Total Solution Nice and simple - my exante diary *First WI! *

PhoenixSong

I think keeping a diary on here might help me if I start struggling. Rather than posting and moaning all over the place I can keep it all here :)

I've already started a diary so this is copied and pasted from my first day, Friday 6th January)

I'm starting Exante tomorrow :D
This will be my place to record my loses and rant if I'm struggling!

Starting weight:
14 stone 8.4lb

Starting measurements: :oops:
Thighs - 30"
Calves - 17.5"
Arms - 14.5"
Waist - 36"
Bust - 44"
Hips - 52"

Very embarrassing and shows how pear shaped I am....thunder thighs doesn't cover it :lol:

I've done Cambridge diet before so I kind of know what to expect.
I'm excited to get started!

I'm being very naughty and have a big plate of fish and chips tonight for dinner.... Hope it won't make it more difficult for me to start ketosis :lol:

Last edited:
Day 1

I weighed myself on our new scales at about 16.30 today. I weigh 14st 8.4lb, 4lb less than a week ago!

Today seems to be OK. I've only just started feeling hungry but it's crept on me quickly and I'm very very hungry! But holding out a little longer so I can 'eat' my soup with family at their meal time.

I had a bar for breakfast - nothing special, no real taste, but edible :)
Lunch I was not looking forward to the Thai chicken soup but it was really nice, I really enjoyed it :D but I think I ate it too early in the day.
I've only drank 2 litres so far, been to the toilet every few minutes it feels like :lol: got to drink another litre before bed hopefully.

DH is cooking his and my sons dinner and it smells amazing :( but it's not tempting me.... Yet :lol:

Day 2 - Saturday 7th January
I didn't even wake up hungry :eek: !

I had the mushroom soup for dinner last night :yum: Can't believe how nice the soups I've tried have been. Especially because on CD I hated them all.

This mornings breakfast of the exante chocolate orange bar was foul though :puke:

Going swimming with the monkey today so that should burn some calories :lol: And then got friends round for dinner, not really looking forward to that. I'll be eating a bit of quorn mince in an exante tomato soup and some green veg.... Whilst they enjoy lasagne, chips and garlic bread (carbs, carbs, carbs!). Not looking forward to explaining why I'm not eating it all....or the temptation either!

Oh and I weighed myself this morning, 2.2lb lighter than yesterday at 16.30. But going to weigh myself again at 16.30 today to compare them, see how weighing at different times can effect loses. Then I'm being good and not weighing myself every day :nod:

End of day two :happydance:

Tomato soup for lunch was OK, better than expected! Chicken soup for dinner was :yum:
Our friend didn't come for dinner (fell downstairs and been in hospital 2 nights :( ) so that helped me stay on track. Although sad not to see him :(

Only had just over 2 litres of water today but feel that's OK.
Bit shaky tonight and ready for an early night.
Looking forward to being in ketosis now.... Found shopping in tescos hard, so much lovely food, I wanted it all! Was really craving cheese on toast earlier but didn't find it hard to resist so that's good....

Hoping tomorrow is my last day where I'm wanting food on sight :lol:

Oh and weighed myself at 16.30 and I was 0.2lb heavier than the morning. So not much in it really :D

Day Three - Sunday 8th January

Well this morning I weigh 14st 4.6lb so nearly 4lb less than two days ago :happydance:
I had a chocolate tesco bar for breakfast and it was yummy! I wanted more :lol:
Felt a little shaky this morning before breakfast but OK now :)

And that's my diary so far :)
Sorry for all the spam but didn't want to start the diary on here today without my first two days.

I'm still finding fighting temptation pretty easier. But am missing food :( I look forward to the bars in the morning the most as it gives me something to Actually eat lol!

Day Three continued
I'm doing OK!
I had my yummy tesco bar. Then my parents came for lunch so I simply said I was trying to cut out carbs so I was having soup intead. My mum had soup too as she's on a diet (weight watchers) but obviously I gave her a normal tin and myself a exante soup. So that was easy :D

Dh then cooked roast turkey for dinner and I had a tiny slither of turkey with a few green beans, broccoli and peas. It was hard resiting the roast potatoes and gravy etc but not too bad....

Just had my final soup of the day and now slowing sipping my dream pepper zero :yum: I feel surprisingly full.

I've got a family meal for my grandads 65th on Saturday, and thankfully its a carvery so I can only eat the veg and meat, going to be careful between now and then to not eat anything else :)

So day three over with and feeling pretty good. Can't wait to be able to say day seven over with!

Hey Phoenix just wanted to say hi just been reading your diary and wanted to say well done and wish you good luck xxx

we;;dpne sp far hunni, your doing great!!. x x x

Thank you both :D
Today is going really well. I'm feeling good! Beginning to think this really could be the end of me being obese

Day Four continued
I struggled earlier. Dinner smelt amazing if I do say so myself.... My favourite type of food too, a yummy spaghetti bolagnaise, but I enjoyed my tomato soup instead and must admit I now feel proud of myself for having the control to not just pig out on spag bol.
I'm over half way into my first week and generally I'm not finding it too hard but I am dreaming about my birthday, about all the food I could gorge myself on :-\ I won't, although I will be treating myself, but I keep remembering all my 'favourite' food (I.e. Most foods!) that I can't wait to taste again.
I know I need to be careful on my birthday not to go I over board....I'm hoping by then (2 weeks tomorrow) that I'll have seen a decent enough weight lose to keep me on the straight and narrow :pray:

I've now got all night alone as dh as working tonight, normally being alone would be when I pig out most. But I won't be tonight. If I am tempted I'll be having a bath instead.

Still feeling confident I can at least do 2 months of exante without cheating...... In fact I'm feeling good and really think I might be a to manage the full 3 months..... But we'll see :D hoping after the first week I will find my urge to eat just for the sake of eating lessen. I'm not even hungry when I crave food... It's just a habit to eat when and what I like.

You're doing really well, I'll be popping it to read your diary often! lol xx

Day Five - completed!

And I feel like I'm getting there! My first initial goal of a week seems to be fast approaching and I'm 100% certain I'll get to it without cheating :happydance:
I cooked dg fish and chips earlier, proper naughty fried chips, they smelt amazing, they looked amazing, but I didn't even nibble one. So proud of myself for not giving in to temptation, any other diet and I know I would have justified it as not counting just to have a little nibble, it wouldn't do any harm etc.

I've barely felt hungry, although I had lovely smelly breath this morning :lol:

2 more days to go until I next weigh myself and my first week is complete :D

Day Six - Wednesday 11th*

I didn't post yesterday, mainly because nothing exciting was happening*
Yesterday I weighed the same as I had Sunday morning, I was feeling pretty upset about that but thankfully wasn't tempted to cheat.
My other shakes and soups arrived yesterday so I had a vanilla shake for dinner, it was nice to have a change, I was getting rather bored of soups tbh and I think having a variety of different packs is the only way I will manage to do this for a long time.*
That was day six, and I hadn't felt hungry at all yesterday*

Day Seven

Last day before I do my first proper weigh in**although truthfully I'm a weighing addict and can't stop myself weighing daily*

I had been a little upset, yesterday I still weighed the same as Sunday morning. I knew it would eventually come off but it's disheartening when you've stuck to it not to see a result. Bit this morning - tmi -but I came on, I think that's why I hadn't lost because this morning I had lost 4lb over night*so happy!*

Had a banana shake for breakfast, it was quite nice especially so cold as I had 4 ice cubes in**almost like a McDonalds shake*

I must drink more water today! I'm not atm, only manage 2 litres.... So will try harder today*

I am a regular weigher too PS and though only week 2 has been slow going this second week but not slow enough to put me off ........ yet. Have been totally 100% so just think it has to improve sometime. Have a good day :)

Day Eight - weigh in!

And I've lost 7.5lb in a week! Yay so happy. Feeling so positive and happy, I really might be able to lose 2 stone of total solution without struggling too much :D

Today task; DRINK MORE WATER! Lol I want to drink three litres today at least.
I know week two loses can. Be slow so need to so everything I can to aid it :D

Meal out tomorrow... Debating with myself whether to eat a roast potatoes or not, hoping when I get there I'll easily resist

Hi just read through your diary wow, what a wonderful uplifting diary to read, keep up the good work you are doing fantastic.
I have never done a diet like this before, so very new to me, I am on my second week (starting last wednesday) and lost 11 lbs in the first week so doing great. I will keep popping into your diary to help keep me on track and what great support thank you xx Have a good day.

I cheated today :(
Ate some chicken out of my sons chicken ceaser wrap... Oh a few pieces but still..
Never mind a new day tomorrow :)

Hi never mind with the chicken new day tomorrow, I have been good today, but still two pints short in my water intake. But otherwise doing ok.
Have a good day tomorrow x

Back