Nikki's diary - nearly there!

n3blo

Hi, I have decided to start writing a diary to try and shift this last 11lb. Having looked back at the calender over the past year I can say I have pretty much maintained my weight, but need to shift this last bit. Positive thinking, it can be done. My problem is I have a sweet tooth and love chocolate too much. Here goes! Nikki x

Friday - Green Day

A - skimmed milk (tea & coffee) A - 30g cheese
B - 2 x Alpen light bars
Syns - Freddo frog (5)

Breakfast - Alpen light

Lunch - Cheese and pickled onions, carrot sticks

Tea - Omelette with onions, tomatoes, peppers. Baked beans.

Snack - Alpen light

Went out for a 4 mile run this morning too :)

Hi Nikki, good luck with your last bit! Did you lose weight originally with sw?. I have about 8lb left to lose (though its probably more like 11 after the Xmas goodies!)
I love chocolate/pudding too, have you tried any of the sw style desserts? I make the tiramisu quite often and find it hits the spot. Chocolate buttons/maltesers are quite long lasting too x

Hi Rosie, yes originally done slimming world (along with other diets over the years). Christmas has definitely added a few pounds on! I need to take a look at some dessert options, but it is mainly evening snacking especially when I'm working late (like tonight!) that I need chocolate - normally a large bar of whole nut!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Saturday - green day

A - skimmed milk (porridge and tea)
A - 30g cheese
B - porridge oats
B - 2 x Alpen light

Syns - 2x caramel snack a jacks (5)
- teaspoon honey (1)

Breakfast
Porridge with honey and banana

Lunch
Cheese, pickled onions, pineapple and apple.
snack a jack
orange

Dinner - I was running very late and has to leave for work at 5 so only managed time to eat half a tin of baked beans!

Snacks at work tonight
Snack a jack
Apple

Last edited:
Sounds like a good day! Your honey is 1syn per tsp :)
Snacks are a tricky one, I work from home usually & struggle with it myself. I like a ploughman's type plate if I can spare a hexa of cheese- pickled onions, apple, grapes etc
Hummus and cold roasted veggies, hard boiled eggs, yoghurt, cold fruit.. The usual really!
Darent face the scales- when's your WI day? X

I just have to not eat when I get in from work as it's going to be late and don't think it will be anything productive, I don't want to ruin the day! Weigh in is on Wednesday so we shall see how it goes. Hubby fancies a roast tomorrow so I will have to think carefully about what I put on my plate, but it can be done. I also need to encourage the little one to finish eating his christmas chocs so I'm not tempted to do it for him!

Have just subscribed to your diary, will take a look tomorrow for some inspiration! When is your weigh in? x

What do you do? I would find working late hard! Hope you enjoy your roast :) the Christmas choc situation is dreadful. OH is going to work this aft & I plan to hide all of ours and ration it- save him from himself lol.
I think I'm WI on mondays- I did lasted week and it showed an odd loss so I'm expecting a 'gain' tomorrow- probably ought to change the batteries! X

I am a Nanny for a couple of families but find myself working most Friday and Saturday nights. The day times I find okay as more prepared with food!

Did you manage to hide and ration the choc's okay? Good luck with your weigh in, positive thinking is the way forward! x

Ahh I can imagine you work some strange hours to fit round everybody! I looked after two little ones for a year between college & uni and it was nice but hard work & hours!
I did manage to hide everything except a packet of biscuits but he will cave immediately if there's no treats at all!
Thanks! I'm full expecting a bit of a gain tomo just praying I'm under 10.10.. Much more would feel like a big step back :-/ x

Sunday - Red

A - skimmed milk (porridge & tea)
A - 30g cheese
B - 35g porridge oats
B - 200g new potatoes

Syns
1tsp golden syrup (1)
1tsp extra virgin olive oil (2)
Bisto gravy (3)
3 snack a jacks (6)

Breakfast
Porridge with raspberries and golden syrup

Lunch
Cheese and pickled onions

Dinner
Roast chicken, roasted new potatoes, peas, carrots, onion and gravy.

Snacks
Banana, apple, fat free yoghurt

Hey Rosie, well I completely lost it this week!! I went for a 7 mile run earlier in the week then the next day had every craving possible! Well, I consumed 4, yes 4, scones with clotted cream and jam, along with pizza and chocolate too! One of the boys is poorly this week and not sleeping well so not had much sleep at night either. That said I did loose 1lb but pretty sure it is going to catch up with me. Struggling to get back on track but going to focus more this weekend!

How about you? How was weigh in? X

Oh no! Hope it doesn't catch up with you- your run must count for at least the scones and pizza (*drool*). Rubbish to no sleep too- I've read a few people on the forum are struggling a bit, even I am and I could sleep on a washing line usually ;-)
I don't WI til Monday but a sneaky peek year showed a loss so its spurred me on.
What have you got planned this weekend? Good luck getting back on track! X

Back