Newbie with 4 stone to lose

I'm still here lurking in the background!! I'm eating healthily but not necessarily Atkins!!! We've got a completion date agreed on the house for 21st feb so were now eating all the food in the freezer!! Such random dinners so far!! I really can't believe this is happening! 6 months ago I was depressed about the journey we had to go on to get here but how things have turned around!! However I must not lose sight of the diet....... We're still thinking of a December wedding and I dont want to be a big bride!! Just need to keep chipping away at it! X

Woo exciting for you :) keep thinkibg of your big day and it will help with weight loss xxx

BRILL news Kimmi! you've always been focused on the stuff important to you - come on 21 Feb - so you will rock the loss game and be a gorgeous bride! :D

Crappy week diet wise! To be honest with myself I am using the moving, wedding etc to say it's ok to go back to old eating habits! It's not ok and it's not working for me. Annoyingly I have been eating healthily lots of fruit, brown rice etc but I feel so bloated and yucky!! I know that low carb works for me, I've lost 20lbs doing it that way but just now and again I slip back to old ways!! I know I have the wedding and Florida coming up but just can't get back on track!! Money is tight, everything is going into the move and even though lots of people say Atkins can be cheap I really don't ind it!! Even shopping in aldi etc isn't that cheap!! But I have to put this first!! So pulled by everything, I know that tomorrow's weigh in will show I've out on the 3lbs I lost last week!! Anyway, maybe a clean an green week will get me focused! Xx

Well three days in and have been clean and green, all is going ok but I'm cold and hungry!! Ketosis is on it's way!! Well exchange of contracts is happening tomorrow so very very excited!!! Also had confirmation today that as of 1st May I will have full time hours :) the pay will be great and all towards the wedding!! Just can't believe how life has turned around for us in 6 months!! Just this battle if the bulge to win now!! X

Wow that's great news!

i remember you saying a few months ago that things weren't going great and everything you wanted seemed so out of reach.

It's amazing how things have turned round for you in such a short time. So much for you to look forward to this year - I'm really really happy for you!

Well done on keeping it clean and green - it'll all pay off in the end x

Thanks lovely ladies, we really didn't think it was possible to buy a house but with a bit of hiding here and there and an amazing mortgage broker were nearly there!! The crazy thing is that our mortgage will be less than the rent we're paying so will actually be better off...... More pennies to go to the wedding!! And 10 weeks to Florida!!! So gotta stick with this diet now!! Had a good week, haven't been near the scales though, scared to see the damage I did last week. Going to tackle the gym this weekend and just hoping that my knee will behave and not give way!! Might just do the bike so I don't fall in the treadmill!! Anyway wishing you all a lovely weekend xx

What about a swim if your knees are bad chic. Have a lovely weekend xxx

What about a swim if your knees are bad chic. Have a lovely weekend xxx
been swimming for the past 3 weeks since I dislocated it.... Just feel I need to step it up a little now so going to try the bike before braving the treadmill!! Will probably end up swimming too!

Ah good luck and start slowly :)x

Wow ten weeks to Florida - that's come round quick. We've just booked to go back in October - can't wait!

Sounds likes everything is going so well for you x

Awww that will come good in time - you've done really well so far and you will do again! X

Well, 6 weeks post christmas and I still cannot get back onto this diet. Money is tight with the move, far too stressed with the move, and I'm using the move for ever excuse possible. I have two good days and then three bad days. I have been good all week and then blown it this weekend. Today's diet was 2 packs of giant chocolate buttons and a pizza!! I have gone back to the old habits and I don't like it but can't seem to break it. I'm out of control but I know it...... So I'm thinking of what I can do. The move is 2 weeks away, we are going to be 2 weeks without a fridge and a freezer in the new house- how can I do this?!

So like an addict ( I really feel I am addicted to food- when times are hard it's what I reach for) I am going into rehab!!! I've just spent my last £50 on 1 months supply of Exante shakes. I've done them before, they worked but I went back to old ways. This time I will come back to Atkins- low carb works for me but I need a kick start, need to go back to basics, need to see those big numbers for a few weeks, need to get my strength and energy and lust for losing weight back!! Atkins has worked- I've lost 20lbs on it and I'm nOt going back to being 17stone 2!!

Thank you for all your love and support- will still be watching you all and keeping up with stories and weight losses!! I'll be back lovelies :) x x

Back