Newbie May Starters Unite! :D

Hey all!
I'm Karen, mum to 4. I live in Somerset.
I've dieted all my life, first club at 13. Have tried most of them and have come back to WW, I only stopped because I got into a rut and as already said SW just didn't do it for me. Big appitite and free pasta/rice/potatoes well you can imagine lol!
Feeling really good, I've been having some hypnotherapy/councelling sessions and I find I'm no longer comfort eating.
I'm going 'cold turkey' on diet coke, crisps and chocolate. I think even a small taste will just make me want more!
Got a family BBQ tomorrow so that will be the next test - have just done a kids party where I resisted EVERYTHING! Go me!!
Look forward to losing with you all!

It really is baffling, but there is a lot of evidence that switching it up keeps the metabolism running like clockwork. It doesn't mean you have to eat every point everyday if you don't want it, but things like saving up points for a treat at the end of the week, or alternating your days where you use up all points one day, but save a few the next and so on and so forth. The other evidence is in how popular and successful WW is. I know myself having been nearly 15st that it works, so long as you have the mindset to keep working towards goal.

And you are right- We'll be skinny minnies in no time!

Isn't this how the Wendie Plan on WW works? I shall see f I can find the link.

Here it is:

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy4/ahealthylifestyle/WendiePlan.html

Some people on the WW online forum are doing this. I have no idea if it actually makes a difference but some like it.

I hadn't heard of that, but I think it really makes sense!

I got through my first Saturday in months without bingeing wooo! Ok, technically I binged, but it was on vegetables and not crap. It was a struggle to get in from my work shift at 6, having not eaten since 12, and then have to wait til gone half 6 for it to be ready. I usually have toast when I get in then it all goes downhill from there. Anyway, I had only eaten 10 points after dinner, so I had a yogurt, jam on toast and a cereal bar and an Options chocolate to boost my points. Wasn't particularly feeling it but I didn't want to go to bed without a decent amount of points.

Anyway, so eating dinner a bit later has got me through the evening, cuz I ate all the vegetables and I was pretty full but before I knew it it was 9! I have to say though, I haven't had nearly enough water today. Had a headache all through my shift and at home cuz I can't drink enough of it cuz it gets me too full. :-(

So it has been a successful 6 days so far, and I'm hoping I can get through tomorrow too with some ease. Then it's the big WI!

Ooo lorny I'm excited for you! You've done so well! I've gained this week, lots of crunchy icecream which was so good it's worth the gain lol. I'm having a BBQ later, I don't care about wi tomorrow I'm going to enjoy myself guilt free today and get back on it tomorrow 100% :)

can i join in im nicky i live in liverpool im 26 and have 4 kids 7,5,1,4mths.
ive been doing calorie counting and lost 18lb in 5 weeks but its wrecking my head and i need motivational help so i joined ww and first weigh in is tomorrow.. coming from 1200 cals a day im worried ill gain as im eating so much more but ive been very honnest pointed everything and just hoping for a good loss!
looking forward to chatting as we go along well done on the losses it gives me hope!
nic x

Hi everyone,:)
can i join u all plse. Well done :clap:eek:n all your losses fantastic work
I'm brina ive done ww in the past and just cancelled slimming world to come back as i feel this will suit my life style better i start ww morro and weigh in on tuesday at 7.00 to register until then i'l use this forum and my old books to help me.I'm 33 10st 5lb wish to lose 17lb to take me to 9st 2lb this is what i was 6 years ago before the birth of my lovely daughter. I look forward to hearing from you all and following diaries and weigh ins

Welcome Chocaslim! For the past half hour I've been reading that as Chocolism!!!

Ah cripes, big day tomorrow. I feel like I have been eating way too much, but even if I am I have been stuffing myself with veg. Veg still has calories in it though and they all add up, even if they aren't pointed! I'm scareddddd. I don't want to get on the scales only to have shed a measly pound or so in my first week. I know a loss is a loss but I've really tried and not gone over my points at all.

chocolism:8855:they both suit me good luck tomorrow just remember a loss is a loss better than a gain and if it is a gain take a deep breathe and draw a line under the past week and think ahead.
we can all do this its determination. sad i know but i go online and look at cheryl cole and it makes me more determined to get slimmer. x

Hello everyone, I'm a WW returner doing it online. I'm Sarah, 35. I have always been a big girl, bizarrely the only time I have ever actually been anything resembling healthy and trim was when I was pregnant (I always thought I would use it as an excuse to eat everything in sight but I just couldn't face food most of the time). I have a little girl who is nearly two and I really want to finally shift the weight now for her, I need to keep up with her, I don't want her being the little girl with the fat mummy at school and I am also more aware of my need to be healthy for her sake these days. I need to lost around 4 stone, and being just 5 foot 1 the weight really shows on me.

I have been yoyo dieting for years, I've mostly done WW or SW and I have had my best results (2 stone a few years ago, 1 of which I have kept off ever since) with WW so here I am again.

I started using Minimims when I joined SW a few months ago and it's so supportive and friendly, I wish I'd found it years ago :)

we can all do this its determination. sad i know but i go online and look at cheryl cole and it makes me more determined to get slimmer. x

Stuff like that really doesn't work for me. I hate looking at all the beautiful celebs, how good they look and I'll always just see myself as fat and ugly.

I know that's pretty depressing talk for a motivation thread, but even when I was 9st7, which is pretty much the heavy end of the OK range, I thought I was horrible. My boyfriend says I need to start loving myself now and it'll only get better otherwise if I don't it'll get worse. I just don't know how to do it when I feel so bad about my weight.

Oh, and welcome back to WW Snozzberry! It's nice to hear you are trying to lose weight for your girl, kids can be so cruel, but it's even worse when it's innocently.

Last edited:
Hello Karen, Nicky and Brina! Welcome to the thread :)

:welcome2:

Hiya everyone else as well! :D

Isn't this how the Wendie Plan on WW works? I shall see f I can find the link.

Here it is:

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy4/ahea...endiePlan.html

Some people on the WW online forum are doing this. I have no idea if it actually makes a difference but some like it.

That's an awesome idea and the science behind it seems right. I'm just a bit scared of trying it in case it messes up! I really want a bigger loss this week. Maybe I'll give it a go when I'm further down the line. Thanks for the tip!

Welcome Chocaslim! For the past half hour I've been reading that as Chocolism!!!

Ha Ha - me too! Chocoholism would be such a good user name! Wish I'd thought of it! :8855:

So, I'm losing track of the weigh days! I wanted to keep track so I could ask you all how you've done and stuff, but my brain is too small to hold it all in!

Maybe we should do a monthly total at the end of May and see how we've done?

Anyway, well done, good luck and hang on out this thread for support. I reckon it's good that we're all in it together.

:grouphugg:

Love and hugs and good vibes,

Kate x

p.s. It's my wedding anniversary today and we just went out for lunch whilst the little one was at school (no babysitter). The menu looked amazing, but I ordered a grilled chicken salad with no dressing, which wasn't even on the menu. They were so lovely and just made it up for me.

I'm feeling quite proud of myself for my choice!

However, I'm gutted I'm not down to my wedding weight - that was a kind of mini goal I'd set myself :( Nevermind - I'm 54 pounds lighter than I was at Christmas so it can't be all bad and my lovely hubby said he is super proud of me but it doesn't matter how big or small I am he loves me more each day. Awwwww :D

p.s. It's my wedding anniversary today and we just went out for lunch whilst the little one was at school (no babysitter). The menu looked amazing, but I ordered a grilled chicken salad with no dressing, which wasn't even on the menu. They were so lovely and just made it up for me.

I'm feeling quite proud of myself for my choice!

However, I'm gutted I'm not down to my wedding weight - that was a kind of mini goal I'd set myself :( Nevermind - I'm 54 pounds lighter than I was at Christmas so it can't be all bad and my lovely hubby said he is super proud of me but it doesn't matter how big or small I am he loves me more each day. Awwwww :D

congrats xxx well done you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hello all new people sorry i havent said hello earlier but minirog hid you away in here all to herself lol ,good luck on all your future losses i look forward to reading them xxxxxx :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi everyone, can i join you all,
I have joined WW online 3 weeks ago,
My start weight was 16st
I now weigh 15st 8lbs
I lost 2lbs, then 3lbs, then 1lbs
my weigh day is on mondays.
I hope with everyone doing so well, it will encourage me to keep on track.

Happy Anniversary Minirog

Can I join in too pretty please? :)
I'm 50+ (eeek) have a supportive hubby, 3 beautiful daughters, 7 grandsons and 1 grandaughter... and I'm sick of being fat!
It's my 2nd WI tomorrow morning and I'm not looking forward to it :(

I lost 5lbs the first week and nearly fell off the scales lol

Take Care

Hi everyone, can i join you all,
I have joined WW online 3 weeks ago,
My start weight was 16st
I now weigh 15st 8lbs
I lost 2lbs, then 3lbs, then 1lbs
my weigh day is on mondays.
I hope with everyone doing so well, it will encourage me to keep on track.

Happy Anniversary Minirog

Thank you and welcome to our little thread! Sounds like you are doing well so far, awesome job :)

Good Luck with today's weigh-in x

Can I join in too pretty please?
I'm 50+ (eeek) have a supportive hubby, 3 beautiful daughters, 7 grandsons and 1 grandaughter... and I'm sick of being fat!
It's my 2nd WI tomorrow morning and I'm not looking forward to it

I lost 5lbs the first week and nearly fell off the scales lol

Hey you! Well done on your first week and well done for the 3lbs today! You are doing brilliantly! Yeay :D Sounds like you have your handsful with your lovely big family, I bet that helps burn off some calories!

well just had my W.I and i've lost 2.5

so i've dropped a point too#

how is everyone today xxx

Woo Hoo! Everyone is doing so well today :D

Congratulations x

Well, my day is a bit pants today as I had NO sleep last night and then slept for most of the day. Rubbish. I haven't even been to the gym. Nevermind. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Love to you all x

Take Care

Back