Newbie questions

new_me

Finally attended my first WW meeting yesterday, as I was in the middle of exams before so wasn't able to, but so excited that I am finally able to start! Also looking forward to being able to use the forum more for motivation and support!

But I just had a few questions to ask as I was reading the folder that I was given at the meeting:

1. What is the difference between a treat and a snack? Do they both come out of your points allowance?

2. What do you do if by mistake you go over your points allowance?

3. If you go to a restaurant not listed in the eating out guide, do you just guestimate points?

4. If I can manage on less than my points allowance, is that OK? Or should I eat up to my points allowance every day?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

Finally attended my first WW meeting yesterday, as I was in the middle of exams before so wasn't able to, but so excited that I am finally able to start! Also looking forward to being able to use the forum more for motivation and support!

But I just had a few questions to ask as I was reading the folder that I was given at the meeting:

1. What is the difference between a treat and a snack? Do they both come out of your points allowance?

2. What do you do if by mistake you go over your points allowance?

3. If you go to a restaurant not listed in the eating out guide, do you just guestimate points?

4. If I can manage on less than my points allowance, is that OK? Or should I eat up to my points allowance every day?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

hiya

heres my answers to your questions :) if they are wrong im sure someone will correct me

Q1. A treat is something you wouldnt have everyday like a chinese etc and a treat is something like chocolate or crisps and everything you eat that has points comes out of you allowance.

Q2. if you go over your points you could try and limit the damage by eating less points until next weigh in or you can ignore it and move on and eat all your points until weigh in, either way do not let it derail you in anyway :)

Q3. if another restaurant in the list serves a similar dish i would use that as a guideline,as most cuisines are in that book.

Q4: try and eat all your points, i think 14is the minimum for the day, however 18 is best for minimum

hope this helps

x

Hi there newme. Lucysmommy is right - in terms of eating all your points, you should not go below four under i.e. I am on 23 points a day so should not go below 19, even if making up for a "blow out".

Good luck with your WW journey x

Back