.Nicki. - time flies.

Just got back from weigh in and i'm shocked (and delighted) to have lost 13lbs in my first week :bliss: I don't know who was more shocked me or the consultant. So i've smashed target 1 and 2, now 1lb away from target 3.
If i can get to sleep tonight it will be a perfect day in Nicki's World.

WOW!!!! Nicki!!! :happy036:

How fantastic is that!!! :happy096: Well done hunni!!!

Oh I can't tell you how thrilled I am for you! :bliss: You must be over the moon...but it's no more than you deserve. You have worked really hard and totally embraced this diet....oooooh you clever thing!
I know what a rotten time you have been having and I really hope this is a great boost to you. You have the diet nailed...no question of that :scale:...so now you gotta try and sort the sleeping out :zz: How about trying a new routine? Maybe a milky drink (options hot choc only 2 syns) and a warm bath. Get hubby to give you a nice relaxing massage ;) and take a good book to bed with you. Reading always sends me to sleep!
Anyway, I am so pleased for you Nicki. I really think you will do it this time...hmmm and Auntie skinnydawn by proxy sounds good to me lol!
Lots of love, hope you get some sleep, and have a good day tomorrow xx

Thanks guys, means a lot to me! got to admit i'm still in shock. They had ran out of 1/2st certificates and stickers which is a bummer but i'll get it next week and hopefully my 1 stone one too :D The real work starts this week because this i tend to lose focus after a good week and end up with a sts or gaining. I'm now at the same weight i was when i gave up with ww so got to stay on track! After group last night, i had a chinese and a can of fat coke and thats my treat for the week, hoping if i allow myself to have a treat after weigh in, it will be easier to stick with it the rest of the week.
Last night i slept 12 whole hours, straight through :talk017: wohoo! Hoping that it lasts now, it better as i have to go back to work tomorrow!

.Nicki. said:
Just got back from weigh in and i'm shocked (and delighted) to have lost 13lbs in my first week :bliss: I don't know who was more shocked me or the consultant. So i've smashed target 1 and 2, now 1lb away from target 3.
If i can get to sleep tonight it will be a perfect day in Nicki's World.

Well done nicki
You must be over the moon!

Well done nicki
You must be over the moon!

Thanks hun, Mega happy!

Been a very good day today, went for a walk to the local shops with hubby (yep thats right exercise) bought some bits from the fruit and veg shop (usually get it all at Asda) but might make the effort to get more of it from there as its much nicer. Had a nice beany pasta bake for tea and even have lunch made for tomorrow, organised or what! Really dreading work tomorrow, probably in trouble for being sick on Monday but just have to face it i guess. At least my bestie friend is in and she keeps me calm (ish)
Tomorrow night i have a mahoosive steak for my tea, which i'll have with wedges done in the actifry, i literally can not wait :drool: going to be lush. Off to bed now for hopefully for another full night of snooze. x

Hi guys just been reading your thread, I too have done weight watchers for years but without going to classes. Now they have changed it I decided to change my diet too. I have lost 6.5lbs in 2 weeks and have my third weigh in tomorrow. Good luck with your journeys xx

Hi guys just been reading your thread, I too have done weight watchers for years but without going to classes. Now they have changed it I decided to change my diet too. I have lost 6.5lbs in 2 weeks and have my third weigh in tomorrow. Good luck with your journeys xx

Hi Booly (lovely name),
Welcome to SW and minimins! And well done on your weight loss too! It can be a bit scary making the decision to change diets ...sometimes it works and sometimes not...but it looks like you are doing just fine!!!
Good luck for tomorrow xx:)

Hi skinnydawn! Great name too. Thanks very much for the encouragement! I am new to this and a bit lost! How can I keep up with people and threads? X

Thanks hun, Mega happy!

Been a very good day today, went for a walk to the local shops with hubby (yep thats right exercise) bought some bits from the fruit and veg shop (usually get it all at Asda) but might make the effort to get more of it from there as its much nicer. Had a nice beany pasta bake for tea and even have lunch made for tomorrow, organised or what! Really dreading work tomorrow, probably in trouble for being sick on Monday but just have to face it i guess. At least my bestie friend is in and she keeps me calm (ish)
Tomorrow night i have a mahoosive steak for my tea, which i'll have with wedges done in the actifry, i literally can not wait :drool: going to be lush. Off to bed now for hopefully for another full night of snooze. x

Hi Nicki,
Lovely to see you had such a nice day today :D Isn't it funny how good the world feels when we are in control! Bet hubby is really thrilled to see you happy, organised, and enjoying life and SW of course!!!
Bit of a downer about work but lets face it...it IS only work lol! You have so much going for you not to let work upset things ;)
And it will be nice to see your bestie and have a good natter :blahblah:
Have a good rest tonight,
love Dawn :)

Hi skinnydawn! Great name too. Thanks very much for the encouragement! I am new to this and a bit lost! How can I keep up with people and threads? X

It's a bit overwhelming isn't it!
If you look on the blue box above, and click on User CP it will bring a page up with threads you have posted on or subscribed to, so you should be able to keep better tabs on which threads you're interested in. You can also add a thread you are interested in to your User CP list WITHOUT posting on it by clicking on the Thread Tools (just above the start of the post) and then click 'subscribe to this thread'. It should then appear in your User CP list.
The search button is useful too as you can look for threads or posts by topic or by the posters name.
I think the rest is pretty self explanatory, and theres help on the Tutorials of course.
I think you have to have posted 50 times before you can add a tracker, but you can soon bump up your numbers by joining in some of the games! (count to 1,000,000,000 thread is an easy one lol!!!)
Hope that helps a bit :p

Last edited:
Hi Nicki,
Lovely to see you had such a nice day today :D Isn't it funny how good the world feels when we are in control! Bet hubby is really thrilled to see you happy, organised, and enjoying life and SW of course!!!
Bit of a downer about work but lets face it...it IS only work lol! You have so much going for you not to let work upset things ;)
And it will be nice to see your bestie and have a good natter :blahblah:
Have a good rest tonight,
love Dawn :)

Thanks Hun, is lovely to be in control. Worked all day and it wasn't too bad, busy though. Was supposed to be going to the movies with hubbs tonight but i'm too tired, just want to eat my steak, snuggle on the sofa and go to sleep.

Ooooh....STEAK!!! :eating: Hope it was nice!

Glad work was ok today. I never want to go in but once I'm there it's usually ok.

Have a nice snooze with hubby and speak to you soon :zz:

*woop woop* -what a cracking loss :woohoo:
I hope you did a one woman conga around the room :party0049:
Have another great week -and keep up the great work!!

*Warning - Self indulgent, depressive post*
I'm feeling a little sorry for myself and i need to get it out because frankly know one really understands. Basically i have a family member i was very close to, we fell out before my wedding don't even no what it was about really, i was having a breakdown and i think things got blown out of proportion. Anyway we've not spoken since in nearly 2 years since then i've got married, she's got married and i've been told shes expecting. Don't get me wrong i'm thrilled for her, she's going to make an awesome mother but I can't stop thinking why not me? Am i such a horrid person that i don't deserve it? i'm trying not to let it knock me but it's always at the back of my mind, just seems everything in life is making it harder to ignore. Been 100% this week, not really been hungry and the scales haven't moved, so i'm feeling demovtivated too.

*Warning - Self indulgent, depressive post*
I'm feeling a little sorry for myself and i need to get it out because frankly know one really understands. Basically i have a family member i was very close to, we fell out before my wedding don't even no what it was about really, i was having a breakdown and i think things got blown out of proportion. Anyway we've not spoken since in nearly 2 years since then i've got married, she's got married and i've been told shes expecting. Don't get me wrong i'm thrilled for her, she's going to make an awesome mother but I can't stop thinking why not me? Am i such a horrid person that i don't deserve it? i'm trying not to let it knock me but it's always at the back of my mind, just seems everything in life is making it harder to ignore. Been 100% this week, not really been hungry and the scales haven't moved, so i'm feeling demovtivated too.
You aren't being horrid at all -it a natural reaction... I don't think this is something I have ever mentioned on my own diary :secret:(although I waffle that much that I might :eek:) but we have been trying for 8 years and nowt, nada not a thing so I know how you feel ... I am lucky in a round about kind of a way as I have a very "matter of fact" mind -and as much as I would love a littlie I accept that not everyone can -and if Im one of those that can't then Im going to just get on with life -although I live in the hope that one day it might be our turn ;), although time ain't exactly on our side -I look on the positives and figure Im doing all I can now by losing weight and giving my body the best fighting chance ...
Now you ARE'NT to loose focus as you know what you are working towards and as crappy as you might feel -there is no food in the world that is going to make you feel better. Just keep on plan, keep eating the good stuff and keep telling yourself that you are doing all you can...
As to the scales -ignore them -the evil little blighters tell lies you know :p .... until you official weigh in -ignore the little sods...
Sending you huge squishy hugs and hope you pick up soon:D.

Aww Nicki, I'm so sorry you are feeling so down at the moment. You were absolutely flying along...it's such a shame that this news has hit you for six.

But hunni, Capricorn is absolutely right. You can not throw away all the hard work you have done so far. And you really can't jeopardise the dreams you have of starting a family.

Remember your 1st post where you told us all, in a very honest and frank way, how you were feeling and what your motivating factors were for losing weight...?

"1. You desperately want to be a mum and it is not going to happen being 21 stone something and even if it did you'd struggle with everything during and after birth.
2. You are miserable, even when you pretend not to be and put a brave face, you are still miserable.
3. The weight holds you back in everything you do, even the little things and after 20 odd years it needs to change."

I can't promise that you will be able to have a baby when you have reached your target...but I will be here for you while you work towards increasing your chances :hug99:

And as for those stupid scales...you know better than to believe them! Ignore them, stick them in the loft, throw them out...just keep off them!!! Ooooh...I'm starting to feel quite bossy now :whoopass: I'm sorry Nicki, I really don't want to come across as hard but I'm so frightened that you may throw in the towel :giveup: and I don't think you really want to. Only 1lb to lose this week for your 1 stone award ... think of your mini targets.
Lots of luv xx

Thanks girls, you too are awesome. I'm still on track, no towel throwing for me! Going to have a good nights sleep and hopefully feel better in the morning, much love x x x x

Phew!!! Thank goodness for that! :happy036:

Nite nite mate :4635:

Back