Newbie starting tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Exante - Total Solution 100%' started by bec2804, 13 April 2014.

1. bec2804

bec2804 New Member

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello.... My shakes arrived Friday so I've just had my last weekend of freedom before I start tomorrow, eeeek! Want to lose 2-3 stone, I'll see how I feel as I go along. I haven't told anyone I'm doing this as I have found a few people can be negative about vlcds so this will be my only sounding board haha... Love reading all the success stories x
  2. I'm starting today too and havent told anyone, alot of people in my office have a massive issue with VLCDS. Hoping for a big first week! Good luck x
  3. bec2804

bec2804 New Member

Good luck to you too!!! I'll keep an eye out for how you're getting on xx
  4. Rosey38

Rosey38 Well-Known Member

Hope it goes well for you both, I'm just over a week in. I've just told a few close friends and family in last few days who have been really supportive. I work with lots of opinionated people so not up for all the earache at this stage!
  5. susysu

susysu Well-Known Member

hi, welcome :)
  6. sylar1986

sylar1986 Well-Known Member

How are you finding it so far? i'm just over a week in now myself, had a headache around day 3 when going into ketosis but feel fine now :), good luck on your first week! :)
  7. TAUPE

TAUPE Well-Known Member

Good luck on your journeys. Don't worry about the negative comments from others about VLCDs. It is your journey not theirs. It is your body and you are doing it for the right reasons. People have an opinion about everything. I am in week 8 and just take it day by day.
  8. Made it through day 1 #BabySteps
  9. Calabria

Calabria Well-Known Member

Well done! One day at a time is how I'm going to look at it, although as I'm on day one - one hour at a time currently!

The women in my office are really outspoken about VLCD's, especially since they've decided that it must have been a VLCD that killed Peaches Geldof *rolls eyes*, I didn't realise I worked with pathologists! ;)
  10. Denisesuzanne

Denisesuzanne Well-Known Member

Good luck to you all its funny that nobody bats an eyelid at us when we are eating crap
  11. 00makaylaye

00makaylaye New Member

Hi guys! My first day on exante, I'm planning to lose this weight once and for all! Need to lose 3-4 stone.taking a day at a time : )
  12. mrs-m

mrs-m Member

Ain't that the truth! There are certain people that I'm just not prepared to tell that I'm doing this type of diet, as I just know they will have a negative opinion that they REALLY FEEL THE NEED TO SHARE WITH ME!!!!
  13. mrs-m

mrs-m Member

Sorry, also meant to say best of luck becs2804, hope it's going well for you.
  14. hows evweryone getting on now? I'm really struggling with the food I cant stomach any of it, the only things I can force myself to have is the bars & shakes so I'm going to stick to just them
  15. Calabria

Calabria Well-Known Member

That's so true! When I sit in the office eating chocolate all day nobody says anything, maybe it's because they expect it from me because I'm fat? Still, I've just told people at work that I'm drinking protein shakes, thankfully they're quite popular with people in my office.
  16. Rayven1979

Rayven1979 Active Member

How's your first week going? Hope you're managing to stick with it without too much trauma. And don't worry about other peoples opinions, everyone seems to have an opinion but yours is the only one that really counts. xx
  17. bec2804

bec2804 New Member

Right well had a major setback to my starting day, which included my sister's 30th and son's 3rd birthday.... I'm not sure why I chose Monday to start! SO I'm now on day 2 and er, staaarving!!!!! Yesterday was ok actually, maybe the novelty got me through, but god today I could eat one of my children. I'm just sort of wandering round the house in a daze. And everyone around me is helpfully talking about Easter eggs and roast lamb etc. Gaaaaaaaa xxx well done to you guys who have got through this!! Xx
  18. Lara1986

Lara1986 Well-Known Member

I just started yesterday. I don't want to tell people at work because it just don't like people to know I'm trying to lose weight. But it means I will have to have a salad for lunch (lettuce, cucumber, anchovies, egg and maybe a few tomatoes only) the days I am in work (3 days a week). I would just have protein shakes but I know people will ask why I'm not eating anything!

I can't think of any other way around it?!
  19. Denisesuzanne

Denisesuzanne Well-Known Member

I take a soup pack but I also take chopped mushrooms spring onions and asparagus and add to the soup as croutons so nobody questions oh and it is yummy lol
  20. Lara1986

Lara1986 Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea. And that does sound lovely I might have that combo tonight actually!!

I think my work people would still question it as they would pop to tesco whilst I'd pull out the exante pack!! I managed to say once that I was having shakes to up my protein and then I wasn't hungry at lunch but it just meant explaining that to so many different people that I stopped!!