Nike + iPod Sport Kit

raudi

One Last Time.......
Hi all

Well just starting training for the first 5k in July (i'm yhoping to do a few this year and a couple of 10ks :eek: ) and have just bought myself a new ipod nano 2g on ebay £60 bargain! to use with the Nike + iPod Sport Kit that i have invested in, my friend uses one of these and raves about it!

Anyone here used one??

Hi Rachel

I've got it too but it is still new so not used it properly yet. Keep in touch maybe we can learn together.

Dizzy x

That would be great, hope to have mine and be up and running (excuse the pun) by the weekend!

I wore mine at the gym the other day just to see what it picked up but it didn't register very much activity for that so it really is just for running and walking. In fact it probably only picked up the treadmill.

Especially now the days are longer and better I would like to attempt a little run. Should be good for building up slowly.

I noticed on itunes that you can buy training plans with music to download for the system. I may look into doing that if I find I am getting on well with the system.

Must buzz off now need to get to the gym today now my triceps are painfree again!

Dizzy x

i invested in a training plan and some running music last nigth......

have fun at the gym, i'm currently aching from golf!

i invested in a training plan and some running music last nigth......

have fun at the gym, i'm currently aching from golf!

Just going it wasn't as late as I thought. I'd be interested in what you think of the training plan as I am interested.

Dizzy x

ohnce my new ipod arrives will let you know... going to sync with my mini one too...

Hi all

Well just starting training for the first 5k in July (i'm yhoping to do a few this year and a couple of 10ks :eek: ) and have just bought myself a new ipod nano 2g on ebay £60 bargain! to use with the Nike + iPod Sport Kit that i have invested in, my friend uses one of these and raves about it!

Anyone here used one??

Ooh how much was the nike sports kit? My h2b really wants one, and as he already has an ipod the sports kit might be a nice present when he gets back from sea:D

It's only £19.99 from the Apple shop, you can order them online They are only compatable with the Nano tho

Well hopefully ipod will be arriving this week, i'm itching to try it with the NIKE + sport kit :)

Have all my running music ready to be downloaded.......

Gonna get my feet properly fitted at the end of the month in bluewater... Def need my feet with properly fitting shoes as they roll inwards when i run and can cause shin splints!

Hi Tom

I have one and haven't got arund to using it properly yet. Would be glad of a challenge. Will PM you. Just hope I'm up to it!

Dizzy x

I have set up a challenge - First to run 50 miles :)

Hoepfully this will motivate some members to join up and compete with us ;-)

Lesley, the Nike+ sports kit works with iPod nano.

It basically is a sensor which sits inside your shoe, and then a receiver which connects to your nano.

Whilst running, you get vocal feedback, whilst playing your music, about distance, speed, calories burnt, time etc. You can also select "Power songs" which can be played whilst running.

Once the run is complete, you sync the run data via iTunes and it uploads to the Nikeplus.com website. Check out www.nikeplus.com for some examples of how it tracks and monitors your progress.

Like us, people can set up challenges, and invite others to compete to various variables, such as total distance, most calories burnt, etc...

Its great fun, and a massive motivator. Its like your very own personal trainer in your iPod nano!!!

Highly recommended±

It basically is a sensor which sits inside your shoe, and then a receiver which connects to your nano.

Does it work in ANY shoes? I bought myself a pair of brand spankin' Nike Air Pegusus and whilst i was in the Nike shop i saw a lot of the running shoes had tags on which said Nike+. I was unsure what they were but now i know i want a kit! Challenges would be great and would keep me motivated! But i'm not sure whether the sensor would sit inside my shoe? Do you know Tommee or shall i just go back to the Nike shop and ask?

Hi, I am new to running too. I started about 8 weeks ago as a way to keep the weight off! I have now officially caught the 'bug'!! I don't have a nano so can't get the ipod kit. I have a 20g ipod though so I can't really justify the cost of buying a nano too!

I use MapMyRun.com to map out my run. It works out the distance of your run.

My longest run to date was 3.75 miles on Monday, I am going again today! I am entered into a 5km in June.

It is great to find others who are new to running and share tips. If anyone lives near an Aldi they have running stuff from tomorrow, running socks, £1.99 and trousers £6.99. There is other stuff too.

Can I join in with a challenge too please?

Keep running everyone!

Dawn

Does it work in ANY shoes? I bought myself a pair of brand spankin' Nike Air Pegusus and whilst i was in the Nike shop i saw a lot of the running shoes had tags on which said Nike+. I was unsure what they were but now i know i want a kit! Challenges would be great and would keep me motivated! But i'm not sure whether the sensor would sit inside my shoe? Do you know Tommee or shall i just go back to the Nike shop and ask?

Hi BW

Yopu can buy little velcro straps to attach the sensor to other shoes. I got mine from ebay v cheap and work fine.

Dizzy x

Hi all

well just back from my first run/walk/run etc (its been a while as i injured my knee) completed 2.7 miles in 47 mins...

I hope to improve

I got my new shoes and i must admit i'm so glad i bought the Nana from ebay the IPOD Nike + Kit is amazing and so good...

I've downloaded the endurance and treadmill training

Have PM'd re the challenge

Have accepted the challenge! :D

Although thought there would be more.........so can i tempt anyone else to join the challenge?

Back