Nicky's weight loss diary - (69lbs to loose) 43lbs to go!!

Hiya nicky,

I've just read your diary. I've only just started but as a serial dieter I reckon the food you ate you may have got away with as they are generally low carb although some sausages may not be. No booze is advised because it messes with your blood sugar but again, I read last night that wine is pretty low carb too. And it's a good thing you ate or you'd be Ill so that's also kind of positive!
So really, and I know you don't need someone else making excuses for you, in the grand scheme of things you should be ok!! Let's forget the cider!! Haha. And hopefully you had no bread!!
It's a new day and you never know it might have done you good. Of you get back on the wagon you'll be fine x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya nicky,

I've just read your diary. I've only just started but as a serial dieter I reckon the food you ate you may have got away with as they are generally low carb although some sausages may not be. No booze is advised because it messes with your blood sugar but again, I read last night that wine is pretty low carb too. And it's a good thing you ate or you'd be Ill so that's also kind of positive!
So really, and I know you don't need someone else making excuses for you, in the grand scheme of things you should be ok!! Let's forget the cider!! Haha. And hopefully you had no bread!!
It's a new day and you never know it might have done you good. Of you get back on the wagon you'll be fine x

Hi, thank you! That's made me feel a bit better. I definately didn't have any bread. I spoke to my friend this morning and she was wetting herself as apparently I kept telling her that bread was evil! :p

Also, my ketostix arrived this morning and I tested myself and I'm still in ketosis! I might well have got away with it!! (I hope so as week one was really hard!) Thanks for your advice, I find it so useful to sound off as it stops me going off the rails too much! Unfortunately I have to go for a meal tonight at my favourite thai resturant :eek: I'm not going to make too many promises about behaving myself but I really am going to try. I certainly will not be drinking as I am the designated driver! If I just stick to prawns or chicken I'm hoping it will be ok.

Thanks again - you've made me feel so much better xx

Hiya nicky...you have had a real week of temptation and managed to pull it off by the sounds of it..I'm well Jell..(said in my best essex accent)!!!

I am really shocked i have got this far and not strayed...Cos i have been very tempted a few times...i actually think i owe an awful lot of my success to this site ya know...I feel like even though i'm doing it on my own that i have a group of cyber mates cheering me on from the sidelines lol...

Hope ya have a not too hard time getting back into Ketosis xxxx

Hiya nicky...you have had a real week of temptation and managed to pull it off by the sounds of it..I'm well Jell..(said in my best essex accent)!!!

I am really shocked i have got this far and not strayed...Cos i have been very tempted a few times...i actually think i owe an awful lot of my success to this site ya know...I feel like even though i'm doing it on my own that i have a group of cyber mates cheering me on from the sidelines lol...

Hope ya have a not too hard time getting back into Ketosis xxxx

Hi, I know but in all fairness, I have put myself in the position where temptation was always going to be a problem! I tested myself this morning and I'm still in ketosis (Don't ask me how lol!)

You are doing amazingly well. You should be so proud of yourself! You have some strong will power! :D xx

Thai

Hi Nicky,

I've investigated and apparently, cream (i think its thick/double cream) and coconut milk are quite low in the carb world. You could also just stick to a meat/veggie combo. Advice from other forums is to just ensure there is no sugar in the sauces. Let me know how you get on!!

x

Hi Nicky,

I've investigated and apparently, cream (i think its thick/double cream) and coconut milk are quite low in the carb world. You could also just stick to a meat/veggie combo. Advice from other forums is to just ensure there is no sugar in the sauces. Let me know how you get on!!

x

Thanks for the info! It went ok, I just picked at the meat and had a chicken skewer. I tested myself today and I'm still in ketosis so think I got away with it! :p x

Well done Nicky- great work indeed. Hope you are doing OK and not suffering too much from the booze!!! Big hugs xx

Day 21

The meal went really well last night. I had a small chicken on a skewer (but no satay sauce :() for a starter. For my main course I had two small pieces of chicken, 1 small piece of beef and a prawn (It was a set menu which is left on the table to help yourself!). I felt a bit fed up really as someone there kept telling me to eat more and when I politely refused and told them I was on a diet they kept making 'errmm' noises' in an attempt to make me change my mind. I've got to say it had the opposite effect and instead made me want the food even less! I find it very confusing why someone would be like that? I'm not even convinced that they were even trying to be funny. On top of that it's someone who I don't get on with very well and have clashed with at work numerous times.

Anyway, moan over! I am very pleased with my choices and feel that this made up (a little bit) for the choices I made on Friday night!

I went to Bedford with my Mum to go and buy her a new car today. At about 2pm I realised I felt a bit hungry and when I thought about it I remembered that I hadn't had a shake all day! My Mum (a known feeder) decided that we would go for lunch in a little pub, she was horrified when I asked for 2 bottles of water instead of food. I sat with her whilst she had her meal and drank my shake! Think I'm getting the hang of saying 'no'! It feels quite liberating!

Dreaded WI tomorrow! Feel really nervous seen as I have eaten 3 times this week. I hope I haven't done too much damange! :(

Hope everyone's had a good weekend. :D

Hiya Nicky
Nice one on the food choices! I think you've done excellently going out and going for meals with feeders! I find I cant face seeing anyone at the moment just in case they convince me to drink or eat! I've watched loads of films so that's ok and will be my social life for the next month at least!!
Good luck on WI. Mine is Tuesday but I wish I'd weighed myself on proper scales now so I may go do that in boots.
Night x

Good luck for WI Nicky
Marge
:)

Day 22

Morning all! Had my WI this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see that I have lost another 3lbs! :D:D:D

Not bad to say how much I have slipped up this week!!! :D

Also, I ordered some Acai berry suppliments online - have anyone tried these? A friend at work told me about them and there seems to be loads of reviews online (aswell as lots of 'free trail' scams!) Anyway, I might give them a go and see how I get on.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Nicky :)

Woo hoo....nice work Nicky- well done babes xxx

Woo hoo that's great xxx

Great news on the loss hun.

I have seen loads of ads about those berry things, never tried them but let me know how you get on....they are advertised as a 'miracle' so will be interesting to see if they are!!

xx

Great news on the loss hun.

I have seen loads of ads about those berry things, never tried them but let me know how you get on....they are advertised as a 'miracle' so will be interesting to see if they are!!

xx

Hi, thanks hun. I've seen loads about them too but a friend at work recommended them so thought I'd give them a try! I will certainly keep you posted! :D x

Day 23

Had a REALLY bad night last night. I don't know what happened but I ate about 10 chips, a sausage and about 10 sweets. I feel really cross with myself as I have knocked myself out of ketosis. (Really wasn't worth it)

I think I've been approaching this diet in the wrong way this week with the aam days. I need to start seeing it a day at a time rather than a week at a time if that makes any sense?

I hope my journey back into ketosis is not too unpleasant but then I suppose it will teach me a lesson!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Hi Nicky,

Look on the bright side, your little lapse might kick start your metabolism so you lose more this week when you're back on the wagon!! I feel your pain, I'm on day 8 and for some reason I'm really hungry today and tired. I'm watching Supersize vs Superskinny for motivation then I'm going to bed before i go to every Spar in Manchester and surrounding districts and rinse my credit card on food!!
Keep it up pal x

Back