Nicola's Cuba Countdown

I got bought them as a present for Easter - they're a little tin of chocolate balls from Thorntons - a mixture of white, milk and dark - tiny little things, but sucking on a few is enough to stave off a chocolate craving! :D Will try to take a pic of the tin later to show you x

Ohhh yummmmy must get myself some of them x

That's brilliant and inspiring for me, I'm on week 3 of a 5K training programme and also can't see how I will be able to run 5K by week 8 but we shall see! Lol.

Really well done xx

Aw thank you! :) You'll be there before you know it, I remember being where you were well! Me and my boss did a running course together and after every single week we sat and panicked about how on earth we would be running for 30 mins by the end of it! But amazingly it does just happen :D x

Weigh in done.... and 1.5 off! :D A bit gutted that I didn't get my Club 10 (only needed another half a lb!), but it's in the bag for next week surely as long as I keep on plan :)

Have been feeling a bit off colour today, so haven't really fancied eating much, but what I did eat was healthy :)

Exercise: 20 mins run @ 10.5kph (in training for doing my next 5k in less than 30 mins!), 10 mins on bike
Breakfast: Raspberries & Tea
Lunch: Veg Soup, Satsumas, WW Yogurt, Sugar Free Jelly (0.5 Syns)
Weigh-in: 1.5lbs off!
Dinner: Lamb Chops, New Potatoes, Carrots
Post Weigh-In Treats: Kit Kat Cookies & Cream (5 Syns), 4 mini meringues (4), 2 choc fix balls (0.5)
Snacks: Rocky Road HiFi Bar, 3 x Babybel Light

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 10 syns, 30 mins Exercise, 1.5lbs off :D

Think I may be using up the rest of those syns later too haha! x

Last edited:
well done on the loss chick :D x

Well done, 1.5 off is great! X

Well done you, 1.5lbs off is amazing :D you'll get that 0.5lb no problem next week, whoop whoop xx

Thank you ladies, here's hoping!! :D Am out for a curry tomorrow night and then all day drinking on Friday, so am going to have to try my very hardest for the rest of the week! Suggestions on a postcard for healthy curry options please - I'm normally a korma/passanda/tikka massala girl but all of those are terrible for syns! Will be avoiding the naan bread but allowing myself a poppadom :) x

Oh, and in other news, I'm being filmed at work tomorrow! Not really looking forward to it, as have to learn a script (and will probably get the giggles and end up doing about 20 takes), but am just so glad that I'm doing it with 19lbs less on my frame than there was at xmas time! :D x

Scales are my friend this morning... 11st 8.5lbs! :D Unofficially at Club 10 and a bit more! :D

Scales are my friend this morning... 11st 8.5lbs! :D Unofficially at Club 10 and a bit more! :D

Oooh yay! Mine showed me 11st 7.5 this morning - quite possibly a fluke but oooh I like seeing those numbers reduce!! We'll see tomorrow...but I also have a night out tomorrow, eeek!

My club 10 is 11st 5.5lb though so still a couple weigh ins at least away from that!

Well done you xx

Oooh yay! Mine showed me 11st 7.5 this morning - quite possibly a fluke but oooh I like seeing those numbers reduce!! We'll see tomorrow...but I also have a night out tomorrow, eeek!

My club 10 is 11st 5.5lb though so still a couple weigh ins at least away from that!

Well done you xx

Ooh fantastic, only 2lbs away for you, not far now!! :D

I am thoroughly amazed at my restraint today, it's nice when I have these days where I am so proud of how far I've come! I planned my curry meal to the letter and felt like I had a feast whilst staying pretty much within syns, but without that horrible bloated feeling afterwards from eating too much - it's so good! :D And I planned ahead and drove so I wouldn't be tempted by the wine during the meal, so no unnecessary syns on alcohol (saving those for tomorrow's all day drinking session!!)

Today's summary...

Breakfast: WW Yogurt, Banana, Tea (0.5)
Snacks: Grapes
Lunch: Chunky Chicken Broth, Sugarfree Jelly (0.5)
Snacks: Apple, Grapes
Exercise: 30 mins on bike at gym
Dinner: Poppadom (4), Lamb Rogan Josh (6.5), Boiled Rice, 125ml Glass Wine (4), Tsp Mango Chutney (0.5) + lots of glasses of water :D No creamy curries in sight, and friend's birthday still celebrated in style!

Summary: 0 x HEA, 0 x HEB, 16 Syns, 30 mins Exercise, & ooooodles of restraint! :D

Didn't do too well on the healthy extras - I always panic about using them up before going out for a meal so tend to have free food days, and then very few restaurant meals ever have healthy extras to be used in them! :rolleyes:

In other news, Nick Clegg came to visit us today - lots of security and cameras!!

Hope you've all had a good Thursday? It's nearly weekend time and I've got next week off work, yay!! :D xxx

Hello all! Summary for today before the drinking starts:

Breakfast: Banana & WW Yogurt
Lunch: Out at a bar so TBC
Snacks: Gin & Slimlines
Dinner: TBD, but not kebab & chips!!

Hello ladies! It's the morning after the day before, so I'm here to report the damage.... oops! Very nice day out with lots of lovely friends though so totally worth it :D

Breakfast: WW Yogurt & Banana
Lunch: 3 slices thin pizza (2 x goats cheese & peppers, 1 x duck & hoisin) & half portion of chips - HEA and ??? Syns! Oops
Drinks: ? x Gin & Slimline Tonics - so although I drank plenty, it was the best things I could drink! 2 x Jaegerbombs, not quite so good haha - ??? Syns
Dinner: Bowl of Chicken Wings (Oops again!) - ??? Syns

Summary: 1 x HEA, 0 x HEB, ??? x Syns, 0 x Exercise - not my best day!!

Today is a new day and seeing as I've been up since 6.30 thanks to my housemate's alarm clock going off at that ridiculous time I've sat and written my menu for the week and am about to head down to Sainsbury's to get my weekly shop done before the crowds wake up! I'm hoping that 6 days out of 7 being angelic will be enough to guarantee me a loss this week!! :D

Happy weekend all! May you have a skinny one! :D xx

Last edited:
Thanks both! Not feeling like I'm doing so well after doing the silly thing and stepping on the scales this morning - 11st 11.75lbs!! :eek: Where did that 3lbs come from since Thursday morning?! Hoping it's just a blip and it's gone by tomorrow :( On the plus side, it ensured I got myself motivated to get on plan again today...

Breakfast: WW Yogurt
Exercise: 50 mins at gym - 20 mins run (nearly killed me with a hangover!) and 30 mins on bike
Lunch: Pasta n Sauce made with 125ml SS Milk (half HEA), Apple, 2 Satsumas
Dinner: Chilli Con Carne filled with as much superfree as I can fit in, Boiled Rice, 15g cheese to top, and have got some guacamole so going to check that for syns before having any :)

I will get back on track after yesterday's blip!!! x

Back