Nikkis diary

Hi Nikki,

Wow the house is coming on really well. It will be brilliant to have a house you designed with everything the way you want it.

It must be the best feeling in the world to be a size 14 and to be able to wander into any shop and buy what you really like and not what fits:D. I cant wait to move down the sizes - I think I would be bankrupt in a month though because I have quite a few years of wearing drab black outfits to make up for! My mum is a size 12/14 and she is a really trendy mum - still wears jeans and lovely designer tops etc at 60. She has always said that if I was her size I could take my pick from her wardrobe and I cant wait!

This week is a bit of a write off for me as I have at least 3 birthday meals out to deal with. I am aiming to sts on the scales next week and then follow the plan to the letter after that when the kids go back to school and I can get a routine going again;).

Anyway enough of my babbling. Take care love and post soon :).

Ax

aw thank you so much andi - sorry its taking me so long to reply! I know, Im a disaster. I am so excited about the house, its not exactly what I would have wanted (planning restrictions are sooooo tight) so you can only do so much, but Im not complaining! still love it!!

Wish my mam had all those lovely clothes for me to pinch like yours.. :D that must be a fantastic motivation though... hope you did sts (will be catching up on your diary now in a mo) thanks a mill for your lovely posts xx

Your house looks fab mate,and well done being in size 14:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks so much Paula - will have more photos to come in the next few weeks, house has been delayed this week (bloody builders!!:mad:) but roof should be going on the week after next or so x hope your doing well x

Hey Nikki, great pics of your house, it's really coming along isn't it. Hubby had a nosey at them as well :D
Well done on getting into a size 14 :party0011: What an achievement! That's my next aim, I'm in my size 16 pre-pregnancy jeans but said to my mum I'm not buying myself anymore as the next pair I want to buy are a size 14.
You're doing a great job, keep it up love!
Look forward to hearing more progress reports on the house :D
xx

Nails, I think that is a really fantastic idea (not buying anymore of a certain size), when I first tried on a size 16 and it fit (just about) I refused, point blank to buy anything but a 16, now that I got into a 14, I refuse to buy any other size (you know, depending on the shop - you may need to go up a size - I wont do that!! )

Are you and hubby thinking of building too?

Wow!! Wow on the house and SUPER wow on the size 14!!!! What a boost that must be!!!

I can't believe how quickly your house is coming together! I was expecting it still to just be holes in the ground, I didn't expect an actual house, hahaha!! (Ok, so I just read that back and 'holes in the ground' perhaps shows my lack of knowledge in building work, but I know what I mean, lol). How exciting to see it coming along so well and so quickly!!!

Looks to me like you'll be out shopping for wallpaper AND a new size 12 wardrobe before xmas - bloody good on you!!!!

I'm really really pleased for you mate!!

x x x

oh Marie - your just so lovely - I could listen to you all day!! :)

thank you so much pet.

Right missus, dont you go doing your disappearing act again ;)

there you go again Starlight - keeping me on the straight and narrow!! I was going to, to be honest - but then read this and couldnt stop laughing (and a bit afraid not too post too :D) thanks pet x your very thoughtful

Hi folks!!

so, I'm busy feeling really sorry for myself today. I'm sick. I HATE being sick. Probably because I'm a control freak and can't control things now ;):D. woke up with it Monday morning... thought it would just go so, took some panadol etc.. but it has got worse and worse. Have a stupid respiratory and throat and ear infection - aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgghh! went to doc this afternoon and he gave me antibiotics, painkillers etc and a sick cert for work - this pisses me off too cos I have NEVER, EVER went sick from work - Id rather just go in sick but to be honest, I am physically not able this time (taking tomorrow and Friday off), have to admit that I did go back (to work) after trip to docs though :eek: I'm such a fool!, I don't know why it bothers me so much - most people would be delighted with a few days off. The lads in work have all being laughing at me - calling me a lunatic and telling me to go home.. they are so good to me though.

So, im completely fed up, Im not counting points but think Ive spent approximately 7,000 on strepsils and halls soothers. Didnt get to spend play time with my little girl either, I just dozed on the couch this eve while she ran around me and now I really miss her (shes in bed).

oh AND had this big night out planned with a crowd for tomorrow night - but I obviously cant go now and I was really looking forward to it. They are now prosponing it until next Thursday night so I'll be able to go which almost makes me feel worse because I don't want their night cancelled on my account but they are insisting they want to wait til Im better.

Oh yeah and its my stupid birthday on Sunday but now I wont be able to do anything for it cos of being stupid sick.

So, I'm off to feel really sorry for myself for the rest of the night.

Sorry to read you are sick :sick:. I hope you feel better soon love :hug99:. Its probably all the running around you have been doing and our weird Irish weather - warm one minute, freezing and raining the next!
Congratulations on the 2lbs and Happy birthday for Sunday - it was my 36th on Saturday last. I hope the bugs clear and you can enjoy your day.

Take care

Ax

Thanks so much Andi - I'm just feeling really sorry for myself at the minute!! lol! Happy belated Birthday btw!!!!!! hope you did something lovely!! - Im the big 22 on Sunday..... feel about 50 though... xxx see you soon pet.

argh sweetie,sorry you dont feel well.Like andi says it could be all the rushing around.You sound so positive on your posts so a big well done.
And a happy birthday for sunday .Sending you a big hug:hug99::hug99::hug99:

Awww you poor thing, hope you're feeling better soon.
How lovely of your friends to put off the night out, hopefully you'll be better by then.
In answer to your question, hubby and I would love to do that, but there's just no way at the moment :( so as I said I'll live my dream through you!
Take care and STAY AT HOME YOU NUTTER :D!
xx

Happy Bithday hun hope your feeling better xxxxxx

:party0019: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :party0019:
Hope you have a good one love :D
xx

Thank you all so, so much!!! you are just the sweetest things!! :wow::wow::wow:

oh, I just cant believe all the lovely birthday messages!! xxxxx mwah!!xxx

I am completely better! feel fantastic! - had a lovely, lovely birthday - was completely spoilt rotten! - OH took me to this fantastic restaurant Saturday night (reallllllly hard to get reservations) - but I was really good - had melon and fresh fruit for starters, smoked chicken for main course (but didnt finish it all) and no dessert... the waitressess even dimmed the lights and brought out a little cake thing with a candle in it and sang happy birthday!! (mortified!:eek:) but I got OH to eat it when no one was looking (dustbin)

We then went to the cinema and I had a small popcorn and diet coke and we watched "knocked up" ( I cried laughing allllll the way through that movie) and we pottered off home... my favourite perfume had just ran out (angel) so he had bought me a large bottle, and then to top it off he had bought me a gift voucher for this fabulous spa down the road (facial, full body massage, dinner and use of facilities for the day) so I was really and truely spoilt!! couldnt believe it! - was only my birthday for Gods sake!! still, its nice......

Found it hard to get my a*se out of the bed this morning for some reason so by the time I did we were in a rush and would you believe it - I actually forgot to weigh myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so Im going to do it in the morning - can't believe that!! dont know how that was possible!!!! c'est la vie! - it is going to be hard week though, diet wise, the girls in work are taking me out to dinner tomorrow for my birthday (because I was sick last week we couldnt do it) they are so good to me, then Im going out this Thursday night with a huge gang (remember they cancelled last week) so... tis going to be tough but I'll do it..

(sorry are you all asleep yet?)

Guess what!! we may be going to Puerto Rico at the end of October!!!! heres what happened - OH has been trying to get around me for ages to go Foreign this year but I, being Miss sensible kept saying no - with the building the house, wedding next year and since Ive just bought the new car this year is costing us a fortune but I finally caved last night and said yeah we'd go - been thinking about "where" all day...

The only thing was - we will DEFINATELY be bringing Shannon - I could'nt possibley cope for a week away from her but last year the 3 of us went to Prague and as fabulous as it was, because we had the princess with us, we didnt really get the value we should have out of it - couldnt go out after 8 at night - just ate in the room - couldnt go for a drink and there were so many concerts and shows on that we couldnt go see at night... so... I thought - how about bringing my granny along with us, we would pay for her and as she doesnt drink or like being out at night she could babysit the odd night and then we could all have fun during the day - would be a break for her too! Now, being in the Army (band), Alan cant take leave when he wants too but rather has to be giving it and he has unofficially been told they will have the last week in October off.... I rang my aunt (who I knew was going on hols with my granny at the start of november, I thought) but turned out, it was also the last week in October - there is her and her boyfriend (whos great craic), my uncle and his wife (who are lovely) and my granny AND 3 PEOPLE HAD OPTED OUT and left them in an awful position of loosing places and deposits!!! (meant to be, me thinks) sooo.... she said she would LOVE us to come - its really child friendly, the apartments are fabulous (huge pool) and the night life is fabulous, she wants to take Shannon(shes also her God mammy) for a day here and there (swimming) so myself and Alan can have some "alone time" - go for a walk, shopping, lunch, whatever and my granny said to me she would be more than happy to stay in with Shannon a few nights while we all go out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! perfect!!

(ZZZzzzzzzz, I know... )

Now, the only thing is... we had problems last year with work cancelling Alans leave AFTER we had paid for the holiday (non refundable) and only got out of it at the last minute by the skin of our teeth and with the kids mid term break being the same week this year, this holiday is too expensive for that to happen (would have been 500euro cheaper if we were to go the week before :eek:) so, he asked his boss is this a definate and shall he go book the holiday but the boss wants to clear it with his boss (arrgh) tomorrow and then we'll know - please cross your fingers and toes!! this sounds so brilliant and Im dying to go!!! - I cant see there being a problem though.. heres to hoping.....

hope you are all doing fantastic xx

Back