newbie!!

hi all,

ive just started this diet 3 days ago and doing ok...i was abit worried when i thought u cudnt have any milk but found out that around 150ml of skimmed is fine....i need my tea!!! lol

i had a quick question tho....what do u lot do about the bad breath?? i mean myns gettin pretty bad (so my hubby has told me) :( and im just wondering what chewing gum is allowed? which has no carbs??? would really appreciate any help on this...

neways gudluk to all...happy new year and happy dieting!!! xxx

Welcome!

I don't use gum but I'm sure that a sugar free gum would be ok. I use breath freshener spray (have some at work, at home and in my bag for when I feel that furry tongue feeling coming on!) and those strips you put on your tongue (Listerine Breath Strips).

Welcome Mission, I haven't started yet, joining you tomorrow :)

Good luck with your journey!!

This will be handy to know BG, chemist tomorrow to stock up

The good thing GetSetGo is that rancid breath means you're in ketosis. The bad thing is that it's rancid breath! ;)

I must be lucky no bad breath (that I can smell anyway) and my tongue is probably less furry than before! God my body is random.

I know some people on VLCD says chewing gum can make you hungry as it's stimulating you to produce saliva. So, depending how you get on, might be better sticking to sprays and the tongue things.

Hi all
I'm on Day4 (AAW*) and I also used sugafree gum until Day3 when I realised it made me hungry and on top of that it kicked me out of ketosis so have also decided to leave it alone.
From my low carb days I use to find that drinking loads of water also helped to alleviate the ketone breath.

Chuffy- do you have the name of those drops, I'm gonna search for them tomorrow? :p

thanks all for the replies...
yeh i guess il try the tongue strips...but what about the spray which one is it?? my tongue has got that furry feeling too....aint a fan of it...im happy knowing im in ketosis but trying to talk less just so that i dnt smell bad lol xxx

I just buy whatever one the shop sells when I need some. Nothing specific.

hi and welcome :) i used to brush my teeth a lot when i did CD a couple of years ago and use those little strips that instantly disolve on your tongue. Good luck and keep up the good work, can't wait to get my smelly breath :)

Back