Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Good luck Nic!
Sounds like youve had a cracker of a day...especially loving the sound of that chocconana eggy bread! Will defo be using that recipe for a yummy weekend brunch soon!
Xx

It's soooo yummy - consultant also suggested putting some cinnamon on top if you like it, meant to be very nice! :) I'm going to try a syn-free version next week substituting the nutella for some blueberries (got that idea in the new Waitrose magazine, it's got loads of SW-friendly meals in it for once!) :D
just popped in to subscribe after seeing your breakfast in the what's for breakfast thread, looked yummy (banana, nutella eggy bread) would never have thought about doing that going to have a peak at what other delights you cook up

Welcome Jackie! :) I have my SW consultant to thank for that one, she mentioned that it was her favourite breakfast a few months ago but I'd never got around to making it until today, great having a chocolate fix for breakfast haha! :D Hope you find some more useful ideas, let me know if you want recipes for anything x

Well good afternoon all!

Official weigh-in this morning and 0.5lbs off, so 11st 5.5lbs now :D Would have loved more but even that's an achievement after 3 days of eating all the bad food in the house (I swear I must have been eating about 5000 kcals each day!!) and drinking everything I wanted on NYE... those 4 days of being 100% on plan were worth it to ensure I didn't get a gain :)

So in group this morning I sat and wrote my menu for the coming week, and then went food shopping straight after to get everything I needed, so I am 100% set up for this week, yay! :D

Have even planned my snacking, and am about to make a big batch of butternut & chilli soup for when I get peckish throughout the week. Bought a load of laughing cow light cheese so I can snack on those in the evenings, as I often struggle to use my HEAs. I've also sat and written the syns on each of the selection pack chocolates I now have in the house (I bought the packs when they were cheap so I could have the chocs out of them as my low-syn treats) so there won't be any guessing at syn values - no excuses! :)

Now all I need to do is stick to my plan!! Weigh-in is next Wednesday (back to normal timing now xmas and ny is over), so I have 5 days to try and lose 2lbs, the target I set myself at group. Tuesday night could be tricky as I have to go out for a meal with my new team at work, so I will have to exercise my self-control... will definitely drive to avoid any alcohol syns!

So here's today's food plan...
B - Banana
L - Choconana Sandwich (B) (2), Tea
D - Thai Red Chicken Curry leftovers (4) with Rice & Green Veg
S - Butternut Squash & Chilli Soup, Strawberries, Laughing Cow Extra Light x 6 (A)

Now time to sort out the NYE photos, there are some shockers!! ;) x

Congrats for WI my lovely. And that is another lush food day you've got going on there! I'm so fancying something Thai tonight - might have to forego my Caramel Bunny (5 syns) for some low fat coconut meal!

We had some hilarious NYE photos too - they keep making me giggle every time someone comments on them on FB! xx

Haha I've not dared put mine on facebook yet, but they are hilarious! There was a huge big spinning sofa-style seat at my friend's apartment and there are about a million pictures of me flying around on it showing my pants to everyone haha! :D Need some serious vetting pre-facebook!!

Love it! One of my best friends rocked up to the party we were at, having been to another bash first, looked at my legs and shrieked 'you've got no tights on!!' She then proceeded to hike up her dress and take off her black tights in front of everyone, giving everyone a good flash of her knickers. So funny! xx

Hahaha brilliant!!! Here are a selection of the safer ones from my NYE! :D

P1010186.jpgP1010244.jpgP1010290.jpgP1010292.jpgP1010300.JPG

Aw thanks! It's from Sainsbury's and is now half price in the sale (I was tempted to go and get another one after discovering this haha!) x

Me too, they're brilliant!! I've actually run out of room in my wardrobe for all my clothes now despite getting rid of a load on ebay / to the charity shop before xmas :eek: How I ever shared it with a man I have no idea!! :D

It's fab!! But there's another 1/3 of that wardrobe that doesn't fit yet, so downwards and onwards to target and to the last 1/3 of my wardrobe :D x

End of day check-in :)

03/01/14 - 11 Syns - 11st 5.5lbs
B - Banana
L - Choconana Sandwich (B) (2), Tea
D - Thai Red Chicken Curry leftovers (4) with Rice
S - Butternut Squash & Chilli Soup, Mullerlight Mint Choc Dessert (5), Laughing Cow Extra Light x 6 (A)

Didn't get quite as much superfree in as I could have as haven't been starving hungry today (which is when I normally load up on the superfree!), so will try to eat a bit more tomorrow. Was going to have a red day but just realised that my Moroccan Lamb Tagine that I'm defrosting has chickpeas in it... doh! :rolleyes: So switching back to extra easy for tomorrow, but going to have a few green days this week too to see if it shakes my body up a bit :)

Will do weigh-in photos tomorrow morning, in theory shouldn't see a difference since have only lost 0.5lbs, but reckon some of the bloat has gone down :)

x

PS. This Butternut Squash Soup pack from Sainsbury's is amazing... I added stock, garlic and a bit more chilli and it is yummy... ready in only 20 mins too!

WP_001162.jpg

thought i'd post to say....after realising i hadn't had my 2nd HEb for my green day today, i've just tried the choconana sandwich thing i've been drooling over since you posted it the other day.
i cut it in to quarters and tried cinnamon on 1 piece...quite liked it

VERY hard not to spoon ladles of nutella into my gob whilst preparing though...i really think it should only be 1 syn per tablespoon! lol x

thought i'd post to say....after realising i hadn't had my 2nd HEb for my green day today, i've just tried the choconana sandwich thing i've been drooling over since you posted it the other day.
i cut it in to quarters and tried cinnamon on 1 piece...quite liked it

VERY hard not to spoon ladles of nutella into my gob whilst preparing though...i really think it should only be 1 syn per tablespoon! lol x

Haha I think my consultant has started a new thing with sharing this recipe with me!! :D Totally with you on the nutella thing though, I had to put the spoon straight into water afterwards to prevent myself from going back for seconds while it was cooking! :D

Well morning ladies, just woke up from THE best dream ever... I'd rented an apartment and they'd left posh chocolates in every room, so I absolutely gorged myself!! :D And not a syn in sight because it was all in the land of nod!! :D (God help me if I ever start sleepwalking though haha)

Today is going to be a throroughly lazy day where I finally catch up on all my xmas tv (still haven't watched the Downton Abbey Xmas special!!), so I'm planning lots of lovely comfort food to accompany... :D

B - SW Grill-Up (Bacon, Egg, LM Sausages, Tomatoes, Beans, Mushrooms, Potato Cakes)
L - Moroccan Lamb Tagine (3) leftovers with Veg
D - Pitta Pizza (B) with Ham, Mushroom, Tomato & Mozzarella (A), and SW Chips

Hope you've all got nice things planned for your weekends? xx

Back