Newbie Diary: Michelles meaty heaven

Hi Michelle,
yes to mims on inductions but dont overdo them - 1 per day max and they help look after your insides :)

Some people have atkins bars on induction - but given you want to hang on to your current loss, I recommend you avoid them at least until after induction - see the thread on sugar alcohols / polyols - they stall many people!!!!

As jim would say - go lean and green and it should set you up for success :)

Hi Michelle,
yes to mims on inductions but dont overdo them - 1 per day max and they help look after your insides :)

Some people have atkins bars on induction - but given you want to hang on to your current loss, I recommend you avoid them at least until after induction - see the thread on sugar alcohols / polyols - they stall many people!!!!

As jim would say - go lean and green and it should set you up for success :)

Lean and green? What do you have lean? I thought you were encouraged to eat the fat on the meat and have butter/cream/mayo etc???

xxx

yes to fat on the meat. Dont over do the cheese/cream - atkins gives specific daily limits for induction.

Some people get stalled from cream/cheese so need to watch for this. I am enjoying the cream & cheese after years of avoiding fat but find it fairly rich so dont have much. Guess you could go completely overboard if you weren't careful!

yes to fat on the meat. Dont over do the cheese/cream - atkins gives specific daily limits for induction.

Some people get stalled from cream/cheese so need to watch for this. I am enjoying the cream & cheese after years of avoiding fat but find it fairly rich so dont have much. Guess you could go completely overboard if you weren't careful!

Thanks for all this advice...your an absolute star. Its really nice to have support on this forum when doing this...Im going to need it!! Im not a big cheese eater really...a match box size is normally enough if its a extra stong cheddar. I might cut out my cheese string just to see how I loos weight on this.

As for the Atkins bars, I think I will mainly use those for when I a desperate for chocolate. Do you think i will continue to be in kitosis switch from CD to Atkins?

xxx

Here is my food for this evening which is my official Atkins start day :)

Breakfast is 1 CD shake
Lunch 1 CD shake (had not read the book properly yet and was still making up my mind about Atkins)

Got home from work ravishing so had a snack of

1 cheese string..carbs? 2?
5 small cubes of feta 1.2
1/2 breast of roast chicken
2 table spoons of full fat mayo..Carbs?
Small no carb sausage.

No sugar jelly
2 tablespoons of cream

I am still very full after eating this at about 4pm so am not going to have dinner as I will feel ill. My tummy has obviously shrunk on the CD.

I made a chicken breast filled with garlic butter and a small piece of cheese, wrapped in bacon for tomorrows lunch to have with cup of lettuce and cucumber.

What do you think of this??

xxxx

Looks delicious to me lol :)

No seriously you need some of our more expert/long term atkinsers for details -and look at adding green veg in evening as well as your salad for lunch. If you look in the stickies there is a list of recommended veg - i've fallen back in love with brocolli :D

Good luck - I think you'll like it here!

Looks delicious to me lol :)

No seriously you need some of our more expert/long term atkinsers for details -and look at adding green veg in evening as well as your salad for lunch. If you look in the stickies there is a list of recommended veg - i've fallen back in love with brocolli :D

Good luck - I think you'll like it here!

Cheers Katie,

I sooo hope I can loose weight on this. Please keep you fingers crossed for me. have you got a diary? xxx

Morning Michelle, yes I don't see enough green leafy veggies there :)

Morning michelle :)
Hope you have a good food day. Yes - i have a diary, just look thro the diary threads. I only started begin of jan and delighted with WOE and how good i feel - oh and weight loss :)

Morning michelle :)
Hope you have a good food day. Yes - i have a diary, just look thro the diary threads. I only started begin of jan and delighted with WOE and how good i feel - oh and weight loss :)

Aww so pleased you are enjoying it. Its nice to hear. Alot of my CD friend,including me have/had quite a few days of struggling so its nice to be eating again :). Will read you diary this evening.

xxx

Heres todays food,

Breakfast CD shake....have just found out they are not finr on atkins and have 14-16carbs in...thankgod I found out on day1!

4slices of gamon ham
Small chicken breast wrapped in bacon with garlic butter and tiny bit of cheese inside.1 carb
25grams of Feta 1
Mayo

MiM=5 carb
butter on mim..mmmm....

Dinner (I am so full from my huge lunch I doubt I will have dinner again but if I do I will have)

Leek
mushroom
beef mince
virgin olive oil
bouillion
chilli powder

(veg 5 carbs?)

12carbs in total....but then foudn out my CD shakes have 14carbs in them so that sort of ruined it! 26carbs!

Made my first MiM...oh my god!! they are going to be a life saver!! How long do they keep for??? Am thinking of making one for lunch on the go at work tomorrow?

Last edited:
they will last till then love.
OMG really must read properly you dont even want to know what i thought your diary title was.

Vicky - stop it lol. !!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hahaha......well a very VLCD can do the to a girl when shes told she can eat for the first time in ages lol! haha, how funny lol!

Anyway, um lol...how are you girls today?? I felt soo tired today...I was not expecting to feel pants for a few days as I was hopefully already in kitosis from being on the cambridge diet....I tranferred straight to this?? Any ideas ladies lol.

Still laughing at the meaty mayhem lol
xx

Hi Michelle - maybe things have changed, but when I did cambridge the shakes had 14 - 16 grams of carbs in them and most of that came from sugar which is really really not a good thing to have on atkins... check the nutritional info on the side of your packs just to be sure??

Also I think the basic mim is more like 3g carbs?

Hi Michelle - maybe things have changed, but when I did cambridge the shakes had 14 - 16 grams of carbs in them and most of that came from sugar which is really really not a good thing to have on atkins... check the nutritional info on the side of your packs just to be sure??

Also I think the basic mim is more like 3g carbs?

Rosebud, I can't thank you enough!! Thankyou sooo much for telling me about the CD shakes. I did ask someone but they must have been mistaken. Atleast I have only messed up for 1 day eh!? Sooo annoying! I hope it wont mess me up too much. No wonder I have been really tired today! I thought it was because of my gym workout and early start.

Also, dont know why I put 1carb for the MIM...i knew it was 3 lol. Thanks for pointing it out though. How are you today??

The cambridge thing can be confusing because you're also in ketosis on cambridge - but you're in ketosis for a different reason, because your calories are so low, which means your carbs can be higher. On atkins you really need to stick below 20g for the induction phase, and having something sugary will give you an insulin spike which can stall and also make you tired when your body doesn't get another insulin rush a couple of hours later.

Not to worry though, you're just starting out and it'll just be more a case of having eased yourself onto the wagon rather than jumped straight on ;) There are low carb shakes you can have though. I use dietimeal ready to drink which are from the lowcarbmegastore online.

I'm good! How are you?

Cheers for the advice. Your lovely :).

Do you know if I can have alpro soya (milk type stuff)for my tea? its 0.1gram per 100ml and 0.1gram of sugar??

Back