Newbie Carb dodger!

slimming lizard

Hello all,

Am a newbie here but not a newbie to SW. Spent most of last year on Green days, basically losing and gaining the same 3lbs...
Green days are great but I am bad at portion control- I would have a huge mound of pasta or potatoes and not even wonder why I was not seeing a good loss each week.

So off and on diets this year, mostly low carbing. In 3 months I have lost 5lbs. Not very impressive when I have 35 to lose at least.

Have now come back to SW and will stick to original red days.

Am not an expert on Red yet...a few questions if I may...

1.Chicken skin...a no no or can it be reasonably synned?
2.Milled flax seeds are great for constipation but are they very high in syns?
3. Are carrots ok for red days? Or do they stall you.
sure I will have a 100 more ?s

I start tomorrow although I will keep the carbs low today as well.

Im a red day fan, and i never go near the skin of chicken, so i wouldn't even know how to syn it, you don't really need it. Carrots they are my fave veg to snack on, these along with my milk allowance and cheese are the things i always prepare for myself, i measure my milk, and have my own special water bottle i keep it in, my cheese i always cut 7 pieces, and keep them in a small sandwich box, so i can just grab them out and same for the carrots, i chop them all and put them into a small sandwich box also ready for snacking on, I find carrots always make me want a drink of water after eating them, rather than a cuppa, so it helps me get in my water there. not sure on the seeds sorry. If you find you may be over doing your portions, just to help at first, go and buy a childs plastic plate they are normally the size between a side plate and a normal adult sized plate, so they'll stop you over filling Good Luck :)

The problem with green days is its all too easy to pile up the pasta rice and potatoes and forget all the veg - thats why I rarely do them.
I love EE but also do original when I need a boost - you dont have to use your b choices on potatoes and bread - lots of other things - ie, tinned soup when you are in a hurry and olive oil etc.
Good luck x

I'm a red girl all the way . And I've had great losses doing it . Carrots of fine on red I eat a fair few . Not sure about the seeds but as regards to the chicken skin yes you have to remove it . No idea on syns but it tastes fine without it . There's so many lovely reciepes like pizza topped chicken & diet coke chicken you really dont miss it

Hi
I hope you get the answers you needs. I too find that red days=better loss. This week I gained and i'd had a totally on plan week with 5 exercise sessions but i'd done a mix of red, green and ee days.
There are so many yummy recipes in the 100 free red days book (well worth getting). As of today i'll be joining you on the red days.
I bought a food processor yesterday to help me on my SW journey. Mainly to make nice salads, soups, coldslaws etc. Might be useful on red days to for making fish cakes, burgers, meatballs etc.
Good luck,
Mel

Sometimes i have ryvitas (dark rye), porridge oats, skimmed milk, mini baby bel light cheeses (not every day though), 2 small slices of w/m bread.
I'm going to have the extra virgin olive oil as healthy extra and maybe some nuts for next few days (no bread at all).
Been off plan completely for 3 days (and that's a first since i started SW last nov/. I had bad tummy bug for 2 days and yesterday just couldn't face anything healthy (craving carbs :eek:). Not sure whether to miss getting weighed this week and get back on track from today. Not sure I can take a gain this week (even if it's indirectly deserved!). I've not missed a weigh in since i started so it's not a usual event.
Sorry i've rambled....
Mel

When is yr weigh in day? If I was you I would still go then you know where you are. And you can have a word with yr consultant if you need help, thats what you pay for. And remember you can only have 6 groups a year holiday, so if you didnt go you would have to tell her in advance to book a holiday otherwise you will be charged. Hope this helps good luck in whatever you decide to do melh:D:D

Sometimes i have ryvitas (dark rye), porridge oats, skimmed milk, mini baby bel light cheeses (not every day though), 2 small slices of w/m bread.
I'm going to have the extra virgin olive oil as healthy extra and maybe some nuts for next few days (no bread at all).
Been off plan completely for 3 days (and that's a first since i started SW last nov/. I had bad tummy bug for 2 days and yesterday just couldn't face anything healthy (craving carbs :eek:). Not sure whether to miss getting weighed this week and get back on track from today. Not sure I can take a gain this week (even if it's indirectly deserved!). I've not missed a weigh in since i started so it's not a usual event.
Sorry i've rambled....
Mel

You've been really helpful, thank you x:D

Well I have been doin EE and not really gettin anywhere!!! So I'm gonna give red a go I swear by red as I lost 2stone in three months a few years ago o fingers crossed xxxxx

Chicken skin and seeds are both synned.

Chicken, average, meat & skin, 100g raw
Chicken leg, cooked without fat, including skin, average each
Chicken wings, cooked without fat, including skin, average each 1
Chicken, average, meat & skin, cooked without fat, 100g 6
Chicken drumstick, cooked without fat, including skin, average each

Flax seeds arent specifically listed but will be 1 syn per 20 calories so you can work it out from the packet. It will be similar to these other seeds I would imagine, so somewhere in rthe region 5 to 7.5 syns per 25g.

Seeds, hemp, 25g 5
Seeds, poppy, 25g 6½
Seeds, sesame, 25g 7½
Seeds, linseeds, 25g 6
Seeds, pumpkin, coat removed, 25g 7
Seeds, sunflower, coat removed, 25g 7½

If you have constipation it is vegetables you need, sorry to say. Also leave the skin on your potatoes to help with the fibre.

Back