Nikki's Reality Check

Thanks Karen, it's so fab to come on here and get support. Am feeling less than supported in other areas of my life at the moment though. What with the having to move out of the flat and after speaking to someone I thought it was time to grab life by the horns and do something for me for a change. It would mean a huge upheavel (sp?) but for the best I thought. Now it seems not everyone agrees with me and I'm the sort of person who just needs one tiny seed of doubt in my mind to put me off track and start doubting myself and what I thought I wanted. Sorry to go on, just feel really sad now that life just never seems to work the way other people's do. Lots of love to you girls x

aww no! listen... I understand it is easy to see the things to doubt but you will NEVER get full agreeance or 100% back up on every idea you ever have so you have to always believe in yourself beyond all else. i hope that doesnt sound patronising... it really isnt meant to be. I just think you need to count on yourself first and then listen to other opinions. blimey... i think most of the decisions i make are a huge worry/shock to most people but sod it... ya live once and i'll just steam on ahead anyways. one way or the other, you always land on your feet and the long term brings the things you work towards. god im cheesey lol. heres another one...that i kinda live by these days... 'if you always do what you've done, you'll always get what you've got'. theres nothing wrong with going and getting something else for a change xxxx

Hugs! I'm sorry I missed this thread and haven't commented on it yet.

You are doing amazingly. You have problems in your life and upheaval but you are working hard to improve things for yourself. Don't give up. Remember that when you don't have lots of weight to lose (its less than a stone) your body will hold onto the weight a bit.

You asked on my food diary what my secret is. I don't think I have one, except I don't drink any alcohol (I'm going to update my thread in a minute about it, there is a personal reason for that). I also don't eat much rice (I noticed you eat savoury rice a fair bit) - not sure if that makes a difference but just noticing whats different in our diets.
Also as I mentioned, I have a lot more to lose than you do, so I think my body has been ready to let go of it more easily. I bet when I get near target I'll be the same as you.

Hugs and keep going. I honestly think you are an amazing person and you are honest - a rare thing nowadays. hugs

x

Hi loves. I guess you are right about never having 100% back up from everyone about decisions that you make but sometimes the person who causes the doubt is the person that you least thought it would ever be! I really want to believe in myself and do something for me, something that will (although it sounds dramatic) give me a reason and something that I can look back at when I am older and say, yes I did that with my life. I really love that saying Karen, I haven’t heard it before about always getting what you’ve got. Its true. Why would anything get any better if there isn’t a change? At least with a change there is the chance things might improve rather than stay the way they are. I guess it will always be a worry that if I do make the leap then things wont work out, but perhaps I should try looking at it the other way and thinking yes but they might work out! Im just sad that one of the people I love most don’t seem to have the same faith in me and it seems they want me just to stay doing what I am doing and not reach for more. I know the weight is a small issue and I know that I haven’t got much more to lose and for that I am thankful. Thank you for telling me about your history Hathor its nice to know we can all be honest with each other and consider what other people are doing on their plans. Thank you as well for saying such nice things about me, although im not sure its true, perhaps I do need to take that reality check. xxx

Wednesday 11th August 2010

Breakfast: Black coffee
Grapefruit with canderel

Snack: Banana

Lunch: Marks & Spencer Arbroath Hot Smoked Salmon Flakes, chilled pack (1 syn), Tesco’s Finest Moroccan Style Couscous salad, ½ tub (1 syn), shape yoghurt

Snack: Apple

Dinner: Spaghetti with minced beef and half jar of Dolmio Light (4.25 syns) and 28g parmesan cheese (HE A)

Snack: 2 x Alpen Light bars (HE B)

Total syns so far...: 6.25 syns, HE A = parmesan; HE B = cereal bars; 30 mins of Wii Fit

Hi Nikki love. Sorry you’re feeling so down just now.

I agree with Karen. You only get one shot at life and you should do what is best for you. If you decide to make the change just try to include others in it. Often other people are afraid to let you change as they feel like they might be left behind, but if you offer them a part to play they could become your biggest supporter. If it is something you really want then go for it.

I remember another cheesy saying I read once “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one.” You’ll never know if you could have succeeded in your aim if you don’t have a go. Don’t regret never trying.

Ok that’s enough of the psychology stuff. I’m starting to sound like some sleazy American motivational speaker :rolleyes:
Good luck sweetie with whatever you decide, JJ xx

Hiya hun, how are you doing? Hope you are having a nice weekend and have managed to clarify things in your head a bit. Menus looking lush as ever xx

Hi sweet sorry for late reply just not had my head in the right place for the past week or so, but as of tonight I will be posting my diary again. Thank you for thinking of me though. xx

Hey Nikki, I've been wondering about you this week. Hope you are ok.

Have you made any decisions on what you are going to do? I know you were feeling pretty unsupported in your attempts to change your life. I hope that people are now offering you the encouragement you deserve.

Best of luck honey. PM me if you'd like a "chat" :psiholog:

Take care, JJ xx

Last edited:
Hi Nikki it's my first time reading your diary, thanks for popping by my diary!

It looks like you're going through a time where you don't get enough support as you'd wish. Agree with some comments above that you only get to live once... live it the way you want! xx

Hey lovely people, will reply personally later but whilst I've got a second, here is the diary from yesterday.
Wednesday 18th August 2010

Grapefruit with canderel

Lunch: Marks and Spencer Eat Well, Prawn Layered Salad with Pasta Shells, 220g (3.5 syns), 2 Laughing cow deli-lights (1/2 HE A), Shape zero

Snack: Grapes, nectarine, strawberries, 1 Alpen Light bar

Dinner: M+S Eat Well Chicken breasts with leek and bacon, each breast, worked out on the syn calculator (1.5 syns), Mild curry savoury rice (free),mange tout, broccoli, baby corn

Snack: 1 Alpen light bar (1/2 HE B)

Total syns so far...: 5 syns, HE A =cheese; HE B = 1 bar;

Thursday 19th August 2010

Grapefruit with canderel

Lunch: M+S Sliced Mexican Chilli Chicken (Free - worked out on syn calculator), Tesco’s Finest Moroccan Style Couscous salad, ½ tub (1 syn), Shape zero

Snack: Nectarine, strawberries

Dinner: Pasta bake (chicken, bacon, pasta, 28g parmesan/ cheddar (HE A), passata)

Snack: 2 x Alpen Light (HE B), 1.5 glasses wine (9 syns)

Total syns so far...: 10 syns, HE A = cheese; HE B = cereal bars;

Menus look good lovely. Hope you're ok?

Take care x

Nikki! First of all sorry to hear about all the disruption in your life at the minute, its really a test of our willpower when something we cant help happens. Iv recently been through a hard family time at home but I admire how you've kept on track with the diet! Everyone has there slip ups but my gosh your menus look yummy haha I find whenever im feeling down or something knocks me I run straight to the shop, its where iv went wrong in the past but Im trying to change it! Everytime I feel down or like im going to cheat mt knew plan is to go for a walk, ring my mum for a chat, do something nice for myself or get online for a bit of support! I cant believe how welcoming Minimins is! Anyway keep up the good work!

Oh and if you've a sweet tooth try some Hartleys fat free jelly, theres 1/2 syn in a tub and its just delish! Pop it onto of some fruit and natural yogurt/muller and it'll get rid of any cravings! I love it cause Im a jelly sweet nut haha anyway keep positive!! :) xx

Hey Nikki, hope you're alright sweetie.

Haven't 'seen' you around for a while. How are you doing?

Back