Nigeepoo

No need, VLCD's have a great side affect of lowering blood pressure ;)

Thanks nige, i do appreciate what you've been saying - both from a scientists point of view and from a fat persons point of view.

I think there'll be a few people in the atkins forum desperate for your advice, it seems to be based on your own experiences and so very valuable.

Please don't think we're all just evil and bitchy, we are just trying our best and it takes sooooo much energy and willpower.

Love Leah xxxx

I did Atkins for over 3 years and would rather recommend CD any day!

What would we do without humour??!!!! Why are you stressed Leah? Those that drink brandy AND babycham together just have "no idea". My dad used to say to us "you may have a brandy or whisky as long as you dont "*******ise it". He was a connaisseur of both! Brandy & Coke, brandy & babycham, whatever next!!!!! :D

Stressed cos i have a LOT of uni work to do. Not fun doing a dissertation you know nothing about!

Does my head in when you warm a brandy balloon and then the idiots ask for ice! WELL TOUGH, i'm stil charging you for the extra shot :D

thanks nige, but no. Simply cos of this sentence: The ability of EB1089 to induce apoptosis in colorectal carcinoma cells suggests that this or other vitamin D analogues may prove clinically effective for the treatment of colorectal cancer. Furthermore, the fact that it induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in the premalignant adenoma cells may suggest an application in colorectal cancer chemoprevention.

The TRAIL and TWEEK act differently, and high doses (as suggested in that paper) of supplements can have an inflammtory effect on "healthy" cells. TRAIL is a potential therapeutic cos of its specificity and lack of side effects when joined to an appropriate ligand (ie, monocolnal antibody) or when enahnced by a high dose of a cell surface receptor.

What a mouthfull!

Lol, and don't kill me but it's WAY too old!

Yep! See, i was serious!!

Most of my papers are 2005 - 2008. We get severly penalised for using old papers for critical analysis. Cos the field of biology/biochem/biomol/genetic has come so far in the last 80 years, we can't use "old" info xxx

I just wanna say "thank you" to those that have PM'd me, given me rep and even text me about this (original) post.

It took a while to get down on paper as the thoughts were just stuck inside and refused to come out in a sensible way.

I find it all to easy to rant/ramble, but thank you so much for the feedback - i REALLy appreciate it xxxx

NO! I refuse to be in this environment!

As a bar tender to the stars (yes, i have served wesley snipes, all the welsh/england/fance/ireland/NZ ruggers teams, most of the recent big bro stars and most welsh musicians) i refuse for two of my fav people to drink such an awful combo of alcohol.

Sort it out laydeys!!

Is Baileys and Cointreau acceptable?!!!!! :rotflmao:

If added to kahlua to make a B52 :D

I just wanted to add my own plaudits to a brilliantly worded and intelligently thought-out original post. Well done Leah - and I'm looking forward to meeting you in Belfast even more than ever now! :happy096:

Good luck with your dissertation, honey. I just wish I understood a fraction of what you wrote about though ... ;)

As for being 'male and an engineer' Nige - you're not alone on here. Our Mindless is both of those too :)

But where is Mindless?

Somebody mention my name?

As a 'male and a former engineer' - well not so much of the former as you never know when you may need to revert, so lets call it 'lapsed engineer', I have just been catching up on posts.

I may not have much to say these days - well difficult to type whilst running, sleeping or working (which fill around 99.9% of the time these days) - I tend to spend the other 0.1% lurking.

It would seem that poor old nigepoos has attracted some 'comment' and is all under the 'focus' of the minimisers

I am an experienced parctioners of both Atkins and Cambridge so being so 'learned' (pronounced ler-n -ed) have a view

Atkins - a good way to try and have control whilst eating normal food but open to abuse as men in particular think its an ideal way to eat loads of bacon and eggs and MEAT in all shapes and forms - which beautifully ignores the old energy in HAS TO BE LESS than energy out for weight loss to be successful.

Its a kind of food avoidance therapy that does work FOR A WHILE until the underlying volume consumption does for you.

Its also un-healthy as it does not ensure a balanced diet of vitamins and minerals or give a 'break' from food to allow true eating habits to be evaluated.

Cambridge - gives a total break from normal food so that not ont only do you lose weight but you change your eating habits so fundamentally that you have time to think and resolve what causes overeating. HOWEVER, it does have the burden of the dreaded 're-introduction' of normality and if you haven't tried to resolve the food related issues that got you fat in the first place then you got major problems.

Its like a friend who looks after you, something that gives you internal 'hugs' and can be a huge wrench when you move back into real eating.

BUT thats just a symptom of why you're fat in the first place - a form of affection to fill a void

I haven't written a paper on it (although am a published author in a learned publication - remember the pronounciation !) and fight to find a challenge to replace the cambridge buzz that really does exist when you get into it - but have succeeded on cambridge in a way that Atkins NEVER enabled.

My weight is the same now as at when I got goal and for crikeys sake, normal food and booze are back in the regime - and thats after 4 months - nothing compared to some - a friggin mircle compared to my Atkins experience!

I am sure I have added nothing to the debate except to say, CD > Atkins and thats an empircal formula LOL

By the way - superb, brilliant, learned (pronounce as you wish), debate

xx

Somebody mention my name?

As a 'male and a former engineer' - well not so much of the former as you never know when you may need to revert, so lets call it 'lapsed engineer', I have just been catching up on posts.

I may not have much to say these days - well difficult to type whilst running, sleeping or working (which fill around 99.9% of the time these days) - I tend to spend the other 0.1% lurking.

It would seem that poor old nigepoos has attracted some 'comment' and is all under the 'focus' of the minimisers

I am an experienced parctioners of both Atkins and Cambridge so being so 'learned' (pronounced ler-n -ed) have a view

Atkins - a good way to try and have control whilst eating normal food but open to abuse as men in particular think its an ideal way to eat loads of bacon and eggs and MEAT in all shapes and forms - which beautifully ignores the old energy in HAS TO BE LESS than energy out for weight loss to be successful.

Its a kind of food avoidance therapy that does work FOR A WHILE until the underlying volume consumption does for you.

Its also un-healthy as it does not ensure a balanced diet of vitamins and minerals or give a 'break' from food to allow true eating habits to be evaluated.

Cambridge - gives a total break from normal food so that not ont only do you lose weight but you change your eating habits so fundamentally that you have time to think and resolve what causes overeating. HOWEVER, it does have the burden of the dreaded 're-introduction' of normality and if you haven't tried to resolve the food related issues that got you fat in the first place then you got major problems.

Its like a friend who looks after you, something that gives you internal 'hugs' and can be a huge wrench when you move back into real eating.

BUT thats just a symptom of why you're fat in the first place - a form of affection to fill a void

I haven't written a paper on it (although am a published author in a learned publication - remember the pronounciation !) and fight to find a challenge to replace the cambridge buzz that really does exist when you get into it - but have succeeded on cambridge in a way that Atkins NEVER enabled.

My weight is the same now as at when I got goal and for crikeys sake, normal food and booze are back in the regime - and thats after 4 months - nothing compared to some - a friggin mircle compared to my Atkins experience!

I am sure I have added nothing to the debate except to say, CD > Atkins and thats an empircal formula LOL

By the way - superb, brilliant, learned (pronounce as you wish), debate

xx

Loved reading this just before bed Mr M..:D

Easy, informed and humourous reading...as always from you, my learned (pronounced ler-n-ed :D) friend....:):):)

NO! I refuse to be in this environment!

As a bar tender to the stars (yes, i have served wesley snipes, all the welsh/england/fance/ireland/NZ ruggers teams, most of the recent big bro stars and most welsh musicians) i refuse for two of my fav people to drink such an awful combo of alcohol.

Sort it out laydeys!!

Wesley Snipes??!!!!!!!!....ohhhhh....what I couldn't do for Wesley....lol:D

I disagree about it only working for a while. If you have a metabolism like mine, low-carbing is the only way of eating that keeps my monstrous appetite under control, eliminates post-meal drowsiness and gives the best lipid profile - ever. I've been doing it since 1997 and when I was temporarily persuaded to eat some "healthy carbs" by my mates on Aunty Beeb, everything went pear-shaped. It was only when I went back to low-carbing that everything went un-pear-shaped again. So, for me, low-carbing is going to be for the rest of my life.
I disagree. I eat meats, poultry, fish, eggs, cheese, Quorn, veggies & some fruit, with the occasional slice of Burgen soya & linseed bread. What's unbalanced about that? I do supplement as should everyone nowadays, as you don't know what animals have been fed on or what fertilizers have been used to grow veggies & fruit. Then there's the Vitamin D problem where 100% RDA is utterly inadequate. What are "true" eating habits?

Cheers, Nige (off to bed, now)

Back