Newbie confusion: what are Vlcds?

River Tam

I've never heard of "Very low calorie diets" before... Are they like the products where you have a few shakes/bars a day, and one healthy meal? Like Slim Fast? But Slim Fast has its own section separate to here, so... :-/

Thanks!!

Its: Cambridge Weight Plan, Lipotrim, Lighterlife, Exante, Slim & Save or a host of others, google them x

They arent meant to be sustainable. You only do them til you lose the weight you want to lose. Theyre not like WW or SW where you can continue on them when you get to target.

Theyre a brilliant way to lose weight :)

Ahh i see! That could be quite useful for me!

Im worried about excess skin though once i lose weight, im only 18, and im 15stone, im not huge around the belly or anything its like my weights evenly distributed which is kinda lucky, but i do have a few stretch marks on my belly, would it be better to lose weight gradually and slowly like on a SW to reduce the change of excess skin???
Im panicking, im only young and like to partay and don't want to ruin my body anymore, obviously I shouldn't worry UNTIL i have the weight off... but i want the weight off badly so maybe a VLCD could be way forward...?

As a quick note, VLCD's aren't really conducive to a 'partay' lifestyle. In my response to your last post I told you that you needed to decide how committed you were. If you choose a VLCD you have to be 100% committed, because it's hard work. It's not the quick and easy fix that I think it can sometimes be potrayed as. I've never done a VLCD but the VLCD diary section is my favourite section here, I've read a lot of diaries!

If your body is going to give you excess skin, it's pretty much going to happen regardless of how fast/slow you lose. What helps is the fact that you're 18, so you're very elastic and your not dropping huge amounts not to be in anyway patronising Water, exercise and firming lotions are your best bet... but other than that there's not much you can do.

There is a balance, it's hard to find but its there! I've only just found it and I graduated 3 years ago!

Good luck with your A-Level results!

Back