Nic's Food Diary

Thanks lovelies. I hope my son gets the grades he needs, but we'll have to wait until August to find out!!

So I weighed in this morning (on my own - no hubby with a clipboard and badge Serena lol). I have lost 1lb. Considering I have resisted all temptation in the way of cake this week I am a little disappointed but at least it's going in the right direction :) 1lb after all is 1lb.

Going to meet my Dad in a little while.
Until later lovelies. I will be back to catch up later on.

Nic xx

Thanks lovelies. I hope my son gets the grades he needs, but we'll have to wait until August to find out!! So I weighed in this morning (on my own - no hubby with a clipboard and badge Serena lol). I have lost 1lb. Considering I have resisted all temptation in the way of cake this week I am a little disappointed but at least it's going in the right direction :) 1lb after all is 1lb. Going to meet my Dad in a little while. Until later lovelies. I will be back to catch up later on. Nic xx

Hi Nic! I'm very disappointed that there was no name badge and no clipboard, you let the side down ;-) I too was disappointed with my 1lb yesterday after resisting cake etc but as everyone tells me it's a loss, it's going in the right direction and sometimes these things take time to catch up! So keep your head held up high and be proud of your loss because everyone is so proud of you x

Guess what lovelies! Yet more cake at work today. This time it was my favourite..........carrot cake :() but I didn't have any, even I am amazed by my willpower xx

Well done on the fab willpower!

Evening lovelies

Today has been a ggreat day food wise and i'm really happy with my food choices. Unfortunately, my blood pressure has been really high recently, possibly due to stress so I am currently having a 24-hour blood pressure trace done it's really annoying and takes my BP every half an hour until 10pm and then every hour until 6am so I doubt I'll get much sleep :) also had ECG and loads of blood tests as well, my GP is very thorough.x

Had 24hr bp monitor last year, horrible thing! Hope your gp gets bp sorted for you.

Eveni. lovelies
todaa'm shattered! I didn't get much sleep last nigh I hope I never have to have 24-hour BP done ever again :(

Today was also my sons last day at school and his final GCSE today, maths. I cannot believe he's finished school. Doesn't seem long since his first day at school in January 2003 I cried then, I cried when he left primary school and I cried today as well - I'm such a softie and he is my only child so I'm allowed :)xx

I'm exactly the same, son will be leaving primary school at the end of this term and I just know I will be in bits!

Thanks lovelies. I hope my son gets the grades he needs, but we'll have to wait until August to find out!!

So I weighed in this morning (on my own - no hubby with a clipboard and badge Serena lol). I have lost 1lb. Considering I have resisted all temptation in the way of cake this week I am a little disappointed but at least it's going in the right direction :) 1lb after all is 1lb.

Going to meet my Dad in a little while.
Until later lovelies. I will be back to catch up later on.

Nic xx

Fingers crossed your son gets the grades he needs.

Well done on your loss, 1lb is a good healthy loss.

Hi Nic! I'm very disappointed that there was no name badge and no clipboard, you let the side down ;-) I too was disappointed with my 1lb yesterday after resisting cake etc but as everyone tells me it's a loss, it's going in the right direction and sometimes these things take time to catch up! So keep your head held up high and be proud of your loss because everyone is so proud of you x

Sorry to disappoint Serena :) hubby wasn't here when I weighed in this morning. I know 1lb is good but I still feel disappointed. I need to look at it more like you do by saying I've lost 8 1\2 lb in 5 weeks which sounds much better :)

Well done on your 1b loss Nic, better than STS or gain. On to Week 6 :)

Hi Helen. Yeah I know it could have been a lot worse, but I am still a little disappointed it wasn't more. I suppose 1lb a week loss is much better than a 1lb a week gain which I have been doing (plus more in the recent past)!

Well done on the fab willpower!

Had 24hr bp monitor last year, horrible thing! Hope your gp gets bp sorted for you

I'm exactly the same, son will be leaving primary school at the end of this term and I just know I will be in bits!

Fingers crossed your son gets the grades he needs.

Well done on your loss, 1lb is a good healthy loss.

Thanks sammy. I know when your child finishes one stage in their life it's difficult. I cried every time he started a new stage. He has gone to a party tonight at a school friends house, which all his friends are going to, and I will be sat here worrying about him until he comes back. He has a curfew of 10.30, which is the latest I have ever given him. I'm terrified of all the horrible things that could happen but I have to lean to trust him and start to let him do more as he gets older as I fear my worry will only get worse the older he gets!

Nic xx

Week 6 - Day 1 (Pro Points)

Evening lovelies

Today has been busy in one way or another and I am very late in posting this. My hubby is watching football so I get the laptop which makes for easier posting on here rather than using my tablet which takes ages hubby keeps randomly singing Brazil to annoy me! Gotta love him :)

I spent the afternoon/ evening with my Dad catching up and drinking coffee. I haven't seen him for 2 weeks for one reason or another and it was lovely to see him.

Food for today:

Milk - 1\2 pint skimmed milk (2)

B - 30g Fruit and fibre with skimmed milk from allowance (3)

L - Coffees :)

D - 3 lamb samosa (27) !!!
I know a lot but I only got in frrom my Dad's at 8.00 and couldn't be bothered to cook after I had, had a shower and got changed.

S - Minc choc cornetto (5)

37 pro points altogether (oops will have to rein it in for the rest of the week):sigh:

26/26 dailies
11/49 weeklies

Laters
Nic xx

Sorry to disappoint Serena :) hubby wasn't here when I weighed in this morning. I know 1lb is good but I still feel disappointed. I need to look at it more like you do by saying I've lost 8 1\2 lb in 5 weeks which sounds much better :) Hi Helen. Yeah I know it could have been a lot worse, but I am still a little disappointed it wasn't more. I suppose 1lb a week loss is much better than a 1lb a week gain which I have been doing (plus more in the recent past)! Thanks sammy. I know when your child finishes one stage in their life it's difficult. I cried every time he started a new stage. He has gone to a party tonight at a school friends house, which all his friends are going to, and I will be sat here worrying about him until he comes back. He has a curfew of 10.30, which is the latest I have ever given him. I'm terrified of all the horrible things that could happen but I have to lean to trust him and start to let him do more as he gets older as I fear my worry will only get worse the older he gets! Nic xx

That's the spirit Nicky, 8.5lbs in 5wks is FAB :) You should be very proud of yourself. X

Evening lovelies Today has been busy in one way or another and I am very late in posting this. My hubby is watching football so I get the laptop which makes for easier posting on here rather than using my tablet which takes ages hubby keeps randomly singing Brazil to annoy me! Gotta love him :) I spent the afternoon/ evening with my Dad catching up and drinking coffee. I haven't seen him for 2 weeks for one reason or another and it was lovely to see him. Food for today: Milk - 1\2 pint skimmed milk (2) B - 30g Fruit and fibre with skimmed milk from allowance (3) L - Coffees :) D - 3 lamb samosa (27) !!! I know a lot but I only got in frrom my Dad's at 8.00 and couldn't be bothered to cook after I had, had a shower and got changed. S - Minc choc cornetto (5) 37 pro points altogether (oops will have to rein it in for the rest of the week):sigh: 26/26 dailies 11/49 weeklies Laters Nic xx

Wow at the Samosas! Who'd of thought they could be 27pp! Hope u enjoyed them and you still have 38 weeklies to use so I shouldn't worry too much. X

That's the spirit Nicky, 8.5lbs in 5wks is FAB :) You should be very proud of yourself. X

Wow at the Samosas! Who'd of thought they could be 27pp! Hope u enjoyed them and you still have 38 weeklies to use so I shouldn't worry too much. X

I am proud of myself Serena, I am doing better than I have in a long time with weight loss largely due to this forum. The support you get on here is fantastic and as I have said before I don't think you'd get as much support in group. Whether we have lost weight, gained or STS each week we pick each other up and carry on.

I was going to cook a meal, but I got in later than expected and hubby suggested the samosas that were in the freezer. I pointed them from the NV on the packet, but they only came out at 2pp each which I presumed was the before frying pp! So I got on google and found a list of indian restaurant points and found samosas between 5 and 9 points so I decided to err on the side of caution and point them at 9 pp each :( never mind we live and learn, but they were absolutely delicious and I suppose worth the pp in the end lol xx

Morning hunny! Well done on the loss hun...1lb is fab, as is 8.5lb in 5 weeks! How are you today? Hope you've had a good weekend so far! Xx

Thanks for the congrats hunni. I doing great thank you and my weekend so far has been good. Hope you're well xx

Week 6, Day 2 (pro points)

Morning lovalues
Here is my meal plan for the day:-

B - 30g Tesco fruit and fibre (3)
Milk allowance 3/4 pint (3)

Skinny milky coffee from milk allowance

L - 1 x warby thin with 1/2 tin tesco value spaghetti (6)

D - Corned beef hash (corned beef, tinned tomatos, onions, oxo cube) (5)
Mashed potato 150 g (no butter. skimmed milk only) (3)
Carrots (0)

sugar free jelly & tinned peaches

2 x satsuma

Mint choc cornetto (5)

so far 25/26 pp

Be back later to update

Nic xx

Last edited:
Food Plan looks good :) I think maybe you were a bit over cautious with your pp-ing of the samosas? X PS-Minis really does rock, I wouldn't do as good without it! X

Maybe I did over estimate the pp in the samosas but I'd rather that than under estimate. They were deep fried after all. Most of all they were extremely yummy and there are more in the freezer lol xx

Maybe I did over estimate the pp in the samosas but I'd rather that than under estimate. They were deep fried after all. Most of all they were extremely yummy and there are more in the freezer lol xx

Mmmmmmm! I do love a Samosa!my Aunties used to make them and they were so tasty! D

Week 6, day 3 - pro points

Evening lovelies

Food for today today, for a Monday lol. My food for today:-

Milk allowance 1/2 pint skimmed milk (2)

B - tesco fruit and fibre 30g (3)

S - tesco value cereal bar (2)

L - 2 x warby thins with 1/3 jar crab paste (7)
Sainsburys cheese curls (2)

2 satsumas (0)

D - 1/3 tesco value four cheese pizza (7)
Homemade jacket wedges (350g raw) (7)
Tesco value salad cream 15g (2)

Tinned peaches and sugar free jelly (0)

Dailies 26/26
Weeklies 12/49

Love nic xx

Evening lovelies

Food for today today, for a Monday lol. My food for today:-

Milk allowance 1/2 pint skimmed milk (2)

B - tesco fruit and fibre 30g (3)

S - tesco value cereal bar (2)

L - 2 x warby thins with 1/3 jar crab paste (7)
Sainsburys cheese curls (2)

2 satsumas (0)

D - 1/3 tesco value four cheese pizza (7)
Homemade jacket wedges (350g raw) (7)
Tesco value salad cream 15g (2)

Tinned peaches and sugar free jelly (0)

Dailies 26/26
Weeklies 12/49

Love nic xx

Your pizza is excellent value, is that a fresh or frozen one? X

The pizza is a frozen one. 20pp for the whole pizza but I had 1/3 which I pointed at 7. It only cost £1 a well :). xx

The pizza is a frozen one. 20pp for the whole pizza but I had 1/3 which I pointed at 7. It only cost £1 a well :). xx

Wow Nicky! That's excellent value on PP and £s! X

Evening lovelies Food for today today, for a Monday lol. My food for today:- Milk allowance 1/2 pint skimmed milk (2) B - tesco fruit and fibre 30g (3) S - tesco value cereal bar (2) L - 2 x warby thins with 1/3 jar crab paste (7) Sainsburys cheese curls (2) 2 satsumas (0) D - 1/3 tesco value four cheese pizza (7) Homemade jacket wedges (350g raw) (7) Tesco value salad cream 15g (2) Tinned peaches and sugar free jelly (0) Dailies 26/26 Weeklies 12/49 Love nic xx

So was this your food for today then? LOL

Back