Newbie - HELP!

Khithi

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the Cambridge diet. I started last Monday and have had my first weigh in today and have lost 7lbs which I am really happy about, but I have to admit that I really struggled in the first week to the point that I almost wanted to quit :wave_cry: - glad to say I stuck with it though.

However today I feel a lot happier and a hell of a lot more positive :eek: unlike the teary:cry:, depressed state I was in last week. That being said if anyone has any advice or motivational advice please feel free to pass them over to me because I'm gonna need all the advice I can get x

Right - well firstly welcome, and congratulations for making it through the hellish first week.

Advice?
- Know why you're doing this and remind yourself often
- Use minimins, ask questions, moan, read the diaries and set up your own one
- Drink the water, make friends with it, you'll get used to it
- Give yourself treats and rewards for victories - sticking at it for a month, losing a stone...
- Avoid, and if not, delay for as long as possible, allowing yourself food. Social events can be done on SS, and coming back after a break is so much harder than sticking on it to begin with#
- Have some spare packs for emergencies. Stuck in traffic / working late / spilled your shake... don't put yourself in a position where you have to have something else
- If you have hungry days, have another pack. You won't be opening the box marked 'food' and you'll stay in ketosis.
- Blend everything (a stick blender is fine). Lumps are grim. Add Icecubes to your shakes before blending.

Good luck.

spangles said:
Right - well firstly welcome, and congratulations for making it through the hellish first week.

Advice?
- Know why you're doing this and remind yourself often
- Use minimins, ask questions, moan, read the diaries and set up your own one
- Drink the water, make friends with it, you'll get used to it
- Give yourself treats and rewards for victories - sticking at it for a month, losing a stone...
- Avoid, and if not, delay for as long as possible, allowing yourself food. Social events can be done on SS, and coming back after a break is so much harder than sticking on it to begin with#
- Have some spare packs for emergencies. Stuck in traffic / working late / spilled your shake... don't put yourself in a position where you have to have something else
- If you have hungry days, have another pack. You won't be opening the box marked 'food' and you'll stay in ketosis.
- Blend everything (a stick blender is fine). Lumps are grim. Add Icecubes to your shakes before blending.

Good luck.

Great advice Spangles, thanks very much from another newbie x
GMC2011

Awe, thank you guys for all the help. I will deffo remind myself of these whenever I find it hard.

Hi Khithi, well done on your first week. I have just completed my first week as well so understand how hard it was. I have hung a pair of size 12 jeans on my bedroom door to remind me why I'm doing this diet ..... I am desperate to be in them for Christmas. Is there an outfit you would like to wear by Christmas?
Good luck and stick with it!
GMC2011 xx:clap:

Back