Nice gravy for chips

vanilla_cupcake

Silver Member
Has anyone ever made a syn free or low syn thick type gravy for chips, fed up of curry so lookin some new ideas :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've not tried it on chips but I make a lovely thick gravy by boiling up carrot, onion and garlic in some stock then blending it. I imagine it'd be good on chips, plus you're getting some extra superfree in!

I once read a post by someone who makes her gravy with oxo (which is free) and then uses instant mash to thicken it. I thought it was a brill idea, but not had chance to try it yet x

it is nice-sometimes I thicken gravy for sunday lunch with it. I find tesco value works best-better than the expensive ones.
Could you post the curry recipe-I'd like to see if yours is easier to make -being lazy.

it is nice-sometimes I thicken gravy for sunday lunch with it. I find tesco value works best-better than the expensive ones.
Could you post the curry recipe-I'd like to see if yours is easier to make -being lazy.

Its just...
1 tin mushy peas
1 tin tomatoes
1 tin beans (optional)
1 tbsp curry powder
2 gel pots (chicken/veg)
1 tbsp sweetner
1 onion (optional)

add all ingredients together in a pan, fill tin of peas with boiling water and add it to the pot, simmer for 20 minutes then blitz!

I personally don't like the beans in it, I leave them out :)

Last edited:
that's how I do mine...but I add onions and mushrooms too, and leave it chunky :) its gorgeous with SW chips lol x

I normally add an onion but was too lazy last night to cut one up, mine tasted absolutely delicious last night, I added 2 chicken gel pots instead of 1 and some honey...OMG....deeeeeeeelish!!

The diet coke chicken sauce recipe is lush with chips :D

Back