Nice to be back! Oink Oink

Hi all, I'm back again!!! Gave up on the Atkins a while back as I felt so ill...lasted for 2weeks,really bad flu. I wan't to start again but have a couple of questions.....when I was doing it before I found meals quite limiting, I wouldn't use tomatoes in my cooking as too frightened I would go over my carbs, the same for onion, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, spring onions and swede. So I found myself feeling nauseous and a loss of appetite. Apart from salad leaves are there any salad or veg I can eat in large amounts? Too much fat or protein is too heavy for me need lots of light veg or salad to go with it. Would appreciate some help as other than this I do enjoy the Atkins eating plan. Thanks :)

I eat loads of veg Wendy, I would say I mostly eat broccoli, cauliflower & cabbage as those are my faves. Of the ones you list there, only onion and swede are fairly high in carbs? But you can still have in moderation.

Maybe get yourself a carb counter or use an online one, and get in the habit of weighing all your veggies so you know the exact carb count you are getting. You'll be surprised how much you can have! After a while, you'll get used to the size of portion and be able to do away with the scales.

I agree that you've got to work at putting variety into this diet or it can get very boring, also PLEASE eat your veggie allowance or you will not feel very well!

Wendy, there is a list of induction friendly veggies on the stickkies love.

Welcome back.

Curly kale is my fav at the moment. Broccoli, cauli, asparagus & spinich. I dont really stray from these as i know they are fairly low.
Oh and the odd slice or 2 of celeriec to fry as chips.

Hi lully`s

Week 6 lost 2.5lbs this week now 10.5

Week has been good, full of butterflies and smiles.

Im uping my carbs this week, addin more nuts and a little more veg.
Im not that great at countin carbs but I know how far my body needs to go.

Thoughts of today....
:):D;):D;):D;):D;):D;):)

I say no more :cool:

Woofy x

Hi woofy love.

I love that yr in lurve Woof! x

Back