Newbie Diary: Michelles meaty heaven

ChelleryPickle

Hello,

My name is Michelle and I am 23. I started the cambridge diet on 13/02/11 and manged that 100% until 22/02/11. My plan was just to use it as a "quick fix/detox" so I could start afresh and get out of some bad eating habits I was in.I stumbled across the Atkins and noticed that some people have come across from a VLCD like CD/LL to Atkins and really enjoyed it. Anyway, last night I ordered the books....did as much reading of threads and read the website and decided this was for me. So this evening I started the Atkins diet!!! I can't wait for my books to arrive!!!!!

I went to Sainsburys with my husband and bought everything I noted that I could eat for the 2 week induction.

My first shopping list was as follows

Chicken
Beef Mince
Ham
Bacon
Peperamis
Tuna
Lots of eggs
Spicy low carb/sugar sausage
Low carb sausages
Cream
Chedder
Cheese strings
Hellmans full fat mayo
Mushrooms
Cabbage
Couliflower
Sugar free jelly
Lettuce
Brocolli

For Dinner I had....

A Peperami 0.6carbs
Lots of roast chicken including the skin
1 cup of lettuce
small chunk of cheese (1.5carbs)
Big tablespoon on Mayo

Please can someone let me know if this is ok?? I can't wait to read my book (fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow).

And after 10 days of not eating I feel FULL :).

I feel very worried about eating again and I am hoping I am making the right decision..I guess not eating for a whle can make you question it when you decide too. I am expecting a gain in the first week but hope to loose that in the second.

Any advice would be MUCHLY appreciated.

Hope your all well and I look forward to chatting and supporting you all...

Looks good to me Michelle.

Dont be surprised if you do have a gain the first week or so. It will even out and youll start losing again if you hang in there.

Looks good to me Michelle.

Dont be surprised if you do have a gain the first week or so. It will even out and youll start losing again if you hang in there.

Cheers. Until my Atkins book arrive (hopefully tomorrow) could you clarify a few things for me?

Do you have to count the carbs in Meat?
Am in allowed LC sausags in Induction?
Do I have to count carbs in Cream and Mayo?

xxx

What carbs in meat? If youre eating unprocessed food there wont be any carbs in your meat.
LC sausages are fine. Just make sure you include the carbs in your daily carb count.
Yep, count the carbs in cream, mayo and cheese.

What carbs in meat? If youre eating unprocessed food there wont be any carbs in your meat.
LC sausages are fine. Just make sure you include the carbs in your daily carb count.
Yep, count the carbs in cream, mayo and cheese.

Carbs in meat....shows how much I know about nutrition and what I put in my mouth eh!!

Cheers for all of this.

Also, when can I start using flax seed meal (it think thats what its called)...I have seen lots of recipes on the thread that uses that as the main ingredient....the muffins have caught my eye!!

xxxx

You can use flaxmeal as soon as you like - Id be lost without my mims. Just try to limit yourself to one serving a day or it can bung you up.

You can use flaxmeal as soon as you like - Id be lost without my mims. Just try to limit yourself to one serving a day or it can bung you up.

Awww, thanks. By the way..your before and after pic is amazing!! Is that with Atkins?? Go you :). Is it band that I feel guilty eating after doing the cambridge diet?I sort of feel like I have given in!

Chelle

hi cherellypickle:)

I felt exactly the same when i finished LL. I started Atkins and was feeling really guilty eating food, so i do sympathise with you!
I went back to LL for a few more weeks but because i had lapsed a few times ( ham, cheese and egg picker) I gave up and then went on to Exante after a couple of weeks doing my own low carb thing!

Anyway, I think Atkins is the way to go. It has been around for years and its like any diet..it works if you do it properly!. Im starting on Atkins again today with the knowledge that i will lose weight, I will feel good and I will be able to stick to it.

Good luck and dont worry, you will get your head round it and Im sure you will get lots of advice from more experienced Atkiners:)

sorry message is all underlined...my lappy is playing about!!

Last edited:
My head is just all over the place right now!! Im wondering whether to just carry on and finish off my CD shakes as planned...and see what I decide after.How much of a blip to you think what I ate earlier is??

xx

Hi Michelle, welcome:)

Sorry cant help on the transfer over, but can recommend that you stick with us on Atkins. Ideally you should see this as a way of eating that will also make you healthy, fit and thin. If you give it a go, you may never want to go back on a "diet" again

Good luck whatever you choose :D

Hi Michelle, welcome:)

Sorry cant help on the transfer over, but can recommend that you stick with us on Atkins. Ideally you should see this as a way of eating that will also make you healthy, fit and thin. If you give it a go, you may never want to go back on a "diet" again

Good luck whatever you choose :D

Thanks for that! I really need encouragement at the mo as I am feeling terribly guilty about eating even though I was on CD for 10 days....
I am sure the Atkins is the way forward for me but I need more info I think. Right now I feel like I just scoffed a meal in a frenzy without knowing why or how its going to work....Mayo/diet...really lol?? I need my atkins book to arrive asap as then I can read the facts over and over until its clear in my head.

Do you know of any other CD/LL converts to atkins that i can buddy up with in this forum?

Take a look down the threads - fairly sure this was covered recently :)

Take a look down the threads - fairly sure this was covered recently :)

Cheers me dears! Do you mind telling me what a MiM is?? x x

Muffin in a minute - take a look at the sticky up the top :)

Muffin in a minute - take a look at the sticky up the top :)

Have just found the thread!! Oh my....MUFFINS!!! Well it doesnt get much better than that does it!!! x x

Awww, thanks. By the way..your before and after pic is amazing!! Is that with Atkins?? Go you :). Is it band that I feel guilty eating after doing the cambridge diet?I sort of feel like I have given in!

Chelle

40lbs of it was on Atkins and the rest on Exante which is pretty much the same as CD.

I just switched back to Atkins a couple of weeks ago coz Ive had enough of meal replacement to last me a lifetime (was doing it from September). Im hoping that I will start losing again once my body properly adjusts to food coz the thought of having to go back to vlcd to lose the rest of the weight is doing nothing for me at all.

VLCDs arent for everyone and you certainly shouldnt feel guilty about switching.

Oh I've just seen this Hi Michelle :)

Oh I've just seen this Hi Michelle :)

Hi Jim, you seem to be a regular on here and full of sound advice!!

You b4/after pictures are really amazing...I bet you feel full of beans!!

How are you today?

p.s Are you allowed flaxmeal (to make the muffins) in Induction.

Well my books have arrived :).

Atkins revolution
New diet cook book
Carb counter :)

I feel ready to start my journey now :).

If im honest I feel quite guilty about eating and Im hoping I wont put the 10lbs I lost in 2 weeks back on. I know this is already going to be soo much easier to do that CD...I will actually be able to chew AMAZING!! lol. I can have chocolate (in the form of a atkins protein bar) provided its in my carb allowance!! Is this right??

Hope your all having a good day :)

Back