Newbie/Started 6/6/11

I take the xen even if I'm being naughty - I had Indian a few weeks back and took and nothing horrendous happened - but the next day there was oil down the loo! But I've eaten much much worse things - such as eggs (yes ingot a worse reaction from eggs than Indian lol!) xxx

I think i'll take the advice and not take it. Definately don't want a repeat episode of the other day!!!!!

Mandy

Thing is hun, the Xenical is in your system so whether you take it or not, it still cause could cause a reaction... I always take my Xenical, even if I'm being naughty :)

Mizkirsty said:
Indian a few weeks back and took and nothing horrendous happened

What did you have? I love Indian food so have been trying to work out what would be least bad from the menu!

Well been thinking about this.............most of the indian dishes i like are quite oily so going to have mega low fat foods all day then choose wisely at the indian.............thought chicken tikka starter (chunks of marinated chicken with salad) and choose a balti (meat with onions, tomatoes and peppers) but have plain rice

Mandy

Yeah just rem the hotter the curry the less cream etc!! I had a vindaloo! With just boiled rice - I did have some nann too!

And I had no horrendous effects!! Enjoy your curry :) (mine was rather yummy - hadn't had an Indian in years!!! )

Xx

Last night i let myself down (posted on my diary page)
Today i picked myself up and dusted myself down and got back on track. Been really good, stayed within my ww points with some to spare. The moral of the story is ........if you have a slip up, forget it and get back on track asap!!!!

Mandy

so true hun, we cant let these things get us down as its something were always going to have to battle. So we will all slip up from time to time, but we have to think real about this, were not going to go the rest of our lives and not eat rubbish, so we just have to learn to enjoy it and then get back to it

Went out for my indian meal last night and was quite good really. Just cutting back throughout the week to compensate. Had a lovely evening and can't wait for the next one in about a months time.

Mandy

I'm glad you enjoyed it. What did you decide to eat in the end? And more importantly hope there are no more visits from Mr Tango!

No tango moments, thank goodness.

For a starter i tandoori chicken then lamb jalfrezi and mushroom rice. I finished it off with coffee and cream. Very daring the cream bit lol!!!

Mandy

That's great news that you were ok, I hope the cream in the coffee was good. Did you take your tablet? I'd been busy planning to have a biryani tonight but now we're going to a pub I don't know what to have.

I did chicken out on taking it but took it in the morning as usual.
My tummy has been a bit windy and bloated but still no tango effect.

Mandy

Do you think the bloating is because you drank less water? I noticed bloating on Thursday when I'd deliberately drunk less as I was going to 4 different clients throughout the day and to keep needing the loo was more than I could cope with.

You bloat when you haven't drunk enough water, it's a myth drinking too much causes the bloating. The bloating is because your body is holding onto to it, because it's not getting any. Also having a salty diet makes you bloat, puffs the skin and effects your metabolism.

You bloat when you haven't drunk enough water, it's a myth drinking too much causes the bloating. The bloating is because your body is holding onto to it, because it's not getting any. Also having a salty diet makes you bloat, puffs the skin and effects your metabolism.

I agree Bunny and for years have drunk 1.5 litres/day at work plus what I had at home but there are the odd days like last week where I consciously drink less as going to the loo isn't going to be easy.

I wondered if Mandy might have changed her drinking pattern knowing she'd be going out and that combined with the Indian food had contributed to her feeling bloated - rather than the food alone.

With it being weigh day at ww and the meal out, i did drink less because i was scared of excess fluid making me heavier. Does that make sense?
I had 2 glasses of diet coke and a coffee at the indian so the whole day i only had a max of 2 litres.
Have suffered a little in the loo department though but it is totm and sometimes doesn't help the situation.

Mandy

Back