Nikkis diary

oh and I lost 2 pounds this week and 2 last!!:D

Nice to see you back Nikki and well done on the weight loss.

Building your own house? That sounds brilliant :)

Well done Nikki.

Have to agree with Sparkle sounds very exciting building a home... we need more detail !! how many bedrooms etc...

:rotflmao: i wanted to say floor plans but thought she might think nosey mare...

we need to see floor plans Nikki!! :sign0009:

awwwwwwwwwww girls!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are all so so sweet to be so interested!! :grouphugg:

you are going to be so sorry you have asked because Im really excited and house, house, house is all thats really in my vocabulary at the minute so..... prepare to have the pants bored off you!!:D

I cant believe we have FINALLY started!! - it has taken us TWO AND A HALF YEARS to receive planning permission (turned down twice!!), legal stuff etc.. so to be honest im still in shock that things are actually physically moving!
I would LOVE to post the plans for you to look at but, ive none on pc (architect did them on his) and I dont have a scanner to put some copies on.

Ok, so basically here goes... the house is in the country and I mean, IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE (which I love btw cos always wanted to raise my children in the country, where I was - I know its not to everyones liking) but it is quite central (bout 20min drive) from our major towns. Its on a two acre site and all that surrounds it is hills, trees, fields, cows, sheep.
Its a story and a half (dormer) - I sat down and drew pictures with our architect of exactly what we wanted.

Basically, downstairs has a large hallway,
a sitting room, a study (with a bay window!!) (which will be a play room if I get my own way, a music room if OH gets his), a kitchen, a dining room (with two sets of french doors that overlook the hills), a utility, a small downstairs toilet...
This might sound a bit strange but I put two long, thin window each side of the fire place in sitting room, down to the floor for a feature.

Up stairs has the master bedroom with a dressing room/ walk in wardrobe off it and an ensuite - this might sound strange too but each side of the bed in our room has these big (cant explain the shape?!:eek:) windows each side of it, almost to the floor.
We have two other double bedrooms and one single bedroom. (so 4 in total) oh and bathroom - its big enough cos I might put in a free standing bath.. dunno yet. will have to stand in it.

So we started site preparation last Monday week, the site had to be dug up practically (ground really uneven - had to be leveled) the entrance had to be made (really long windy type avenue into it so that took a little while but I dont mind cos you cant see the house from the (little) road, so really private), we then had the foundations dug, (the house measurements obviously had to be marked out etc first), then they had to put steel in the bottom of this to reinforce the strength, then they came out and poured the cement into it and know the blockies are doing the footings... There is so much to do, we'll be doing well if we're in it for Christmas but I dont care, we have waited this long, a few more months wont matter and because each day, im seeing it come together more and more.

I was down at the site, the past few nights, stacking (trying to?) blocks to have them ready for the builders the next day. LOL - OH is laughing his head off cos, im the girliest of girls and he seems to think this is hilarious!!:D

Oooohhhhh I cant wait!!! I bet I have bored you all to bits at this stage! Im so sorry, I just cant help it! - you will all know in specific detail how to build a house by the time this is over:D

Maybe, if the very lovely, lovely Starlight would agree, I could post some progress pics as we go along?

Or is that just boring you way too much.....

I hope you are all doing fantastic!

Pinkdiamond - thank you sweetheart - its really lovely to see you back posting again - I was missing you there!!

MWAH XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Just imagine how different your life will be in a year from now...living in your new dream home (in the middle of nowhere - I would LOVE that!), at your goal weight, running around those surrounding fields with Shannon...maybe another little bundle of joy on the way, x

Blimey Marie what on earth have you been watching on telly this morning?? Little house on the prairie or something? :giggle:

Oh Marie!! I could almost cry! thanks for that - you are so so sweet! mwah!!

will definately stick up photos soon - tryed the other day but as I have only have fecking dial up it was taking ages so I just gave up.

Not much to report - same old - busy! lost 2 pounds this week!! :) so really happy with that - Im one pound away from hitting the 2 stone mark so fingers crossed for next Tuesday!!

have taken tomorrow off so myself and the little woman are going to go into town and have a girlie day! - going to get her fitted for summery shoes and sandels then im bringing her to hairdressers to get her fringe cut and we're going to buy her daddy a present for fathers day so really looking forward to that!!

I cant believe how quickly time is going by - shes 20 months now!:eek: feel like she was born yesterday. Shes turning into such a little woman and so funny!! - I was getting ready for work the other morning and she was sitting in her chair eating her breakfast.. I turned to her and said "how did you get sooo gorgeous?!" to which she shrugged and replied (never taking her eyes from the bowl) "eating cheerios!" - I laughed and said "oh, I will have to get myself some of those then!" and she turned, holding out the spoon and said "yeah, wan' some?" ooooh shes such a dote -so there you have it girls - its an exclusive! - if you want to be gorgeous - eat cheerios!!

Anyway, its so so so important to me that we have the house up, wedding over and im down to goal weight before the next baby but oh God! im sooooooooo broody (MARIE!! :help2: knock some sense into me!!) LOL!

I hope you are all having a brilliant week xxxxxxxxxx

Well done on the 2lbs thats fantastic :clap: Fingers crossed for the same again this week.

So Cheerios are the secret? Ill be buying the biggest box Tesco have on Monday - who knew it was so easy ;)

Arent kids fantastic when they come out with things like that. My niece has me in stitches at times with her reasonings.

Another baby? Blimey dont you think your calendar is a bit full til next summer ;) Dont hold out much hope for Marie talking you out of that AT ALL!!! lol

oh thank you so, so much! you do me good!!

just quickly popping in to say - I went shopping today and GUESS WHO IS FITTING INTO A SIZE 16???!!!!!:party0019::party0019:

I know Ive got a loooooooonnnnnnngggggg way to go yet but omg!!!! I cant believe it!! I was a :eek: size 20 when I started ww!! I am over the moon!! - actually thought this particular top was an 18, tried it on, fitted perfectly, took it off and realised it was a 16!! - OH couldnt believe it when I came out of dressing room - said it was the first time he seen me actually smiling (well, beaming) coming out of one in ages (usually nearly in tears!). So, then I had myself convinced that it was just a genoursly sized 16 but nope! - went into 6 other shops and the 16 fitted in all of them!!!!

Oh, I know, a 16 probably isnt something to be hugely proud off but im sooo delighted!!!!!!!! this has really spurred me on!!

WOW Nikki that is absolutely fab......well done you :party0011:

Just been reading your diary. You are doing great. I would never guess you were a size 16 looking at your photo, you look really good, would have put you at size 12. What make of camera makes you look two sizes smaller than you are ? I think we should all get one !!

thank you so much everyone!!! your all so sweet! lol at dobo!! it must have been the angle then!! :D

I really am over the moon! - Ive been shopping all week!:eek: God, this diet is really brilliant! - just a few short weeks ago I would generally be crying after a shopping spree, dreaded it when I would need something new to wear because it always resulted in nothing decent fitting me and in return me feeling absolutely disgusting and becoming quite upset - I usually picked up anything that would basically just fit me now I have loads of choice! Ive a long long way to go but this has just given me the most fantastic lift!. :):):):)

So.. Im going out tonight!!! first night out since St. Paddys night! (3 months!!) we took a notion in work last week and planned a night out because our last one didnt work out due to an emergency (I work in accounts for the HSE - paramedics were all called out) and im really looking forward to it!! we're starting at half 7 and plan to go night clubbing after (plus Aslan are playing) so I dread to think of what sort of state ill be in tomorrow (we're all working) lol!!! really looking forward to it! - thats another really positive aspect from this dieting - my weight stopped me from going out- always felt horrible and insecure when out but now I dont care! Im only 21 for Gods sake!!!!! need to start living a little.

So, I know its half 7 on a Thursday morning. Guess what I did? - OH is gone to work since 6 as he had an early gig ( hes a military musician) so I woke up, got washed, dressed, layered on my make up, came out to kitchen to put kettle on and realised... it was half six!!!!!!!!!!!:D lovely. (meant to get up at half 7). So, im here waiting for Boo to wake up. aaarrrggghh!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hope you are all fantastic!

Thanks again for such lovely comments - MWAH!!! xxx

Oh and I lost 2 pounds this week so I have officially passed the 2 stone mark!!!! (2 stone and 1lb gone forever!!)

Back