NHS paying for you to lose weight!

PurpleButterfly

16lb to go!
Hey.. I just heard of this scheme and thought I'd spread the word. The NHS are running a scheme to encourage weight loss, where they pay people to lose weight & keep it off - up to £425!

Link:
Weight Wins - Rewarding healthy weight loss

Maybe they could just subsidise my VLCD! I'd be more than happy with that ;-)

Seriously, I saw a show on this and apparently once the incentive (i.e. money) dries up, people put the weight back on and don't learn why they're overweight, just that they are loosing weight for money.

Darn.. I registered for it, but they emailed me and said that they are full.

Not heard about that scheme but my health authority are paying for my Weight Watchers classes for 12 weeks. I could have chosen Slimming World or Rosemary Conley but I've tried and failed on SW before and I didn't know anything about RC. Plus if I lose 5% of my weight in the 12 week period, I get another 10 weeks free with WW. Mind you, I think they've got their money back with all the snack bars, ready meals etc I've bought so far!

My GP wouldn't sign my form before i started my LL plan.

I thought i would be saving the NHS money in the long run as i won't have all the health problems assocaited with obesity.

I was not a happy bunny as i had to go private and it cost me £40 for him to do my blood pressure and pulse!!!!

Back