Newbie Diary: Michelles meaty heaven

If it changes colour at all youre in ketosis Michelle. Its actually better for it to be lighter coz it means youre not dehydrated. It can also not change colour at all if your body is good at getting rid of ketones so you really shouldnt be concerned by what the sticks say. If youre doing it right you will be in ketosis.

Morning Michelle :)

Hello all, how are you today??

I have just eaten an endulge bar...the chocolate crispy one...not realising that its for phase 2 only! Damn!! (2Carbs)....

Anyway,today has been a good day so far. Went to the gym and did some interval training and sit ups. I then had my cocoa MIM with butter for breakfast (3Carb)

For lunch I went to mess and had

1boiled egg, ham, cumberland sausage (allow 5Carbs),2 small meat balls(allow 3 carbs) and some salad, mayo. Cheese 2Carb)

For dinner I am going to have some froken beef steaks from iceland (0 carb) cooked in garlic butter with some curly kale and mushrooms (5carbs). Followed by jelly.

Have decided to lay off the cream abit as Im sure I was having too much!?? How much is one ounce? A spoonful? lol.

20 Carbs today (providing I have allowed enough for the sausage at lunch).

p.s.....the chocolate endulge bar was SOO worth it...its like REAL chocolate! YUM. But what will happen now??x

Hi Michelle, that bar sounds good :). I haven't tried one yet because I'm worried I'll like them too much!:eek:

Hi Michelle, that bar sounds good :). I haven't tried one yet because I'm worried I'll like them too much!:eek:

I know I can stick to this diet with those chocolate bars lol! How are you today?
Im not in kitosis!?? What am I doing wrong? Am i cheating some how?? Im worried that all this butter and fat I am eating is going to put weight on me instead of burn it if im not in kitosis!

xx

Michelle, how can you tell the carb rates for food eaten in the mess?

Oh and Morning, I couldn't have done atkins when i was living in the mess :D

Michelle, how can you tell the carb rates for food eaten in the mess?

Oh and Morning, I couldn't have done atkins when i was living in the mess :D

Morning Jim,

It was only a one off with me going to the mess. I had green salad with a boiled egg, cold ham,grated cheese, cumberland sausage (which I guessed the carb count on...5carbs) and some mayo. I was hoping this choices were Atkins friendly.

I know I could of messed up with the sausage!! I will stay away from them in the future.

Im not in kitosis yet according to the kitosis stick things :-(!!

Just had a cocoa MIM(4) with butter/cream(2Carb) for breakfast.

How are you today? What did you do in the Army? My dad was in the Scots guards.

x

Try skipping the mims for a couple of days - it might get you into ketosis faster.

My dad and grandad were RAF. Dad grew up between Cyprus and Singapore.

What did you do in the Army? My dad was in the Scots guards.

I did 3 years in 2 Para and then 22 years in The RAOC as a loggie working in IT Michelle, started as a trooper, retired as a Major. :)

Oh no, do I really have to say bye to the mims :-(!!!! My beloved MIMs...noooooo! I will do that then. Have just eaten my last MIM that was in the fridge so will cut them out.

My next weigh in is Thursday. Going to make that my official weigh in day.

For breakfast I had half of a big MIM(3Carb) I made with butter and a spoonful of extra thick cream(1Carb)

Lunch, Turkey, lettuce and cucumber (6Carbs)

Got in from work starving so had

Sugar free Jelly,2 tablespoons of extra thick cream (2carb) and rest of MIM i made for breakfast (3Carb).Turkey (0.5Carb)Kabano sausage.

Dinner, Low carb sausages 0.5 carb,Turkey (0.5Carb), Kale (4Carbs).

So that will be 20carbs..... What do you thick of what Im eating??

Defo going to cut the MIMs out from tomorrow...I promise!

Hows your days going?

Good morning!
When do you next weigh in?
Just a thought but I was told not to have mims more than twice a week. Actually I don't have them at all as I prefer to have extra veg instead.
You seem to be doing really well. Keep going girl! :D

awww really! Who suggested that about the MIMs? Maybe thats why i dont seem to be in kitosis yet! iv eaten LOTS of MIM today...going to give it a miss over the next few days to see if that changed the kitosis stick colour! Will be sad to see the MIMs go lol

xx

Hey
don't worry too much about the ketostix changing colour - mine didn't change colour for 6 days after i started!!, but i'd still lost 8lbs. sometimes the sticks are faulty, sometimes (because you're drinking so much water), there arent enough ketones to detect.
as long as you're following the diet correctly, you'll be in ketosis.

i have had a MIM a day and i'm still losing. i just have to be careful with cheese as i sometimes have too much without noticing.

also, you asked earlier about soft drinks? i have been drinking diet coke caffeine free. there's no sugar, and the book said to avoid caffeine, so ticks all the boxes.
also you can have Oasis Light, and Vimto Diet (both are 0.something sugar)...these are the only drinks i've looked up and drink.

hope this has been useful - you seem to have it sussed so far!! xx

Hey
don't worry too much about the ketostix changing colour - mine didn't change colour for 6 days after i started!!, but i'd still lost 8lbs. sometimes the sticks are faulty, sometimes (because you're drinking so much water), there arent enough ketones to detect.
as long as you're following the diet correctly, you'll be in ketosis.

i have had a MIM a day and i'm still losing. i just have to be careful with cheese as i sometimes have too much without noticing.

also, you asked earlier about soft drinks? i have been drinking diet coke caffeine free. there's no sugar, and the book said to avoid caffeine, so ticks all the boxes.
also you can have Oasis Light, and Vimto Diet (both are 0.something sugar)...these are the only drinks i've looked up and drink.

hope this has been useful - you seem to have it sussed so far!! xx

Hmmm, I am estimating with the cheese too!! Is it 1 ounce is 1Carb?? I think maybe im eating the right things but I need to tighten up on the ammounts and make sure im not adding extra carbs by having too much!! Thanks for your help my lovely :). Well done on your 8lb! x

yeah 1 ounce/30g of cheese = 1g carb. i just never weigh anything that's my problem! lol! x

Morning Michelle, ah the dreaded Cheese, it was always a problem for me.

Morning michelle
Good work trying to find your culprit - keep going ;)

Hello all, How we all?? Well, I weighed myself today...on some completely different scales and I don't want to think about it!!! According to these scales I have put on 4lb :-(! Im quite sad but I guess I knew it was going to happen after being on CD for 2 weeks.

I have been MIM free today so am hoping that will get things going. I am feeling really down right now...im making a real effort to loose some weight and not seeming to get anywhere! SAD TIMES :-(!

Anyway, here is todays food diary.

Breakfast, Atkins readymade chocolate shake(YUK!) (1.3Carbs)

Lunch, 1 slice of corned beef (0.5),kabanos, ham,Lettuce (3Carb), mayo. Half a Atkins dark chocolate crisp bar (2carb)

Snack,Sugar free jelly (carbs?) 90grams extra thick cream (3carbs)

Dinner, 2x 100% beef burgers, Kale&mushrooms (6carb), feta (1carb), halloumi (2carbs), mayo

19 carbs in total.

What do you guys thick of this?? Have decided to give myself another week until I update my ticker!! Can't face putting a 4lb gain on. I guess the fact I have weighed on different scales every time doesnt help matters. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

xxx

Different scales will always give you different weights. Can't you WI properly on your original ones?

My home scales are stupid and weigh me 5-7lbs heavier than any other scales :-(. The last proper scales I weighed myself on was my CD consultants....but I wont be seeing her again (THANK GOD). Im going to go by the scales someone has brought to work and weigh every Wednesday from now on.

Im really sad about the gain though. I sort of feel it might not be working for me! :-(...I dont feel like im dieting at all...and im not hungry much. HELP!?? Please....before I give up! Need some serious words of wisdom xx

Back