasty ....

Now im so full i feel like ive had a huge meal...coz of all the drinking today

At least tomorrow you can space them out proper :)
And Wooohooo. ... day one is done ;)

well today has been ok :) so far ...strawberry shake (yummy) about 9am ishy....a litre of water or so, doing house work to keep my mind off it..Then I had my nut and raisin bar (again yummy) at about 3pm... more water, and im expecting to have my soup ... at about 8pm ish tonight...not been hungry, but then I have been busy and not thinking about food :) liking this diet so far

All is good when you're busy :D

Day two done....

Strawberry shake, raisen bar and thai soup...

Loved them all...washed down with 2 litres and counting of water, 2 cups of boullion and a sainsburys coke

I dont feel im missing anything. Wasnt really hungry . Noy in ketosis yet but coping, the different flavours help...and the shakes and soups are thicker

I think im really gonna like this diet

Nikki

Well done :D

WOW I had the porridge this morning it was lovely......im trying where possible to drink lots during the day and to have a bouillon at lunch time to trick myself I've eaten.... and save my bar for the tricky time about 3-4pm when I feel all snaky. I think im going to try the carbonarra tonight , as I bought a packet to try along with the porridge and my mixed box. I find if I have the bar at about 3.30 it will last me till about 7.30 then I can have my evening food (soup/carbonarra)also according to my ketone sticks, im moving quite nicely into ketosis.... traces of ketones already there.. so I think the worst is over for now.. Until I have to take myself out of ketosis on the 3rd April so I can have my 10th wedding anniversary away in Dublin... then I have to put myself back in for the long slog till my summer hols . I know its going to be worth it though ...

Ok....day 3 done...

Had the porridge ( love it)

A choc orange bar, then the tomato soup (just waiting of it to cool before having it)

Packed my stuff for work tomorrow.

Im getting nicely into ketosis... Feeling good about myself

I know i can do this and i cant wait for my first weigh in friday morning

Signing off for day 3

Nikki

Back