.Nicki. - time flies.

Aww you guys are so lovely x
Today has been a pretty uneventful day, made my motivation board in the kitchen, sorted my online sw account, worked out my consultants 10% calculations are wrong my 9lbs. Been 100% food wise, drank almost 3 litres of water which is almost unheard of for me. Tomorrow will be harder because i'm back at work :cry:just got to resist going home when its offered. Not sure what to do food wise but will have a think tonight, got to be quite organised as i leave the house at 6.30am so will prob do it tonight. I even got on the cross trainer i managed 1 min 30 this morning and 2 min in the afternoon, pretty poor really but i'm really trying, hoping that i will be able to do a little longer everyday.

Hi nickie. Sounds like a great start! I find the cross trainer really hard too to start with but in no time at all you will be able to do loads. X

Sooo I went out to dinner at chiquitos and a movies tonight. So chiquitos not known for its healthy menu so i had a burger and left the bun, a few chips and a salad oh and a diet coke, at the movies i had water and i can officially say this is a first, Ok not completely healthy but i did the best i could and i'm very proud of myself! I can home and made lunch for tomorrow and prepared a stew in the slow cooker ready to be switched on tomorrow morning, so tomorrow i'm going for a full on red day :eek: 2 good days in a row, could be the start of something magic.

Wow Nicki...you are ROCKING hunni!!!
You flipping well SHUD be feeling EXTREMELY proud of yourself! I don't think I wud hav had yr willpower ... I wud prob have had a massive binge and then spent the wk worrying about wot I'd done lol xx.
I love the fact that u have got so organised ... I really think it makes a massive difference, especially on work days. How lovely to come home to a gorgeous stew, bet u can't wait!
I tried another experimental tea tonite...risotto. Never made one before and it was v nice, defo do it again. Fried some chopped onions in Frylight, then mixed in some arborio rice, finely chopped carrots, leeks, mushrooms, sweetcorn, frozen peas, and chopped cooked chicken. Slowly added 1lt hot veg stock alowing it to soak in and reduce each time before adding more, and simmered for about 20 mins until rice tender and stock reduced. Very easy to do, very filling, and free on ee.
Have another great day tomorrow Nicki xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Thanks hun, it was really hard to say no to churros, they are my favorite. I think being organised is the difference now, other times i've just gone day to day eating the same things and ended getting fed up. Risotto sounds delish, might have to give that a go next week.

So I've been awake since 3am, gave up pretending to be asleep at 4am and after showering and putting my stew on, i'm bored :D thank god for Sky+, when i watch shopping programmes it makes me want stuff i don't actually need (although i think a food sealer would be a great thing to have) I've only had 5 hours sleep total in 2 days so i am shattered.
Was going to have fruit on the way to work for breakfast but seeing as i have some time to kill i'm going to try some oats so simple, i love ready brek but something tells me it won't taste the same!

Hi nicki
Sorry to crash your thread but just been reading and felt I had to add my support. You can do it and what a fantastic incentive you have.
I am back on SW (third weigh in this week) after four or so years...I lost five stone and did manage to keep it off but it was slowly creeping back on and I decided enough was enough, so I'm back on the plan determined to lose thelast stone and a half. I live in the middle east at the moment so there is no groups to join so I am doing it from home and using this site a lot!!
I find that planning is my saviour and I have also given up drinking during the week ( not even a small one!!) and I have to say feel so much better in myself. The support on here is amazing and there is always someone to offer advice or motivation.
Good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do it
Xxx

Hi nicki
Sorry to crash your thread but just been reading and felt I had to add my support. You can do it and what a fantastic incentive you have.
I am back on SW (third weigh in this week) after four or so years...I lost five stone and did manage to keep it off but it was slowly creeping back on and I decided enough was enough, so I'm back on the plan determined to lose thelast stone and a half. I live in the middle east at the moment so there is no groups to join so I am doing it from home and using this site a lot!!
I find that planning is my saviour and I have also given up drinking during the week ( not even a small one!!) and I have to say feel so much better in myself. The support on here is amazing and there is always someone to offer advice or motivation.
Good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do it
Xxx

Thank you hun, good luck with your journey. The support on this place is amazing, sometimes people want to drag you down but luckily they are few and far between and there is always someone else to pick you back up.

Well i lasted at for for 2 hours, after being surrounded by people i don't know and feeling like death from lack of sleep when they asked if i wanted to go, i was logged off and out of there before they'd finished writing my name down. There is a downside though, my whole house smells of my stew, well actually it smells of onion so i'm a little worried that i've added to much, tempted to redo the stock but i don't no.

Hi Nicki,
Did the stew turn out ok in the end? I really love stew but the smell drives me potty...I start drooling at the first whiff!
After reading your posts again I see that u have trouble sleeping and I wondered if u had seen any one about it? I have problems getting off but once I'm asleep, usually by 1 am, I'm ok. Sometimes tho I nod off for an hour, wake up, and my stupid brain thinks I've had 8hrs and tells me I'm wide awake! That's where I find this site comes in handy! I use my mob so I don't wake hubby up and read thru diaries and recipes til I fall asleep again! Us girlies seem to be able to function on much less sleep than the boyos lol! Before I started sw I had a glass of wine every nite to help me sleep...very very bad habit I know! But now its my wkend treat and I look forward to it much more!!!!
Well hope you get a gd nites sleep tonite...no more cooking in the middle of the nite lol! And have a great day tomorrow xx

Good Morning,
The stew was delish, was going to save half buuuuuuut i put my 1 hex b potatoes in it so i ate it all, although in my defense there wasn't a lot there as it all cooked down.
My sleeping is a bit hit and miss, i'll be fine for a few weeks or a month and then for a week it'll be a nightmare. I count my blessings because couple of years ago i had full on insomnia for a year and that was harsh. I've seen the dr about it but he's reluctant to give anything because of my previous medical history, but in a couple of nights i'll be ok. Hubbs was trying to get me to drink wine last night to help me sleep but i don't want to get into bad habits and i'm not much of a drinker although i can't say no to a baileys on ice :D
Had an early night last night (9pm how old am i) and woke up 3 times for about an hour but i did get some sleep so feeling a little bit more human and its my day off so i don't have to do anything today, other then be on minimins.
Ok i have a confession, i may have had a sneaky jump on the scales and the news is good and bad, the good news is i've defo lost, the bad news is my scales must be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off as it says i've lost 12lbs in 3 days. Tomorrow is 6 weeks until my birthday and i'd like to be well on my way to 10% by then, i'm also researching my present from hubbs, a baby tortoise :D very excited!

OK so i may have stole the idea from Capricorn but it was a blooming good one. So I now have 50 mini targets all the way to target, the biggest target between here (the start) and there (the finish) is 5lb. Apart from my actuall first and last which are 7lbs, would be ace to lose 7lbs in my first week again but i think thats a little optimistic.

OK so i may have stole the idea from Capricorn but it was a blooming good one. So I now have 50 mini targets all the way to target, the biggest target between here (the start) and there (the finish) is 5lb. Apart from my actuall first and last which are 7lbs, would be ace to lose 7lbs in my first week again but i think thats a little optimistic.
:giggle:eek:ooohh I have it writing now -that I sometimes have good ideas :giggle:

Hello flower thought I would pop in and see how things are going -and the answer looks to be "brilliant" :clap:

Well done on the meal out -Im yet to face that demon ;) *thank gawd* ...... as for the x-trainer I can't use that for love nor money, I tried at the gym and it feels really un-natural and jolts the heck out of my knees -so :happy096: on doing anything on it.

oohh having 50 targets sounds great -I hope it helps, I find it really makes it easier to keep focussed.

You sound so full of enthusiasm its great to read... so I may well have to stalk you ;) -I swear between planning meals and stalking folks on here it amazing I actually find time to eat :p
Any way -hope you get a good nights sleep and have a great weekend!!

Good idea Nicki...or should that be Capricorn lol!!! ;)
I'm all for trying ANYTHING that will keep me motivated and on track!
Lovely to see you still motivated and enjoying the diet, you know we CAN do this sweetie xx :D

Last edited:
.Nicki. said:
Ok i have a confession, i may have had a sneaky jump on the scales and the news is good and bad, the good news is i've defo lost, the bad news is my scales must be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off as it says i've lost 12lbs in 3 days. Tomorrow is 6 weeks until my birthday and i'd like to be well on my way to 10% by then, i'm also researching my present from hubbs, a baby tortoise :D very excited!

Oh hunni, that made me smile! Can I have a set of scales like yours please? ;)
Love the idea of a tortoise for yr bday, how lovely! When mum was a kid she went to the fair wiv her sister and brothers and won the choice of either a goldfish or a tortoise! She chose the tortoise, and my nan then kept little Timmy for over 30 yrs! I remember feeding him lettuce when I was little.

lol Nicki I pinched her idea too (Sorry capricorn i'm a long time lurker on your thread) such a good way to keep motivated. :)

:giggle:eek:ooohh I have it writing now -that I sometimes have good ideas :giggle:

oohh having 50 targets sounds great -I hope it helps, I find it really makes it easier to keep focussed.

You sound so full of enthusiasm its great to read... so I may well have to stalk you ;) -I swear between planning meals and stalking folks on here it amazing I actually find time to eat :p
Any way -hope you get a good nights sleep and have a great weekend!!

:talk017: you sure do! It may sound strange but seems a lot easier now, i'm just looking to the next target rather then the end goal. I'd love another stalker, someone extra to keep me strapped to the sw wagon.

Good idea Nicki...or should that be Capricorn lol!!! ;)
I'm all for trying ANYTHING that will keep me motivated and on track!
Lovely to see you still motivated and enjoying the diet, you know we CAN do this sweetie xx :D

For the first time ever i think you may be right, we can do this :party0049: don't care how long it takes anymore, Just got to get there.

lol Nicki I pinched her idea too (Sorry capricorn i'm a long time lurker on your thread) such a good way to keep motivated. :)

Hey hun, don't worry i tend to lurk on a lot of threads too.

So sleep really hasn't improved had about 12 maybe 13 hours 5 nights, tired doesn't even begin to describe how i'm feeling. Only worked one full day, the other 3 i left after 3hrs, but at least i haven't called in sick so i'm not in trouble. I might have to bite the bullet and open a bottle of wine tonight but i'm proud to say i've been 100% this week and i don't want to ruin it!
:party0036:
I hope i have a good first weigh in I see no reason why i shouldn't, I usually lose a fair bit the first week without really trying. Think my only downfall will be not eating enough, with not sleeping and the amount of water :tear_drop: i'm drinking i've not been very hungry. Although i'm just about to go make a big plate of actifry chips for lunch :party0019: just got to decide whether to frylight them or syn some oil. :hmm:

CHEESEY CHIPS AND BEEEEEEANS!

Attachments

• SDC10851.jpg
    SDC10851.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 111
Ooooooh....that looks soooo yummy!!! :gimi: :eat: :drool:

Well another restless, sleepless night and have a killer headache so i called in sick. I'm still going to go to weigh in but i won't stay. Bit worried about weigh in really, not that i haven't lost but maybe not having lost as much as i hope, i'd love to get my first shiney, I know its optimistic but i have done it a few times on sw.

Oh Nicki try not to worry about tonight xx It's really unfair that u have had such an awful week of things when you have been so good on yr diet! You really deserve a good loss tonight...maybe you will be able to relax a little bit then, knowing yr back on track xx
Good luck tonight hunni...got everything crossed for u xx

Back