Newbie Wk1

DeeCorum

Hi All,
Just wanted to pop on and say hi.
This is my third attempt at SW as I have never had good personal results and have given up after 2 weeks, so hoping this time it will work. My sister in law has had such good results with the program and looks wonderful, maintaining her new weight/look for 18 months now, so she is my inspiration.
Week 1 weigh in and followed the plan religiously until the weekend where I overdid the G&T's a little, and syns went up to 22 one eve. So a 1lb loss is fair :sigh:.

If anyone has any tipple tips for the weekend :eek: that would be great.

Dee

Welcome! I drink Vodka and diet cokes on a weekend, but if I know Im going to go out drinking I dont use any syns during the day, and if I think Ive gone way over board on the drinking I dont eat syns the day after! xxx

Hi welcome to the forum. Good luck with SW this time round, we will all help you through it x

Hi All,
Just wanted to pop on and say hi.
This is my third attempt at SW as I have never had good personal results and have given up after 2 weeks, so hoping this time it will work. My sister in law has had such good results with the program and looks wonderful, maintaining her new weight/look for 18 months now, so she is my inspiration.
Week 1 weigh in and followed the plan religiously until the weekend where I overdid the G&T's a little, and syns went up to 22 one eve. So a 1lb loss is fair :sigh:.

If anyone has any tipple tips for the weekend :eek: that would be great.

Dee

Hi and welcome Dee, if you save syns for a day or 2 you wont need to worry about going over, this helps me if i know im going out for a meal/drinks!!
good luck this time round.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.
We had friends over for the eve, so I had a day of free greens, and made free nibbles for myself of lasagne crisps, carrot and celery sticks, and a chilli dip from cottage cheese, chilli and garlic (and a touch of balsamic vinegar-should have been lemon but didn't have any) (maybe too much information there but was quite impressed with the dip lol) and saved my syns for the wine, so survived another Saturday night. But going to be a good girl today-

Thanks all for the warm welcome.
My Saturday night went quite well foodwise, we had some friends over and instead of having the usual crispy nibbles, I made for myself lasagne crisps, carrot and celery sticks and a dip made from cottage cheese, chilli and garlic (touch of balsamic vinegar). I had a syn free day so my sins were drank as red wine, but all in all a good result..
Have a good day all, I am going to be extra good today, just to cover those extra drops of Merlot.

Ooops sorry I thought I had lost one and rewrote.. maybe my head is a bit too Merlotty at this time in the morning..lol

wow. well done, dip sound yummy as well, I will have to give that a go! You are doing really well hon. This board is really lovely and supportive as well!

xx

I did flexi syns yesterday although I didn't set myself a target. I didn't feel guilty because I knew that I would be back on path the next day.

I am just into my second week of SW, am doing it online so it's a bit confusing but not too bad! I have lost 3lb even though I forgot to count the three glasses of wine I had on Saturday!

Thats great Jen, well done, I only lost a pound last week (which was my first week) but feel really motivated so fingers crossed weigh in on wednesday is good x (did sneak on scales this morning as I had a bit of a wine-fueled weekend and have lost a pound..yippee)
How does it work online? I haven't joined a group this time (have joined 3 previously but didn't really feel comfortable with the club setting) so am working from my books alone and this site for extra information (and a little encouragement too!)
Good luck to you,
Dee x

I decided to do online as I didn't fancy going to group (went to WW about 10 years ago and found it all very Marjorie Dawes!) and there isn't one at a convenient time near me anyway.

As far as I can tell, I just download everything and check in once a week - I'm a bit confused about syns but it seems to be working!

Dee, looking at your ticker we are almost weight twins!

We are aren't we, how funny!! And joining around the same time.. Spooky Jen!
I too had difficulty with the syns thing, but have read, read and re-read and I think I am about there.
I visited my sister in law over the bank holiday (a SW guru) and she read my food diary from a previous attempt and shook her head- I wasn't eating enough on some days, not enough free food, I had counted 2 slices of bread from a 800g loaf as a HEb etc, (she recommended buying and using those packs of 12 little brown rolls you buy from Tesco (or other store) bakery and individually freezing them, so you have your HEb whenever you need them...(freezer is rammed with them in every nook and cranny!!), So I am hoping I'll be able to keep focused this time, I know it works, I just think cause I have always ate pretty much what we can on green, I am not making a lot of changes, so the weight will come off a bit slower, but as long as I get back to feeling like me.. then thats fine by me.(Crikey I waffle lol)(Note to self.. this is written in the Quick reply section !!)
Good luck to you Jen, we'll have to be SW buddies, and keep each other going to our goal!!
Take care and keep up the good work
Dee x

Your sister in law sounds like a useful person to have around!
Well I've had a slight hiccup as last night I ended up drinking rather a lot of lager! So today I've had a bacon sandwich and a kitkat (got to get through the working day somehow!) - I dread to think how many syns I have used up!
No point in getting upset about it though, that's life and it's too short to worry about such things. And I enjoyed all the bad behaviour

Back