Newby feeling huge!!!Help

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sarahbt21, 7 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Sarahbt21

Sarahbt21 Member

Start Weight:
    11st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone. I just started slimming world on Monday. Although the scales havnt changed i feel huge. My clothes feel tighter :(. So not sure if im following it right so could do with some guidance. This is what iv eaten since monday:

Monday
    B- 42g All bran HEA, milk HEB.(al milk skimmed)
    Lunch- Brown pasta with tinned pilchards, half a tin.
    Dinner- Spagetti and meatball from slimming world recipe
    Snacks-Apple,muller yogurt with cherry underlay 2syns, milk in tea(not sure to count as syns as dont have much milk in cereal

Tuesday
    B- All bran HEA, milk HEB
    Lunch-same as monday
    Dinner-slimming world recipe, shepherds pie
    Snacks, strawberrys with muller yogurt, milk in tea

Wednesday
    B-All bran HEA, milk HEB
    Lunch- same again
    Dinner- pork loin with fat removed, green beans with philly 3 syns, sweet potatoe wedges with fry light.
    Snacks- muller yogurt, pear, orange, milk in tea.

I know my lunch has been the same every day, i made too much on monday so used it all up.

So does anyone have any tips or anything i could do different?? Im loving eating all the food im having tho,been on the dukan diet for a bit where a ate chicken breast every meal so this is brill. :)

Thanks

Sarah

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JackieN

JackieN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Slowly cutting out refined sugar and cooking more from scratch
    Hi Sarah

In haste I'm afraid but are you following EE? If so sweetie its really important and an integral part of the diet to have a 1/3 superfree with each meal

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I take it you're doing EE? You are having 1/3 superfree with each meal right? Only I dont see any veggies and hardly any fruit in there.

5. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Sorry Jackie posted same time as me :)

6. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You dont seem to be using your syns much either? Use 10-15 a day now so that when your nearer target you have something to cut down on

7. JackieN

JackieN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    I meant to add that. Syns are a big part of this diet. I used to think I was being 'good' not having any but it doesn't work like that you actually do 'need' to use some :)

8. Sarahbt21

Sarahbt21 Member

Start Weight:
    11st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah im doing extra easy. so when i have pasta should o also have something else with it? Im having jacket potatoe with beans for lunch today, so should i have something else with it 2? it seems as though id just be adding more food to my plate

For the syns i dont really eat crisps or chocolate, what else could i have? its confusing???

9. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I agree with what everyone as said just one more thing you mention the milk. As long as you stick to the amount stipulated by the HEA allowance it can be split in which ever way you like.

I don't have much milk on cereal but I use the rest in a hot milky drink.

10. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can use syns on alsorts. I use mine on sauces, mini milks, sausages, gravy. Sw cake recipes.

You need to make sure 1/3 of each meal has super free foods on eg salad, Veg or fruit.

11. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW

It's essential to fill your plate 1/3 with superfree foods - it's not a case of that ADDING food to what you're eating, its exactly the opposite - you fill your plate at least 1/3 full with superfree food in order to *limit* the amount of other food that will fit on there!

Superfree food is stuff like fruit and veg and has very few calories in it. Free food (meat and carbohydrate-rich foods like potatoes, pulses etc) whilst free on EE still contains a lot *more* calories than superfree food. You cant expect to lose weight if you eat a plate entirely full of potatoes and meat every day.

SW isn't a calorie-counting diet, just a healthy way of living, but at the end of the day to lose weight still means we need to eat less calories than we use up. The point of superfree is to keep you full enough without forcing you to count and set absolute limits on what you eat. You should eat til you're full and no more, so 1/3 of a plate of superfree foods helps limit the amount of higher-calorie stuff you eat without leaving you hungry.

Your consultant really should have made this clear, its the whole point really. Start at page 9 and look at the orange pages for a guide to what to eat on EE.

Any questions just ask! :)

12. Sarahbt21

Sarahbt21 Member

Start Weight:
    11st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone. Iv not been to a meeting as i cant get to one due to work commitments, so my sister gave me the books ect, so im just going from what iv read.

For example what iv eaten already today i cant see how you can then have a third of your plate with the super free, iv had

B- bacon sandwich on wholemeal no butter
    L- jacket potatoe and beans.

I can see how i can do that with my dinner later as i coould have meat and veg. feel like giving up already, thought i was doing well :cry:

13. Sarahbt21

Sarahbt21 Member

Start Weight:
    11st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i havnt been to a meeting as i work lates and its tricky for me to get to one, my sister gave me all the books so iv gone from them. Feel like giving up now, been doing it all wrong.. with what iv had today i cant see how i could add anything else, iv had
    B- bacon sandwich, no butter
    L- Jacket potatoe and beans

i can see how i could have meat and veg for dinner later, its confusing

14. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Don't give up Sarah we have all been there. For breakfast how about having some mushrooms or tomatoes (tinned or fesh)

Lunch add a side salad or have some melon to start etc.

Your 1/3 superfree does not neccessarily have to be on the side, think veg in bolognese or veg soup.It can be incorperated into a casseroles etc.

It will get easier I promise. Just read and re read all your info that you have.

Edit: When I did sw first time round before I stupidly came off plan. I didn't have 1/3 superfree at every meal and I still lost a lot.

I am not advocating it but try not to let it stress you out to the point of giving up on it.

15. JackieN

JackieN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:

Have you read this thread. If not its well worth a read :)
    http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Syns can be used for all sorts. sauces, ie ketchup, mayo, lollies, whatever. Syns are also very very important (think I said that) lol

If you can't have ie superfree with the actual meal you could pick on things like melon, strawberries, kiwi?? Thats what I used to do

Look at peoples diaires on here in the food diary section and get ideas for extra easy

Don't forget to take all fat off your bacon or it has syns.

16. Sarahbt21

Sarahbt21 Member

Start Weight:
    11st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for all the replys. Well iv tried what everyone said so this is the last few days: i have lost 2 pounds this week even tho i wasnt doing it right so hopefully more now im getting my head round this:

Thursday:
    2 bread HE, bacon, mushrooms grilled, bown sauce 1syn
    Lunch- jacket potato, beans, apple and pear
    Dinner- Chicken breast, brocolli, green beans, philli 3syns
    Snacks, curly wurly 6 syns
    Milk in tea HE

Friday
    2 bread HE, bacon, brown sauce 1 syn
    Lunch- Jacket potatoe, beans and cheese HE, APPLE
    Dinner, pork loin, brocolli and green beans, grapes.
    Milk in tea, 3syns, backed a cake and picked at a little chocolate 5 syns maybe

Today so far
    Bacon sandwich again, bread HE, brown sauc 1 syn
    Jaffa cake 2.5 syns
    Lunch, small portion of brown pasta with tinned pilchards, asparagus, aubergine and mushrooms.

Id love to hear anyones comments or ideas as im just getting used to the diet

Thanks
    Sarah

17. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya, your food diary looks better, and well done on the 2lbs loss!

The only thing I would say is try and eat more fruit with your breakfast. With EE it is important to make sure 1/3 of your meal is super free. Thursdays breakfast has the superfree in so that looks better :)

I struggle with ee as I love toast in the morning and im not a fan of mushrooms or tomato's. Its hard to get your head around the fact that you have to eat so much fruit/veg/salad with every meal.

Maybe follow your breakfast (or start eat first) with a banana, kiwi fruit etc? I have been told that your first choice of food when hungry should be a super free food. Its just getting your head into that place - its not easy!

Hope that helps you a bit :) I couldnt get to grips with ee and now trying to follow green during the week and red with the odd ee at weekends. Have you looked at the food diarys on this board? Thats what helped me get my head around the plans more - I didnt make the food but saw where I was/am going wrong.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Sarahbt21

Sarahbt21 Member

Start Weight:
    11st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for that, yeah iv been looking through a lot to get ideas so thats help. Yeah for breakfasts iv just bought in loads of bananas and muller lights so im gonna start having them for breakfast.

Iv been trying my best to have veg with all meals, and cut down my portions of meat, potatoes and pasta.

Thanks for your advice hun x

20. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    No worries :) hope your enjoying the plan.

21. VeggieKat

VeggieKat Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It does take a while to get your head round the concept of free/superfree foods, sometimes if I know I haven't had enough superfree during the day, I make myself a HUGE salad, with every veg I can find, and pick at that for the rest of the day - seems like I am eating extra food but it does actually make a difference. It isn't always easy to do the veg when you are busy, but a piece of fruit is nice and easy, it is just a case of getting into the habit.

Good luck Sarah! Just stick at it and soon you will realise what works for you.

xx

22. letsgetlosing

letsgetlosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Much better 2nd menu! I mostly do green with a few EE thrown in. Perhaps have some sliced banana on your toast? Or maybe weetabix with banana on?
    My first week I felt heavier-- think its just your head telling you , "you cant eat this and lose weight surely!"
    Use your syns, they are incorporated for a reason :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.