Newbie to Juddd Oldie to Diets :) Alottolose's Diary

yes it did say that on mums form .I may think about that ,you are still awake but can hear everything but it says you still may remember what happened ,its only supposed to be five mins so will see how I feel at the time x

So far today

7 Oatcakes + 109g Reduced Fat Houmous (post workout)
2 weetabix + skimmed milk + banana (breakfast)

Lunch - 1/2 slice toast + 2 boiled eggs
1/2 slice toast +15g sugar free peanut butter

Snack - 2 slices of apple & sultana fruit loaf thin spread with butter

Dinner - Stew + sweet potato

Dessert - 2 weightwatchers belgian chocolate eclairs

total for the day 2003 cals (17 under! d'oh :)) x

Last edited:
yummy day well done ,stew and sweet potato mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

considering giving the sweet potato the elbow - quite high cal for a veg :) (128 cals per 100g) then I can waste my cals on something bad for me :D x

alottolose said:
considering giving the sweet potato the elbow - quite high cal for a veg :) (128 cals per 100g) then I can waste my cals on something bad for me :D x
I like your thinking, chick! Haha. I know I should really be making healthier choices to use my calories on my UDs, but I figure it's the one day I CAN be naughty if I want to. And that's what helps me feel like I'm not really on a diet! I say go for it! Haha

alottolose said:

Very good plan, me darlin'! ;)

P x

Lunch - 1/2 slice toast + 2 boiled eggs
1/2 slice toast +15g sugar free peanut butter

Snack - 2 slices of apple & sultana fruit loaf thin spread with butter

Dinner - Stew + sweet potato

Dessert - 2 weightwatchers belgian chocolate eclairs

total for the day 2003 cals (17 under! d'oh :)) x

ok so the stew became a ww curry and the eclairs became several chocolate based items, I estimate around 4000 calories :eek:

today the scales kicked my ass for it, dd today total 231 and i am shattered after a day at work and fasting on a severe sugar hangover...not expecting a loss for weigh in tomorrow - quite the opposite :) ho hum nm

night all x

Draw a line and don't let it get to you. These things happen. Hope it's not as bad as you expect today x

I've come to the conclusion up days have to be counted days and cannot be restriction-free (at least not for me) weigh in was +1.4lb which I can't afford to happen as I really want to get to goal weight for mid november so every step backwards is a step away from goal :(

Feeling quite sorry for myself and a bit lost today, seems like on Juddd I feel good during/after a DD but also ravenous and I'm eating too much on my UD's - I don't know how to reel that in.

On the diet site I use it reckons I should be eating no more than 1500 cals per day to still lose weight - the site is based around calorie counting so I can understand that but if I add the JUDDD element I reckon I should be sticking to no more than 2500 calories on up day - no idea how to do that and not feel deprived - this is a major headache for me :eek::(

anyway sorry not to post more positive news xx

Sun (after UD) 144.8lb Official weigh in
Mon (after DD1) 144.8lb
Tue (after DD2) 145.2lb
Wed (after UD) 145.2lb
Thur (after DD1)144.4lb
Fri (after DD2)144.4lb
Sat (after UUAD) 148.6lb
Sun (after DD) 146.2lb

the diet works :) it's me that's the problem :eek: x

I don't think EVERY UD has to be limited. Like, I think one really UP day at the weekend, but keep the others below 2500ish might help you not feel so restricted. Maybe try alternate days too? I've no idea if they're better/ worse than DDDs since I haven't been doing it long enough to know. But I've read mixed thoughts about it and figure that everyone's different and everyone's body works in different ways. So it might be worth trying, if you haven't already.

I've been doing 500 / 2500 alternate days, and find that, other than the blow out on Friday, I've managed to stick to my 2500 during the week and not feel deprived. Check out my fitpal diary (msrsimpkin's profile at MyFitnessPal) incase you need ideas. Also, how about swapping some of your regular food for "light" alternatives, like cheese, butter, puffy crisps instead of fried, etc. to save a few calories during the day, that you can later use on yummy treats! Or adding more veg to your meals to help bulk it up while only using minimal calories. For example, I add loads of carrots, peas, celery, mushrooms, peppers and onions to my spaghetti bolognese, which I also use in my lasagne, with reduced fat cheese. Also, when I have steak, pork loins, pan-friend chicken, etc. I like to make a sauce out of the juices and add veg to it, like mushrooms and onions, to add more bulk to the meal. I also add a side salad to most meals, so it looks like more on the plate (and it looks pretty), but holds very little calorific value.

Sorry if this is all just obvious and I've just rambled my way through two paragraphs of useless nonsense! Haha

Poor you chuck - gains are the worst, fret not, we've all been there. I don't know what to suggest really - I do 500c DDs and 1500c (or as close as poss) UDs so I do feel your pain. I'm not sure what I am supposed to have though, I just heard it was supposed to be a 1000 calorie swing so thought I was doing it right! I don't know what helps for you but for me: sugar free jelly, plenty of veg with meals, one treat on an UD (eat normally the rest of the day), lots of veggie food (I'm a quorn freak because it's so low in fat). But they might not be the things that work for you. Draw a line and then trial a week of restricted UDs and see how it works?

Back