Night shift Swers?

ok second week in and i lost .5 lb im happy as its 6 pounds off in 2 weeks although.. im a night shift worker and was back on at work trhis week and feel it really has thrown me.. feel i havent lost as much cause ive not eaten enough.. that sound right??

any advice from how any other night shift workers mangae to eat .. i struggle to eat after about 1.30 am.. I work 12 hr shifts too..

many thanks x x

6 pounds in 2 weeks is brilliant, well done to you. Perhaps see how the next week goes (if you're doing night shifts again) on the plan. Are you not eating enough because you're not hungry around 1:30am onwards? Sorry i havnt ever done shift work before, but i would imagine it would be hard for me to get use to eating that time.

I hope next weeks weigh in goes well for you.

x

Hey, when I am on nights I tend to take fruit with me and snack on that through the night rather than try and eat a meal, I usually have tea before I start though. How long do you sleep the following day, I am pretty bad and only sleep for about 5 hours so I can try and live a "normal" life too, luckily don't have nights too often!!! 6 lbs in 2 weeks is really good :) Know what you mean about not losing much because you don't eat enough, are you very active on a night shift? Maybe burning more energy might make you hungrier? Best of luck x

On nights as we speak.......lol

I do 3 x 22:00 till 06:00 every 2 wks
The first day can be a bit of a struggle as up early so i have b/fast dinner and tea at normal times. I do get hungry on nights so try to save any HEB's and snack on fruit, syn free soup and any syns left.
On the last 2 nights will have b/fast when i get up, then tea before work and have what i would normally have for dinner at work when i get hungry. hope this helps x

I do 7 shifts in a row every 4 weeks and work 00.30 until 9am. After the first couple of days I can change my eating times, so will have breakfast before work, dinner at work and tea when I get in.

However, on the first day I'm up for most of the day before I go so I try and keep everything free so have lots of salad and fruit I also do this on the last day as I like to stay up once I've finished at 9am so I get my sleep pattern on track.

I think the big key to it is planning what you are going to eat, I like to make sure I take lots of fruit as I am in an office on my own lots of the time and also like to use my HeB for alpen light.

I do 12 hr nights on a rolling rota-3 days, 3 nights, 3 off and just treat each night like a normal day. I take lots of food in with me so I don't get hungry-fruit, yogurts, soups and usually crackerbreads and cheese! I cut off each SW day with sleep, so the first night is the end of a long day, and the last one is a short day. Hope that makes sense. I've posted my food on my weightloss diary if you want to look :)

I do 7 shifts in a row every 4 weeks and work 00.30 until 9am. After the first couple of days I can change my eating times, so will have breakfast before work, dinner at work and tea when I get in.

However, on the first day I'm up for most of the day before I go so I try and keep everything free so have lots of salad and fruit I also do this on the last day as I like to stay up once I've finished at 9am so I get my sleep pattern on track.

I think the big key to it is planning what you are going to eat, I like to make sure I take lots of fruit as I am in an office on my own lots of the time and also like to use my HeB for alpen light.

Gonna check out your blog, about time i set up my own really lol x

hi, i also do 3 12.5 night shifts a week. I dont really sleep the days after my nights as i have a 2 year old, but do one on one off. I have my normal meals in the day, and take fruit and a hifi bar to work, i do red days generally so get 2 he a and b chices which helps me. i have lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks. Lots of coffee!!!!!!!! if you get time, im a midwife so not always time to eat anyway. good luck.x

Hiya, im a midwife as well and dont do constant nights (bloody hate them), but still do them every 2 weeks or so... starting 2 nights tonight :(

Anyways, i treat it as normal aswell. I have my diner as normal before i go out, some fruit around my 9pm break (if i get it) and then i have my 'lunch' (normally baked potatoe made in micro) around my 1am break (again, if i get it) and then my 'breakfast' (usually scrambled egg and toast) at my 5am break and i drink loadsa tea in between. I am then sleeping all the next day so it works ok.

I have done slimming world before and lost almost 2 stone and it didnt affect my weight loss at all.

Back