Newbie to Xenical :)

Goodmorning Jessica, I don't think your eating enough....have you worked out the calorie intake of you food....
With what you have listed for today's meals there isn't 1200 calories there....
I eat between 1200 and 1800 cals a day, you have to eat a certain amount otherwise you end up with a camel affect

Good luck :)

Morning Jessica. I really do have to agree with booboo, your not eating enough. Your body will go into starvation mode and you wont lose weigh at all you could even put some on!! Do try and increase your food, bulk it up abit. It can still be healthy but you definitely need more there!!

hey guys :)

thanks for the comments :)

don't worry I am eating enough - I follow WW and I eat my daily points which right now is 39 daily points along with 49 weekly points.

it may not sound like a lot but I am SOOOO stuffed when I finish eating for the day.

but any suggestions are helpful :)

just did a BMR count and according to get I need to consume 1000 calories a day in order to lose the weight - so I am def. eating that amount of calories - no worries there!

I visited my doctor yesterday to talk to him about other issues I am having with my migraines and he has said to up the xenical to for times a day instead of 3 - but from what I have read taking more then 3 a day doesn't have any extra effect....so should I listen to him?

I heard taking more than the 3 isnt beneficial and it doesnt do anymore than taking just 3 of them. its upto you though hun, but i wouldnt!! Jessica how tall are you? and can i ask how much you weigh, because 1000 calories really doesnt seem much at all!! But you say your going by ww anyway and your coming in on target with that!! So you cant be doing too much wrong!! I hope your not offended by my comments in anyway :bolt:

Taking more than 3 tablets isn't beneficial I agree with Rach there !!
Try having fruit in-between meals .....do you take a multivitamin on a night ???
1000 calories isn't a lot at all...I am 5ft 3.....and 239lb's and i'm told to eat 1800 calories ....
Go on alli.co.uk join the programme and put your height weight details in and it will tell you how many calories ....the reason I say the alli site is that its Orlistat also !!

The only time I eat my fruit is in-between meals to bulk my calories out ......but not as a main meal....at lunch time have a sandwich with a cup soup or ......

Here to support you Jessica :)

what exercise are you doing Jessica ??

The only reason I ask is you don't want to build muscle before getting rid of fat......remember muscle weighs more than fat !!

How much weight have you got to lose hun ?? sometimes you slow down as you approach your goal :)

hi there - for exercise I do 30 mins on the bike 5-6 days a week....so i've been told that as its cardio and not weight training that I shouldn't build up MM to fast

i still have 43 pounds to go before my goal for July 9th! and then an additional 60 pounds after my wedding

I will have only started xenical 2 weeks tomorrow - and had been doing exercise 3 weeks before that on my own along side the weight watchers! - so it shouldn't start to slow down yet should it ? - as really I have only just started

hope all is well with you

Cardiovascular work will rob you of muscle gains. Yes if your goal is to lose fat you should do cardio but make sure it is:
(a) Performed immediately after your weight training
(b) ‘High Intensity Interval Training’ form of cardio for a maximum of 20 minutes.
The reason that too much cardio isn’t desirable when your goal is to build muscle is that too much cardio releases catabolic hormones in the body, breaking down your muscle tissue; obviously this is counter-productive.

All fine here Jessica thankyou,
I am sure if you get your calories and workout right you will burn the fat...it takes 3,500 calories to burn a 1LB of fat....also don't concentrate on losing weight relax and look ahead to your wedding....if you think too much about it and worry it is proven to stop you losing weight....I know its hard but we are here for you :)

I'm off to look at treadmills after I have fed the horses lol....just finished a 58 minute aerobic workout (Biggest Loser) phew am knacked.....my partner just said.."we need to go out, how long until your face isn't that red " lol

:) xx

not at all offended :) is there a way I can PM you the answers to your questions

Yes click on my and i am sure it says there somewhere about sending a private message!! Glad i didnt offend you, i wouldnt like to think i had :)

hey all :)

Just got back from our annual sports day celebrations at my school :) - went really well and I managed to get the silver metal in the teachers race :) don't ask me how i did that when all the teachers are skinny minnys :p

anyways food wise its been a little off

cereal for breakfast
hot dog for lunch and some nuts
and don't know what i'm having for supper

measurements are in :) I have lost:
5 Inches from my Bust
5 Inches from my Upper Bust
8 Inches from my Waist
2.5 Inches from my Hips

I am somewhat pleased with that :p

Congrats on a silver medal Jessica well chuffed for you :)

hot dog.....noooooo...get back on track lol

I made Darren eat all the nuts after I saw the fat content per 100g lol

great measurement losses WELL DONE GIRLIE....:)

Back