Newbie!!

meggiemoo1

Hi there every1,
i'm very new to this forum so please bare with me.
I'm currently at the end of week 2 of my calorie counting diet and am yet to see any weight loss :-( I've been using an app on my phone called "fitness pal" which I thought was great for helping me count every calorie but now I'm doubting the app and everything I'm doing. I've set a limit of 1200 net calories after exercise too and to be honest it has been quite difficult but I've kept going as I'm desperate to loose a stone at least before my holiday in July. Can any body offer me any tips or tell me that not loosing weight in the early stages is normal?? Just anything to keep me on the band wagon!! Thanks meggiemoo xx

Hiya welcome to the forum :) have you just started up exercising or do you normally exercise? Your muscles can hold on to water for first few weeks if you have only just started, Im in same position im on week 3 now and didn't lose last week, do you use my fitness pal values for calories burned? I think they are way out i was using those but i think i am eating too many cals back based on their values on there so I've bought a heart rate monitor to show how many cals i burn myself, which will hopefully be a lot more accurate. Yesterday i did 45 mins on exercise bike it said i had burned 570 cals, my fitness pal said 489 another website said this was 389 so there is a big difference and if its wrong you could be eating back more cals than you actually burned. Hope that helps x

Hey there and welcome. I use MFP for counting calories in food although when I can I always check on food packaging myself. My main exercise is walking which I use another app for (mapmywalk) I'll add them calories to MFP but I won't eat them just because I can, most days I'm between 200-400 cals plus. Are you drinking enough water? I recently switched my cal intake from 1200 to 1380 and I'm losing better now, plus the walking.
x

Back