Nicky's weight loss diary - (69lbs to loose) 43lbs to go!!

Day 11

Today's been pretty good - been so busy at work that the day's flown by! I've been really hungry though - stomach's been really grumbling all day! Really strange as I POAS and I'm still in ketosis :confused: Never mind, hopefully it will pass....

I was really pleased today as my jeans feel really loose. I tried another pair on and they were too! Yipee, I think I'm going in the right direction - just need to keep focused now the weekend is here!

Got my planned eating days next week. I've got a day in London on Thursday as I'm going to London for a meal and a show, a work meal on Saturday night and then a wedding the following week. I feel anxious at the idea of eating again. I just don't want to ruin all my hard work! I'm just going to eat salad and meats I think. Saturday night might be more tricky as it's a set menu in a Thai resturant. Anyway, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I've got another 10 days to get through first!!

Hope everyone else's day has gone well. I can't believe that I've got another 100% day under my belt! :D

Day 11

Today's been pretty good - been so busy at work that the day's flown by! I've been really hungry though - stomach's been really grumbling all day! Really strange as I POAS and I'm still in ketosis :confused: Never mind, hopefully it will pass....

I was really pleased today as my jeans feel really loose. I tried another pair on and they were too! Yipee, I think I'm going in the right direction - just need to keep focused now the weekend is here!

Got my planned eating days next week. I've got a day in London on Thursday as I'm going to London for a meal and a show, a work meal on Saturday night and then a wedding the following week. I feel anxious at the idea of eating again. I just don't want to ruin all my hard work! I'm just going to eat salad and meats I think. Saturday night might be more tricky as it's a set menu in a Thai resturant. Anyway, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I've got another 10 days to get through first!!

Hope everyone else's day has gone well. I can't believe that I've got another 100% day under my belt! :D
Well done you , for another 100% day!!! Yeah eating is a bit scary to me too at the moment, but i am sure you will be fine, just make healthy choices and come back to the diet directly afterwards, you will be fine:D. And enjoy your days while you are eating, there is not point of eating and anxious at the same time , is it. just enjoy;). i had 2 bars and 1 soup today, it that cheating?:17729:

Well done Nicky :D

i had 2 bars and 1 soup today, it that cheating?:17729:

Exante only recommend one bar a day, for 2 reasons.
One, there are too many carbs in them to keep you in ketosis ;)
Two, they can have a laxitive effect :eek:
Marge
:)

Well done Nicky :D

Exante only recommend one bar a day, for 2 reasons.
One, there are too many carbs in them to keep you in ketosis ;)
Two, they can have a laxitive effect :eek:
Marge
opps:sigh:. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe i will not have any bar tomorrow, hope that will balance it a bit:D

Thanks Marge - still can't believe I'm doing this! :)

Try not to worry too much pangpang, at least you know now. :D xx

Day 12

Today's going ok, just watching the Royal wedding, Kate Middleton looks beautiful.

I'm currently trying to do my uni work but am craving a packet of crisps..... I need to get over myself because there's no way I'm going to be having any!! :D

I've been really well behaved with the scales and haven't checked them in days - the last time I checked I wasn't very happy with what they said so I have decided that they are no longer my friend! :D

Hope everyone is enjoying their extra day off work! Have a good one! :D :D x

Hope your day ended as well as it started Nicky :)

Hope your day ended as well as it started Nicky :)

Hi Marge, surprisingly it did! lol! I don't really know how I'm doing this but I am! Despite craving different food, I have got to the point where it just isn't a option which is very strange! I'm a bit nervous about opening the flood gates with my planned eating days coming up - I hope I've got the will power to just have a sensible meal and then get back on the Exante wagon! :D

Day 13

I think I am officially in what people call 'the zone'!! :D I love the way this diet just takes food out of the picture! I'm really really worried about my planned eating days over the next 2 weeks though as it may well go to pot after these. I hope I can find the will power to make sensible choices, on one of the days we're going for a Thai meal and it's a set menu - :eek: I am just going to have to make sensible choices and leave the naughty things but how hard is that going to be! There's one thing not ordering naughty things but leaving them on my plate may well be a totally different story.....:sigh: I'm just going to have to plough through it as I don't want to go back to feeling like I did in the first few days - going back into ketosis.....

Does anyone think it would be massively rude if I pull a sicky for that meal? I just don't want to sabatage myself!! :confused:

Hiya Nicky

So glad your in the zone ;) make things a whole lot easier eh?

Right about the meal, if im honest if it was me (knowing what i know now) id throw a sicky!
I know the first time i came off plan, i went mad and ate like a pig. I mean if you know you can be strong and resist then go, but now id advise anyone not to put themselfs in that situation, especially since your totally in the zone, and like you say its easy to go for a meal and not order things but when they're put infront of you its a total different story.
In the end tho, its up to you. Just thought id have my 5p worth ;) xx

Hiya Nicky

So glad your in the zone ;) make things a whole lot easier eh?

Right about the meal, if im honest if it was me (knowing what i know now) id throw a sicky!
I know the first time i came off plan, i went mad and ate like a pig. I mean if you know you can be strong and resist then go, but now id advise anyone not to put themselfs in that situation, especially since your totally in the zone, and like you say its easy to go for a meal and not order things but when they're put infront of you its a total different story.
In the end tho, its up to you. Just thought id have my 5p worth ;) xx

Hi Clair,

I think you're right. There's loads of time to go out for meals when I'm a healthy weight! The wedding is a sit down meal but my OH said I can decreetly put all the carby food on his plate so I don't look rude!! I'm going to London for a show on Thursday and we're having a meal there but I'm just going to have a salad coz I know the resturant do a lovely salad bar.

Thanks for the advice, I thought I was just being a bit obssessive about it all! :D

Hope your day's going well!

Nicky :)

Do you know what the set menu will be? If it's largely low carb, high protein with lots of veg you'll probably be okay.

I doubt very much that it will be - I think I'm going to throw a sicky. It's really really rude but they'll get over it and I can make up for it when I get a bit more weight off!

Hope you're still doing well DM!

Day 13 - nearly in the bag!

I feel watered out today! I've been a bit naughty and had more squash and diet coke just to get the fluids down me! Other than that I'm on plan!

I'm really struggling to eat all my packs at the moment. I know I have to eat them and generally force myself but last night I was laying in bed and remembered that I'd only had 2! It's incredible how I don't feel hungry at all! Very strange :confused:

I was talking to a friend about this diet earlier today and she was a little harsh! She told me that ketosis is a really unhealthy state to be in and how it can have long term health risks. I felt a bit frustrated with her really as I've really read up about this and I haven't seen anything to back this statement up but she wouldn't accept that and told me to stop the diet today before I do anymore harm! What I find confusing is how people can view being on a vlcd more harmful than being obese! :confused: It's a shame that people can't respect the fact that everyone is entitled to make their own choices about their bodies!

Anyway that's my rant over and done with for today! :D And as for the advice.... I think I'll carry on thank you very much! There's actually evidence to show the long term damage through obesity! :p

Hope everyone's had a good day! :)

Good luck with your planned meals. I think everyone is different and you just have to work out what is right for you. I was gutted when I ate and got a gain but other people seem to thrive on having small meals!!

You sound really determind though so I am sure you will be able to get straight back on plan when you need to!!

Good luck..x

Good luck with your planned meals. I think everyone is different and you just have to work out what is right for you. I was gutted when I ate and got a gain but other people seem to thrive on having small meals!!

You sound really determind though so I am sure you will be able to get straight back on plan when you need to!!

Good luck..x

Thanks Miss Mac! I think I would put weight on and I'm in such early stages of the diet that it would be soooo demotivating for me! Fingers crossed I'm not going to do too much damage.

Putting to one side how anxious I feel about the food involved, I'm really really looking forward to going to the wedding and theatre so I'm going to try not to let this diet dominate them too much ;)

Well done again on your fab loss. xxx

Day 14

Had quite a good day today. I went to a BBQ and saw a few people I haven't seen in a few weeks. 3 people told me that it looked like I had lost weight which really cheered me up! :D It's funny as I haven't noticed it on myself other than my clothes feeling a little bit baggy so it was a real boost for me!

As for the BBQ food - it smelt yummy but I didn't feel tempted by it really. I think the comments were made at the exact right time! lol!

The dreaded WI tomorrow! :eek: I've been really good this week so I'm really hoping for a decent weight loss. I weighed myself earlier in the week and I had put 2lbs on! I was gutted and decided that I will only weigh myself once a week now as that could have easily thrown me off plan if I was having a bad day! I'm praying that 2lbs plus a few more have come off seen as how well behaved I've been!

Anyway - waffling a bit now! Hope everyone else has had a good day!

Well done Nicky. I'm really proud of you for resisting xxxxx

Hope you get a good number for your WI chick :)
Marge

WI 2

Hi everyone!

So WI 2 and I've lost 4lbs! :D That takes me to over 1 stone in a fortnight which is bloody amazing when you think about it! Very pleased with that! :D

Back