Attack Newbie :)

gibb1992

Hi all I'm starting the dukan diet tomorrow!

And I understand most of it eg: lean meat eggs cottage cheese oat bran skimmed milk

But was just wondering what people use to make there meals not so bland?
I've just moved over from weight watchers as I'm getting bored and seem to eat more rubbish now then I did before I started weight watchers! Even though I am loosing weight I won't a more healthy diet instead of processed packet food all the time!
How much weigh has everyone lost so far?
I'm going away in 4 weeks and would like 7lb gone by then! Is that to much for this diet ?
Sorry to ramble on :)
Thanks allxx

Hi gibb and welcome to the forum. 7lb it totally achievable, I did that in first week, but then I did/do have nearly 7 stone to lose.

Flavourings for food, blimey the list is endless. I use all herbs and spices in my meals. If you check out some of our diaries, a lot of us post what our menus are and you can get some ideas for food from there.

Beef - Vietnamse beef, peppered steak, mustard steak, bbq sauce (home made), curry
chicken - Salt n Pepper, keiv style, ham wrapped, oxo gravy, yogurt dip, , curry
Fish - dijon, fishcakes, oriental, salmon pate, omlettes, curry

I googled 'dukan recipes' when I first started out, also lots in the book which you really really do need to read. I printed out recipes and put in a folder. Plan and prepare for your week, sort a menu using the recipes so you know what you are donig in advance and what you need to buy. Check out the threads 'dukan on a budget' and 'dukan advice for new members' both on the main home page for dukan....just not sure how far down.

If you need a specific idea then people might be able to post recipes, but the recipes section of this forum has tonnes.

good luck x

Thanks for our reply Hun :) ill have a look online for some recipes and also on here too! Wow well done on the weight loss Hun!
If u don't mind me asking how long have you been doing the dukan diet? And how much have you lost? Are you finding it easy?
Sorry for all the questions xxx

Hi I started last June, I have found this the easiest diet by far, like all diets you have to work at it but the rewards are so worth it. I think the restrictions versus no forbidden foods are definitely better for me.

Sorry should have said I've lost 5st 7lb, got a stone left to go, loss has slowed down but then most diets do after a while.

Sorry should have said I've lost 5st 7lb, got a stone left to go, loss has slowed down but then most diets do after a while.

Wow!!! Omg that's amazing!!!!! Well done Hun!!!
I'm liking the fact that the foods are limited in what can you eat as if you give me a choice of anything I will have it all! One of the reasons why I'm switching over from weight watchers as there's no control on the foods that made me put in this weight eg choc crips and so on as I could still eat them on weight watchers and I found myself skipping meals so I could eat complete rubbish! Baring in mind though I have lost 2.2stone scince jan on weight watchers but its really not for me

I have been looking at this diet for months now but finally plucked up the courage to give it ago if I fail atleast I've have it ago! I'm hoping if I can get threw day 1 and 2 then hopfully ill be fine :) fingers crossed lol xx

I used to do ww but like you used to still eat chocolate, crisps etc but include them in my points - I think the great thing about this diet is you can't have them and yes it was tough for the first couple of months not eating chocolate but I haven't had it for nearly two years now and I don't miss it at all - even tho I could have it cos I'm on conso I don't! Plenty of protein on this diet fills you up and stops you feeling hungry - that never happened on ww I was always looking for something else to eat and the brilliant thing about this is when you do get to target there's another phase of the diet to keep you there - good luck I'm sure you'll love this diet - it's the best!! :)

I've found that on the couple of occasions I've had choc it's tasted different. Didn't enjoy it, mind you it wasn't galaxy which is my all time fave lol

I've found that on the couple of occasions I've had choc it's tasted different. Didn't enjoy it, mind you it wasn't galaxy which is my all time fave lol

Oo yes I'm sure gonna miss choc! Xx

Thing to tell yourself hun is that its not forever, its only until you have got to TW and then conso can introduce a few nice things back, and the celebration meal is your time to have the things you miss.

If your a chocoholic try the chocolate mug cake on the recipe thread or calms my chocolate daemons! Im not sure if you can have it in attack phase tho! X

Don't think you can cos its got tolerateds in it. Cruise is best, not long to wait to have it though x

Back