Ninja's diary - fasting and running to lose 50lbs

Great plan and great loss ;-)

GCSE Chemistry is looming in this house so I know what you mean! He is also planning on taking it for A level.....

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

GCSE Chemistry is looming in this house so I know what you mean! He is also planning on taking it for A level.....

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Its a hard a level - but totally worth it. Like everything good, you get back what you put in!

Any chem q's, feel free to ask!

Ummm I chickened out! Like you I'm in two minds about it. I got a profile loaded up on a couple of sites, left it til after Christmas, then I'd put on some weigh and did the whole "I'll just lose a few more lbs.." and never went back. Not the first time my weight has stopped me doing something.

I can absolutely relate. I've given up on dating the past couple of years (!) and I think insecurity about my weight has a lot to do with it. I also think I'm less sociable in general because of it, which means not meeting many new people given that my work is quite solitary. Like you, it's not the first time my weight has stopped me from doing something. But hopefully for both of us it will be the last. :) Good luck with whichever weight loss method you decide on.

Thank you v much Canadian :) so glad I'm not alone in this, and I love the fact that regardless of weight loss plan, we're all in it together here!

A v successful day....Survived a visit to pizza hut (had a bowl of iceberg lettuce & pickled onions, and a black coffee!!!!), got a haircut and new glasses (that set me back more than I can afford - def vlcding for a week as already have the packs and can save some cash!!)

Cals: 550
Ex: none, can't be too perfect!!!!

L - 3/4 soya latte from costa
S - iceberg lettuce & pickled onions
T - spag bol pack, truffa bar
S - hazelnut shake (hot)

That's excellent - surviving a trip to Pizza Hut!! What did you say to the other people there or do they know about the diet plan?

Yeah, I noticed already how im saving money big going into supermarkets. Although obviously the bumper pack cost a bit

Was with my kids and told them I was saving money & would eat when we got home. Packs not nearly as filling as my fast day meal which surprised me!

Good for you surviving Pizza Hut! Hearing things like that really inspires me not to give in during a moment of weakness.

I've been nervous about having to navigate restaurants and food at gatherings. I have actually been avoiding restaurants so far. My mother and I are planning a shopping day in another city next week and I even asked if I could pack us a picnic lunch to eat at the gardens at a park instead of going to a restaurant! (She has a vague idea of what I'm doing and knows I really, really don't want to deviate from a plan that's working well for me, so she agreed. So now I have a nice picnic lunch to plan!)

Well done you! And a picnic lunch on atkins....scrummy. I used to make atkins scotch eggs by wrapping boiled eggs in seasoned pork mince or v low carb saussies then grilling...scrummy!!

Yup, true to form it's 3.30 am and I'm wide awake....bl***dy down days!

I'm going to stick with 5:2 for the moment, it's working and I don't want to screw up my sleeping...which I did last vlcd. May change my mind later of course, but that's a woman's perogative!

I have 12 weeks before I leave for South of France (and have to squeeze into a wet suit)...My goal is 30lbs off which would put me into a healthy BMI. If that goal stops looking attainable ill reconsider!

Right. I've been up for an hour and I'm caving. I've just weighed in (at 4.30 am!!!) And am having a lump of cheese to settle my tummy so I can go back to sleep...

V pleased with weight in :)

Weekly summary, week 3:

Mon - (12.9) 5 miles DONE 2100
Tues - (12.8.5) DD, 3 miles DONE 500
Wed - (12.7) rest DONE :) 1700
Thurs - (12.7) 4 miles intervals (10 mins easy, 6 x 3 mins @ threshold w 2 min recovery, 5 min easy) DONE :) 1400
Fri - (12.6.5) rest, UD 2500
Sat - (12.6.5) rest DD 550
Sun - (12.4.5) 4 miles shredders (3 min easy, 2 min steady, 1 min fast x 6) 1800

I skipped my long run this week, naughty.

This weeks start weight: 12.9
End weight: 12.4.5
weight lost this week: 4.5 lbs!
Total weight lost: 10.5 lbs
Av cals: approx 1350 a day :) that surprised me - if I'd set out to eat that low I never would have managed!
Miles run: 16

Last edited:
Good for you surviving Pizza Hut! Hearing things like that really inspires me not to give in during a moment of weakness. I've been nervous about having to navigate restaurants and food at gatherings. I have actually been avoiding restaurants so far. My mother and I are planning a shopping day in another city next week and I even asked if I could pack us a picnic lunch to eat at the gardens at a park instead of going to a restaurant! (She has a vague idea of what I'm doing and knows I really, really don't want to deviate from a plan that's working well for me, so she agreed. So now I have a nice picnic lunch to plan!)

I know what you mean. I think it's easier once you have a good 7-10 days under your belt. How long have you been doing it for?

Fabulous results this week :)

I've read in the past that cheese interferes with sleep btw so if it doesn't work to get you back to sleep maybe try another snack next time?! It's just one thing I actually remembered from when I studied insomnia in psychology!!! But it was probably a theory!

I'm up pretty early too.... Nowhere near as early as you though!

Your plan sounds so-able 2.5 pounds a week on average is pretty reasonable.

5:2 is probably better for you than straight vlcd'ing as it helps you learn food choices a but better, gives you more energy for all your exercise, and I am sure it acts as a metabolism boost. I'm partly not as worried about having a day off today because it will probably act as a metabolism boost too. Just can't use it as excuse. But I would honestly try and follow a similar plan to what you're doing if I had more time... I have 25 days to go!!!

Really glad we "met" on here by the way (cheesy!) but it's great that we have similar goals / methods / mindset etc

Hope you managed to get back to sleep anyway

Great going DN!

Great loss and great running :)

I thought cheese wasn't good before bedtime. I know if I had cheese before bed, if have wacky dreams!

Hope u got back to snoozeville :) x

Great going DN! Great loss and great running :) I thought cheese wasn't good before bedtime. I know if I had cheese before bed, if have wacky dreams! Hope u got back to snoozeville :) x

Yes that's what I read before - something to do with a chemical beginning with T in it, I just realised I'm talking to a chemistry teacher so I could potentially be corrected with the science now!!

Back