Newbie coming from CD

phew! else I was going to sulk BIG time... already you guys get to eat all sorts of things BANNED over here!

Lol. If i could speak french id post the book to you whlie im out there but you cant buy our foods in your shops

if we were really nice we could send food parcels :)

haaaa you're very sweet... actually I tried one of your much coveted Muller lites over Christmas and found it YAK! (your word!!)... very overly sweet...

I'll stick to my French miserable food on which I no longer lose weight... grumble grumble grumble!!

(My other half is coming over in a few weeks so I'll write him a list!! Already some things are so much cheaper over there!)

Hope the Dukan book is on the list!!! On atkins when we stalled if was usually caused by citric acid or cheese.
Are any of your yogs got citric acid in or drinks? might be worth checking and taking them out of your diet for a week?

Funny you should say that... while I've never noticed the ingredients of my yoghurts, and I only have one a day, I did start last week having a squirt of lemon juice with some cold water first thing (I never use lemon juice in cooking, as Dukan says you can, so I thought it'd be ok...).

Do you think it might be that? Interesting!

I really think I had too many carbs in the way of veg/salad at the weekend though, cos I "gained" 800g of *water* at the wkend, and have dropped 300g per day since, but today that still leaves me 200g up!

I used to drink water with lemon in first thing in morning too, BUT the dukan UK book says you can cook with lemon but not to drink!!!!
so i chucked my jug with water and lemon down the sink!

Righteo... I'll stop that then... funnily enough I have been doing it for about two weeks, about the time I stopped losing much!! Thought it might help dull my sweet tooth and, sure enough, while I used to wince like hell trying to drink it, no problems now!

I'll put it back in when I move onto "normal food" mid-July then... cos it seems good for dulling the old sweet urges

Can you remind me which are the carby veggies and salad ing'ts to avoid please? Having never counted carbs, I have no idea (except to only have carrots/beetroot once a day)

Carrots and beetroot yes are carby. leeks, onions, swede, sweetcorn (we arent allowed this anyway are we?) peas

this might help more

Carbohydrates in Vegetables, Vegetable Carb Counter

I tend to just eat lettuce, cucumber, radishes, cabbage asparagus and spinach and green beans. although have added tomatoes and onions for Dukan.

Cucumber and mushrooms. The dark leafy green ones are not as high in carbs and cauliflower and broccoli is also ok to eat

oh yeah i eat a lot of mushrooms too. thanks for reminding me Cheryl x

Not sure if anyone has noticed yet but i cant live without mushrooms and onions. I love them

mmm me too :) might do some stuffed mush for with my chicken on sat - oh but then again my friend thinks mushrooms are devils food :D

GOOD THINKING :D

Some quark and ham :D

yes, some thyme i think. maybe some tomato too and onion. make a meal of it lol

Back