Total Solution Newbie - The "I've got a bit chubby and I don't like it" diary

All, firstly hello, bonjour and welcome to my honest diary. After talking to a friend at the weekend I looked up the Exante diet and ordered a 4 week pack. I am just waiting for the arrival of said package but I'm anxious already . I've decided that I'm going in for the full hog. Strange since I know very little about this I'm going to be keeping my learning head on (I love to learn to keep me motivated).

So a little about me - I get married at Christmas. I lost 2 tone about 4 years ao and its gone back on over the last 6 months - blame 18 hr overnight shifts and sitting at a desk for almost that entire time. I had a lovely waist and flat tummy - today I barely recognised myself in the mirror. So I've got 2 stone to work off... And although I was nearing logging back to weight watchers I think I need something more to push me into the zone - WW just changed their programmes too often and I lost a sense of "I know this".... Which I guess is how they keep people going.

My biggest problem is my job. I stay in hotels twice a week, often more and eat out. I have a 8 week period now whereby I'm on my own so it seems ideal to take this time to try Exante - and use the gym all of 2 floors above my room. I've had my order sent to the hotel so no getting away with this.

Right... I'll be back.... Off to read your lovely diaries over my last cup of earl grey.

P.S. sorry all I haven't a clue how to use this site.

Hiya Kate!

Welcome to the forum!!

Good luck with starting exante! You sound very motivated! I could never really get into weight watchers myself.. And I notice the have been advertising a new programme as well! Lol 8 weeks in a hotel...? I'm undecided whether I like the thought of that or not!! Lol is it a nice fancy hotel??

Exante is brilliant for getting the weight off - and although it is a struggle the hardest bit definitely maintaining! This I'd my 3rd time doing TFR and looking back now I know where I went wrong and what triggered the going wrong or why it went wrong for maintenance previously! It's about identifying that and fixing it, which is easier said than done but we are all here to support each other on similar journeys!

Thank you... I'm going to need it. I think as soon as I start showing loss on my tummy - it's usually so flat that will be my inspiration - oh yeah and I need to get int a tiny size 8 wedding dress. Thanks and look forward to reading everyone's posts

Welcome Kate and good luck.

Welcome Kate, all the best!!!

Hi Kate

May I ask, why did you choose Exante?

Hi Paul, wouldn't mind hearing why people chose Exante too, just out of curiosity. I only chose it because a certain offer website (begins with group and ends with on!) had an unbelievable offer of 75 pounds for 4 weeks supply. But I am glad I did it because I like all the food packs and that makes it soooo much easier.

Since we're sharing reasons why we chose Exante... I didn't want to have to talk to a consultant or attend group sessions or anything tedious like that. Beyond that, I chose Exante because their website was the only one of the main VLCD websites that both looked professional and provided all the nutritional information and ingredient details of the products that I wanted to see, and because I prefer Exante's policies of no aspartame, no GM, no MSG, no meat products of dubious origin etc.

Hi Kate

May I ask, why did you choose Exante?

Hi Paul, yes I chose it as a friend recommended it. I was a guru of weight watchers but they changed the plan too often and I got bored relearning it so often. I kept the weight off for 5 yrs and I have a weird London job where I sit at a desk - so over a year I've piled on a stone :(

Since we're sharing reasons why we chose Exante... I didn't want to have to talk to a consultant or attend group sessions or anything tedious like that. Beyond that, I chose Exante because their website was the only one of the main VLCD websites that both looked professional and provided all the nutritional information and ingredient details of the products that I wanted to see, and because I prefer Exante's policies of no aspartame, no GM, no MSG, no meat products of dubious origin etc.

I agree. I once went to WW when I'd gained about 8 lbs (may not seem much but I knew I wasn't right) and was told I was too thin. I was really embarrassed.

Day 2
Right I'm not sure I understand how this forum works, I couldn't find my post for a day or so - and yep I work in IT!

Anyway, I'm on Day 2, quite enjoyed a strawberry shake, then half a bar for lunch (hmmm not convinced) then an early pre gym soup and post gym half a bar. Feeling hungry now though... Peppermint tea time :)

...oh headache of yesterday has gone :)

I did not know all that! But it makes me extra pleased to hear it :)

Day 4 - I have to admit to cheating slightly, through boredom rather than hunger though - I had a 65 calorie Alice of cheese and a slice of mushroom. Not the. End of the world but just wanted something while everyone dug into the cake of made for my mums bday. Oh well...

I've also been reading up on ketosis. I think I could happily do the working solution so I'm thinking it might be a good answer for me. Well see how the weekend goes as to whether I do or not.

Finding what works for you is key to success sweetie. I have to have a couple of slices of lean ham mid-afternoon to keep my energy levels up. But it's how I cope and for that I'm happy on this diet :)

Back