Newbie Starting tomorrow

The tetras are readymade shakes in a box with a straw. There are just three (chocolate, banana, strawberry).
I only drink tetras, as I don't like the shakes if there is even the tiniest bit of powder! (sorry super fussy)
If you are struggling its probably worth a try. Though you do have to up your water intake a little bit with them.
If you ask me banana is best! They taste like yahoo milkshakes - not sure if you like those?

Hi @JanelleKay --

Does your CDC charge more for the Tetras?

MM

Keep going - it may take a few shakes for you to find one that suits you and you will probably then only vary once or twice after that. As others have said:
Use a blender to make sure that they are mixed as well as they can be
Blend with ice to make a thicker consistency
Make up half of the powder at a time so you get 6 half sized shakes during the day, rather than 3 bigger ones if they are harder to get down
Contact your counsellor if you have unopened sachets you don't like and want to swap - I think most of them are happy to swap if the sachets are returned in the same condition as they left.
Above all - DON'T GIVE UP!! The first 2 weeks are the hardest as you can't have mousses or bars - I loved the choc mousse and bars and was sad when I finished SS as I really missed them (!). It's better when you can have more variety but until then, you've got to tough it out.
The first time really is the 'Golden shot' - make the most of it.
Good luck

thanks for the advice, i def have no plans to give up as you say i just need to find the right shake for me and once i've done that i will prob be ok.

my CDC did show me the ready mades but didnt realise they were called tetras... now i know! lol

am def going to swap my summer fruits one for a different flavour, i only got summer fruits, strawberry and choc for my first week and then a couple of the soups to try, she said it was fine to swap them if i didnt like them so i may be taking an extra trip to see her on monday to get them changed, am eager to try the choc mint as it seems a lot of people like that one.

Woooohoo Day 1 down! Here's to day 2 tomorrow thank god it's Sunday get to have a lie in so not as long a day as today has been lol

Possible Ketosis

Is it normal to have a weird taste in your mouth and dry lips on day 1?

Hi Chelly,

If you were cutting out carbs before starting -- then it is possible you are in ketosis. Tesco sells ketostix in the pharmacy area -- you can test your urine to see if you are.

MM

I have a couple of sticks that my CDC gave me but didn't expect to be in ketosis that soon so haven't tested as yet, will give one a try and see, I only ever used to eat an evening meal before starting CD and very rarely ate before 2pm anyway so my carb intake was never huge.

Hi Chelly?

Are you in Ketosis? If not, it my be dehydration -- are you drinking enough water?

MM

Hi

No not in ketosis yet :( I am really struggling to drink all this water tho yesterday I managed just to drink 2L plus what was in the coffee I had and extra in my shakes, but today I'm not even half way through my 2L bottle

Hey Hun, welcome to the forum and well done for making it through the first day. Drinking the water can be tough but you do get used to it. When you get the chance ask your CDC about water flavouring as it can make a world of difference. Stay strong it does get easier xx

I can't wait to have water flavourings but they are week 3 so got a while until I get that lol
My CDC has told me I need to drink my water and cant stress enough how important it is but urgh water lol

Starting to feel hungry again now but then it's tea time, hubby is cooking sausages and thy smell soo nice so I'm off to have me a soup
Finding it easier if I have the soup at evening meal time as it's like I'm still eating with the family in a way

Am going to see my consultant tomorrow to pick up some more soups, can they only sell the shakes etc So that you have enough for 1 week or can you buy more than a weeks worth at a time?

I also REALLY struggle with water. Before I started cd in a normal day I use to drink one coffee and one can of fizzy.

I know everyone has said how important the water is. But I honestly cannot say this enough. I have completed ss before, but did not manage the water. I was 100% for three weeks, and in the 2nd two weeks I put on weight. Please don't let this happen to you!
My cdc explained that once you are in ketosis, the ketones that are in your body, are viewed as toxic. So if you don't drink the water, your body tries to protect itself, and will retain the calories as a defence.
My advice would be - decant your water into small achievable chunks.
I have 2 x 2litre bottles in the fridge which I know I have to drink each day. Throughout the day I use the big bottles to fill up a 500ml bottle. I also have a tick chart, so I can see how many of my 8 bottles I have drunk.
Using the smaller bottles helps to keep the water cold (as the rest is in the fridge) which makes it much easier to drink. Also, I set myself mini targets. When I'm hungry, I can't go get my next shake until I've finished my current bottle. I also do the same with going to toilet (as I currently go about 100 times a day!)
I'm only on day 4, but have managed 4litres each day. Also if you aim for 4, you are more likely to hit the 2.5 you are aiming for. If you aim for the minimum you are less likely to succeed.

Congrats on what you have achieved so far!

Ty for the advice, wow 4L well done that's an achievement in itself

I think I will do better once I have the flavouring I've never been a big drinker either so this for me is worse than the hunger feelings

Just a though and will prob be a no but can we have flavoured water that you buy from the shop?

The key is that most of the sugar free drinks from the shops have citric acid in them -- and that can kick you out of ketosis.

MM

Thought as much lol, am just having my last shake of the evening a hot choc shake and i managed to get down my 2L of water so thats day 2 over and done with :)

Oh probably creeeping into ketosis. You can take paracetemol for it.

MM

Back