Newbie May Starters Unite! :D

minirog

Silver Member
Hiya,

Thought I would start a thread so all us newbies can keep in touch and share stories about how it's going. Will be good to encourage each other I reckon!

So this is me:

I'm Kate. I'm 32, I have one gorgeous son and a very lovely husband who is supporting me on this weight loss journey. I have a LOT of weight to lose. I want to lose 144 pounds (just over 10 stone) by next year and have so far lost 50lbs using other diets. However, I've now come over to ww as I wanted a diet that fitted into my life a bit better. The Total Food Replacement diets are good for shifting weight, but very hard to stick to!

I love The Biggest Loser, hate mustard and my favourite healthy food is probably corn on the cob or pineapple.

How about anyone else?

Kate x

well done Kate on your first weeks loss. And youve done really well this year as well- go Girl! :)

I'm Jen, 43 ( how did that happen?) and want to lose 3-4 stone. I'm going to go along to join up tonight having messed about with dieting since the new year and getting nowhere fast.

I'm really fed up about my current weight and size- wish I'd got going before the warm weather started but was not to be!

Still, no time like the present and Will get my large but down to group tonight to sign up for the future...

Good to meet you and hope we can support each other on here!
x

Hi all I'm a newbie too. Have my first weigh in tomo.

I'm Elaine and I'm 25. Doing ww on my own at home. Did it before so have the books but didn't really stick to it till goal weight but am lovely this forum. Anytime I'm feeling the need to break and be bold, I come in here and see others success and it keeps me on track

Hi Elaine! Hi Jen!

Nice to meet you. This website is so good for helping keep on track. I'm not going to meetings as I hate meeting people in groups - I'm so shy - but this thread could be our own little meeting!

My weigh day is a Thursday morning so I'll let you know how I do! Good Luck with your weigh in tomorrow, Elaine. Make sure you keep us posted.

Jen, I reckon going to a meeting and having that dreaded first weigh-in is the hardest step - you go for it! Hope your leader is nice.

So, how's it going so far today? I've consumed 9.5 points so far out of my 24. I usually eat around 20 a day.

Are you guys thinking of starting up some exercise? Or do you exercise already? I'm going to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and have a trainer there who kicks my bum! Hopefully it all helps.

Kate x

Hi Kate, Elaine and Jen
Well done all of you. Im Julie, 41 years old and I joined last week after starting WW last monday. Ive lost with weight watchers before by counting points and I find this works best for me, but Ive put all the weight ive lost back on. I find the losing quite exciting and am quite motivated and strong willed when I get going, its the maintaining I find hard. Im looking to lose 5 stone in total which will make me 10stone. Ive lost 2 lbs in my first week, Ive upped the excercise so hope to lose some more this week. As I dont go to class Im using all the WW watchers info that I had from before, are fruits and vegetables (apart from potatoes, parsnips, peas and bananas) counted as no points? cos Im a bit confused.
Good luck this week
Julie x

I joined a gym last Sunday, gave me a program which I did 3 times last week and then did some swimming for extra cardio. Going to go after work this evening. I'm on 22 points at the mo, find the evenings the hardest to stick to plan but made some veggie lasagna worth 3 pts pee portion so means I can have a little bit of chocolate then too. Loving curly whirlys as my treat as they are only 2.5

Hi All!

Well where do I start, My name is Gemma and I'm 25 years young. I hail from the lovely land of Fife in Scotland and I'm trying to get rid of the stubborn mess that is my weight. :)

What is pushing me into this at the moment is my best friend Lisa (who will be referred to as LiLi :p) is getting Married next March to my other friend Alan (aww!).

Now this is where it starts, she has bought me the most gorgeous dress to be a bridesmaid in, and I'm sure i'll feel a million pounds on the day...only problem is...it's a size 14....and I'm....well...not.

So yeah, this is my attempt at getting slim for next march and beyond. I have a corset also that used to fit me that I paid £200 for...that doesnt fit anymore...so this is the line drawn. I had my first wi last wednesday and had lost 1.5lbs. Slow start...but a start.

Ok I'll stop rambling now :D

:D

hi girls..im a newbie to the site but not to ww.. i have been a member a few times and i re-joined in january i have 17lbs down so far, had a few hols and weddings thrown in along the way so im pretty happy with the loss so far. I want to loose another 21 lbs to get me to ideal weight, my mini goal is a stone for my hols in august. Im determined to do it this time..ive been battling weight for years and its time i got to goal for once and for all. My hubby is very good and supports me eatin all the diet stuff and not complaining about me draggin him walking.
Best of luck to ye all on your journeys too..and here's to many good posts about losses. My weigh in is tmrw evening..kinda dreading it but i always am lol.

Hello all :newbie:

I'm also new to the site and WW. Had my 1st w-i last night at group and lost 4lbs which I was so chuffed about. It's given me the determination I need to finally shift my weight.
I'm 45yrs old and mum to 2 gorgeous boys aged 9 and 11. Can't even blame it on baby weight anymore! I'm fortunate that I have a really supportive partner who is also doing WW with me.
I've been browsing this site for months and love it so it's nice to get involved and be part of the group.

Good luck to everyone and look forward to reading about your journey.

Wow! Great to see so many of you! :grouphugg:

Let's do this together and we can all be skinny minnies soon :D

As I dont go to class Im using all the WW watchers info that I had from before, are fruits and vegetables (apart from potatoes, parsnips, peas and bananas) counted as no points? cos Im a bit confused.

Julie, Fruit is not 'free' but most veg is. All fruit has a points value. I'll try and find a list to post here. It's not much, but you do need to count it. You are right on the veg though - you only need to point potatoes, parsnips and peas.

Loving curly whirlys as my treat as they are only 2.5
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... nom nom nom!

Hey Gemma! Welcome!
I had my first wi last wednesday and had lost 1.5lbs. Slow start...but a start.
Well done you! I wouldn't say it was a slow start - any weight off is in the right direction, and, as they say, it's not the distance but the direction of travel that is important! You go for it :) You'll be in that dress and looking fab by next march.

My hubby is very good and supports me eatin all the diet stuff and not complaining about me draggin him walking.
Best of luck to ye all on your journeys too..and here's to many good posts about losses. My weigh in is tmrw evening..kinda dreading it but i always am lol.
My hubby is the same. I dragged him out for 2 miles today and he smiled and chatted to me the whole way. It's great that you have someone supportive.
Good Luck with the weigh-in. Here's to a loss :D

Had my 1st w-i last night at group and lost 4lbs which I was so chuffed about.
:happy096:

Yeay, girlies, we are on our way xxxx

Hey all! I'm Lauren, I'm 21 and I am a long time yoyo dieter! I just restarted on WW after having a break since xmas. I say break, I mean just doing a crappy job of dieting! Yoyo-ed bady, and I am now just under 11st, from 9st7. Well that isn't technically true, I was 9st 7 for a day and then spent most of the time at about 9st 10.

I was originally 14st 7, and started SW but didn't get on with it, so I tried WW and it was a match made in heaven! I want to lose 28lbs in all, but I would like 15lbs to be gone by summer. I'm also starting an animal management course in September and it is a pretty hands on job, so I want to be fit to be able to do the work with minimal effort.

Mostly I just want to lose weight cuz I'm fed up of feeling crap. So here's hoping I can resist bingeing like normal and get the weight shifted for good!

Hi everyone

I'm Caroline, I'm married with 2 beautiful daughters aged 10 and 3. I am technically obese but have managed to get within a gnats breadth of being a normal weight a few times through LL and CD etc. I gained the weight back recently and have found that I react to stress by eating. Its more to do with portion sizes than eating junk but I must admit the odd junk fest does occur :eek:

I have done WW before years ago and have returned to it now. I started last Thursday morning joining online so I wont know how I have done on my first week until Thursday morning.

I have felt a little hungry at times this week but not to the extent that I have felt the need to break my new eating regimen.

So girls, lets get to it and burn away those pounds. :D

Its more to do with portion sizes than eating junk but I must admit the odd junk fest does occur :eek:

This is why I couldn't get on with SW. I am far too greedy and scoff anything I put on my plate. SW didn't have enough boundaries in that sense!

Just been to the gym, did some swimming too. So many times during it I wanted to give up but then I looked down at my thighs and imagined by size 12 jeans. Don't think i've ever been a 12 on the bottom, bought a pair the other day to use as my inspiration. Hopefully I'll see the results at wi tomo morning

Hi all, I'm Claire and I'm a long time SW'er (8 years) who's joing WW on Thursday for a kick up the ass. I'm 33 and getting married in a little over 4 weeks but still with 5.5 stone to lose. :(
I resorted to hypnotherapy last night to get me back on track!
Claire xx

Hey ladies. Im not a newbie but thought I just thought I'd pop in and say hello *waves* Good luck all of you and let us all know how you get on :) xx

Hi again all,

Well, I joined my local group last night with much anx about WI- but you know it feels like a weight has been lifted from my head and I'm so pleased to have joined what feels (so far) like a fun and friendly group of peeps.

It was a man running the group! Dunno why that suprised me but it did- and lots of people there had lost a shed load of weight on the plan- I think its gonna be good.

So heres me- Day 1 - motivated - 25 points - loads to read and learn- sorted out Bfast and Lunch and snacks- no idea yet what to have for dinner but saving 10 points for this + any evening snacks.

Hope you are all feeling as motivated as me today!

Good luck everyone. x

Hi everyone, I'm Sara i'm 21 and have a gorgoeus daughter called ela who is 5 months old.

I went to my first WW meeting last tuesday, and had my first weigh in last night and i lost 7.5 pounds so i was very pleased and got my first silver seven (i felt like a little kid when they stuck the silver sticker on my weigh in card lol)

i'm really hoping this diet will help me lose weight as i'm the biggest i have ever been but have never really dieted before, so we shall see.
It seems to be working so far.

Congrats on all your losses ladies xx and losses to come of course xx

xxxxxx

Hey all!

Welcome to our little group Claire, Lauren and Caroline

:welcome:

Good Luck to all those weighing-in today - make sure you let us know how you get on!

Just been to the gym, did some swimming too. So many times during it I wanted to give up but then I looked down at my thighs and imagined by size 12 jeans. Don't think i've ever been a 12 on the bottom, bought a pair the other day to use as my inspiration. Hopefully I'll see the results at wi tomo morning
Hey! This is awesome :D I am getting to love the gym now which is weird for a chubby like me. I do enjoy seeing the progress I'm making. Also, nothing like watching my wobbly bits i all those mirrors to inspire me to keep going!

I'm 33 and getting married in a little over 4 weeks but still with 5.5 stone to lose.
Hey - getting married! that's so exciting! How is the planning going. I remember those last few weeks being full of stressful little details. I had to go on medication in the last four weeks before my wedding and gained 10 pounds! Gutted, my dressmaker (luckily) could sort it out! DO you have a photo of your dress? I love wedding plans!

Hey ladies. Im not a newbie but thought I just thought I'd pop in and say hello *waves* Good luck all of you and let us all know how you get on xx
Thanks riottgrrrl! Feel free to stick around - we could probably do with having someone on here who understands the diet to answer al our little questions and inspire us!

Well, I joined my local group last night with much anx about WI- but you know it feels like a weight has been lifted from my head and I'm so pleased to have joined what feels (so far) like a fun and friendly group of peeps.

Yeay! Go Jen!

So heres me- Day 1 - motivated - 25 points - loads to read and learn- sorted out Bfast and Lunch and snacks- no idea yet what to have for dinner but saving 10 points for this + any evening snacks.

You sound so organised! Have a great first day!

We can do this! Good Luck everyone and keep us all updated. I have my weigh-in tomorrow so I'm trying to be extra good today! I'm off out for my 3 mile walk today so if I don't end up in hospital (!) I'll be back later to check out how you are all doing!

Kate x

Morning all, just had my weigh in (doing it myself at home) and Im down 5 lbs. Heres to next week. Good luck everyone who has wi today

Back