Newbie Diary: Michelles meaty heaven

hey, RIFFRAF, of course it's working. Use the same scale all the time, same place same time or you will get different results!!

hey, RIFFRAF, of course it's working. Use the same scale all the time, same place same time or you will get different results!!

Haha, Rirraf...I like it Jim :)!

How has your day been?

x

Hi pretty good really, my wife, Colleen and I had a meeting with our financial advisor and it looks like I can probably retire now and we'll manage OK, I have a decent Army pension and some investments which are paying of OK, so I think I'll go for it. Sadly the "Child Bride" still has 7 years to go before she can retire, unless the Snivell Service gives her early redundancy, we can only hope Michelle :D

Hi pretty good really, my wife, Colleen and I had a meeting with our financial advisor and it looks like I can probably retire now and we'll manage OK, I have a decent Army pension and some investments which are paying of OK, so I think I'll go for it. Sadly the "Child Bride" still has 7 years to go before she can retire, unless the Snivell Service gives her early redundancy, we can only hope Michelle :D[/QUOTE

Hehe, child bride. Thats what my father in-law called me when I married at 23!!
Im on the new military penson scheme....and its nothing to shout about! I have to do 22years in order for it to start paying when I'm 55. If I leave before 22 I will get a small "handshake" and then they start paying when I'm 65!. What do you have planned for your retirement?

p.s....Do you think I am eating too much on this diet? Why am I not loosing?? Im not even in kitosis yet!!!

Morning Michelle,

Luckily I was on the old 22/9 colour service engagement, commuted half my pension on leaving added that to my gratuity payment and bought our house, then once I was 55 my full pension kicked in again.

Now, your not in ketosis you say? I'd look carefully at what you're eating Michelle, if you are getting less than 20 carbs a day then you must be in ketosis. I suppose you can over eat on Atkins, but if you do as he says and "eat until you're full not bursting" then you are not over eating.

Hi michelle. I personally don't lose if I eat atkins bars or sf jelly so might nbe worth cutting them out for a few days.

Morning Michelle,

Luckily I was on the old 22/9 colour service engagement, commuted half my pension on leaving added that to my gratuity payment and bought our house, then once I was 55 my full pension kicked in again.

Now, your not in ketosis you say? I'd look carefully at what you're eating Michelle, if you are getting less than 20 carbs a day then you must be in ketosis. I suppose you can over eat on Atkins, but if you do as he says and "eat until you're full not bursting" then you are not over eating.

Hello Major :).

Yes according to the kitosis sticks I'm not in kitosis as they are not changing colour! I have cut out MIMs....which also means quite abit of butter as I used to smother them (i love MIMs). If I'm not in kitosis by Saturday I'm going to cut out my other love...jelly and cream! Im not too sure whats going on....I dont think im eating too much.

Anyway, here is todays food diary...what do you think?

Breakfast, Sugar free jelly (hartleys sachet one thats powder) and extra thick cream-2Carbs

Lunch, half a cup of lettuce (3Carbs),corned beef (0.5), ham, feta-cheddar (3Carbs), mayo
half a Atkins bar (1.5carbs)

Dinner,
Gammon and 2 eggs, mushrooms half a cup (3carbs)

13Carbs.

Have estimated on the lettuce and Mushrooms carb values..are they about right?

Hmm, Atkins says you should try and get 15 of your daily carbs from green leaf veggies, You seem to be existing on S/F L/C products Michelle, I don't see many greens there

Hmm, Atkins says you should try and get 15 of your daily carbs from green leaf veggies, You seem to be existing on S/F L/C products Michelle, I don't see many greens there

I seem to have lettuce (salad) for lunch and Kale/mushrooms or leeks for dinne as they are the main veg I like out of this list.

What are the carb counts for a cup each of those? Maybe im going over the the veg?

xx

I don't think so I used 3 coffee mugs of chopped green leaf veggies a day back then Michelle, and I counted mushrooms as a free food. What I didn't use was any of the diet products, mainly because they were not available in the UK back then love.

Jim's saying you're going under on the veg and over on the Atkins bars. 100g kale has about 1g carbs. It depends which variety of lettuce, but lettuce has about the same. So you could afford lots more veg (don't follow my example on veg, I take medically prescribed vitamins which negate a lot of the need for them) while the Atkins bars especially but also sometimes the jelly are known to stall people. Veg wise I love courgettes, asparagus, cabbage, leeks (in moderation), and mushrooms are negligible in carbs, you barely need to count them. Youre getting about 3-4g carbs from veg so you have room to try a few more?

Hmmm, saying goodbye to the Jelly and the MIMs is not nice! But I guess its got to be done. They were just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth etc. x

Oh jinx, posted at the same time ;)

Maybe just try cutting them out for 3-4 days and see what happens. Then you could reintroduce in smaller amounts and not daily?

Suppose when you put it like that I am no where near using 15grams of carbs on Veg! Im going to cut out the cream and Jelly as well as the MIMs...and UP my veg. The Atkins bars are mainly just for work if I get stuck whist travelling. Will try and cut them out unless desperate3.

So, No MIMs, Cream, Jelly, minimal atkins bars......there goes the yummy stuff lol! I hope I can add the MIMs back in once I am on track.

xxx

Cheers for your help guys. I can't wait to have a slightly coloured kitosis stick lol.....I think I might frame it!!!!

x

Evening Michelle :). Impressed by your motivation - go girl!

Morning Michelle, go for it love

Helloo all,

GUESS WHAT!! My kitosis stick just changed to the first pink shade...wooohoooo! Am feeling very happy right now. 2 people also commented on me looking "like I've lost weight" wooohooo! Am very chuffed :). Looks like it was the MIMs,cream and Jelly afterall :-(. Im sad they will have to go. I hope to be in a darker shade of kitosis by Saturday! Then hopefully I will stay there.

How are you all today?? I have just got in from work and came home to a clean oven and polished house...thanks Hubby :). Think he got the hint yesterday when I was said "this house is a pig sty..." lol.
We had some horrible news at work today. Our station commander was tragically killed riding home yesterday on his bike. Its soo sad. He has two young girls and a wife. It really hits home how much we have to make of this life as it can be taken away at any minute!

Anyway, on to todays food.

Breakfast...microwaved 2 bits of bacon and a cup of tea with soya milk.

Lunch...cod (took batter off), ham, salad leaves, cucumber, chicken and mayo. Followed by 250mls of soya milk made into a latte with 2 sachets of splendar (noticed the coffee shop at work has the sachets so discretly took a handful to out in my handbag). The latte was gorgeous and felt such a treat!! It worked out as only 2.5Carbs too.Well worth it.

Dinner...not sure yet but defo not MIM, Cream or jelly!!! :-0.

How are you all today?? I really do look forward to reading how you have got on etc!!

xxx

Hi Michelle, so it seems you have found your answer then, that's good. I'm looking forward to the meet tomorrow :)

Back