Nixnax's Slim Fast Diary

Nixnax

Hi I'm Nikki and I'm 27 years old.

I started putting on weight after my OH was discharged from the Royal Marines. In the past 6-7 months I have gained 2 stone. 7lbs of which I have put on since I gave up smoking 2 and half weeks ago.

I've never been a picker with food, I tend to just stick to main meals but I have no skills when it comes to measuring portion size. I will eat the same amount as my OH. Or I quite often make tea and cook enought to take to work for lunch the next day. I will often eat that as well!! Terrible isn't it?!

Anyhoo I am currently doing a course to become a personal trainer and I am the biggest girl on the course by far. I love exercise, but at the moment I have 3 jobs (1 full time 9-5 and 2 pub jobs working 4-5 shifts a week) along with studying for the course I currently have no time for the gym or exercise. I have one more theory exam to go and then after that the time I would have spent studying I will be able to start working out instead. Roll on 21st May!!

I'm hoping that Slim Fast will help me to lose the most unwanted weight and get me ready for my work out sessions. I'm fully aware that you can't just rely on diets for weight loss and that exercise must be incorporated too. But for now this is all I can do.

I ride my push bike everywhere so I'm not completely exercise free.

Well here we go...... let week one commence.

I'm struggling with the powders I must say. Trying to make them in work is proving difficult. I think I may have to make them at home and then bring them into work.

Well enought rambling for now, lets get started :)

I also have trouble with portion size. Doesn't help when we have massive plates that I feel the need to fill!
My sister takes SF into work in a shaker and keeps it in her work fridge. Seems to be working for her.
Good luck with the weight loss. Always here for a chat and support:)

Hi Nikki, welcome! :) I could never give up smoking while I'm still trying to lose weight, it would just be too stressful! I'd end up eating far too much and becoming the size of a house! Lol. So massive congratulations for giving up, you've done so well! :) And well done for riding your bike everywhere, I can't ride at all, it hurts my bum too much! Hehe. You could try making the shakes at home and putting them into a sports bottle to take to work. I find it easier to make my breakfast one at the same time as my evening one, and put it in the fridge till morning. That way, I only have to clean the blender once! :) Good luck with your journey, keep us updated! :)

The smoking was surprisingly easy, I'm on the Champix tablets. I'm finding not attacking the vending machine harder. I have purposely left my purse at home today so I can't indulge in any naughtiness :)

It took a while to get used to the bike, about a months worth of saddle sore if I remember rightly! Goes away after a while though thank god.

I think making the shakes at home seems to be the way forward. We have a fridge in work so that should be fine.

I've also discovered today that my fave meal comes to only 598 Cals if I reduce my portion size :) bonus :):):):)

I'm terrible with portions. Just because it is on my plate I feel that I have to eat it! I hate wasting food. If I just cooked less then I wouldn't have a problem in the first place ;-)

I agree, Nina! I just cook less, so I don't feel like I'm wasting it. My philosophy is that I can have anything I want, as long as it's below 600 calories. I even managed to make my favourite meal (chicken lasagne) under 600 calories, by using less cheese and adding lots of sweetcorn to bulk it out. It was a smaller portion, but a little bit of what you fancy does you good! :)

I made my fave tea tonight, had to cut down on the pasta to keep it under 600cals, but it was still very filling. In fact it was a normal sized meal. I usually eat twice that amount!!

Well day 1 down and it wasn't horrendous. I was definitely ready for a good meal by 4pm but held out until 6pm.

Because I was measuring the shakes at work I was guestimating the 250ml for the shakes. When I actually made them at home it was half of what I was drinking at work. Hmmm naughty Nikki. I think I will have to add some water to them tomorrow as I found them quite strong with the correct amount of milk.

xx

I make my shakes up to 400ml with water, just to make it last a bit longer, so it's more filling. Well done on your first day! :)

Good plan :)

Thanks, just hope I can stick to it eek.

x

Well it's day 2 and I'm not feeling too bad. I'm feeling hungry but it is almost snack time.

My food for the day is arranged like so:

9am - Breakfast - Strawberry Shake
11am - Snack - Banana
12.30 - Lunch - Chocolate Shake
3pm - Snack - Pear
5.15pm - My meal (which I haven't decided on just yet)
9pm Snack - Banana

I'm working in the pub tonight so I'm going to get hungry as I have to have my tea early :(

I have added water to the shakes today as well as the 250ml of milk and I have to say it is much better. Not only is it more filling, it is also less sickly.

xx

OK so some smart Alec brought cakes into the office. I was naughty and had an eclaire. After putting that in MFP, With my exercise this evening I haven't gone over calories :) Bonus snack :)

xx

As long as you're exercising, you can get away with little extra snacks here and there :) You're doing really well so far, well done :)

Thanks hun. I do love my food and definitely wouldn't have been able to last even 2 days without this site. It does really help

xx

I'm exactly the same! I couldn't stick with SF if it wasn't for all the support and advice on here. It really does keep me going. Especially considering I live on my own at the minute, it's so easy to lose motivation and want to give up, but I just make sure I come on here every day and my spirits are always lifted :)

Definitely. I've been browsing on here for about a week, before I started the diet, and it really spurred me on. I've got the app on my phone as well now :)

I agree it's a great site I love the support n chat from everyone! It really helps x

Well today is day 3. I woke up starving!!

I was good when I worked last night, I would normally have a packet of crisps and some pizza from the skittles food during my shift, but I resisted temptation and drank 3 pints of water instead! Everyone almost fell of their chairs :)

On my way of the house this morning I was impatient and weighed myself (with my clothes on) and have lost 2lbs!! was soo chuffed :) Is that even possible in 2 days!! I'll probably gain it all back over the weekend though. My proper weigh in day isn't until wednesday!!

Feeling pretty good today over all :)

Well done so far! Where did you find the app? I'm not sure where abouts it is on this site lol x

*Emma said:
Well done so far! Where did you find the app? I'm not sure where abouts it is on this site lol x

I have the app 2! I have it on my iPhone if u have an enabled mobile for apps just search in yr app store lovey?
X

I got it on my iPhone Emma :)

Well I was completely shocked this morning, I stood on the scales again and was 10st5lbs!!! Half a stone in 3 days!!! Is that healthy?? Or even possible for that matter!! I'm not expecting it to stay that way as it's the weekend! So far I've been pretty good, I had my macdonalds today and it was yummy :) just shakes and no snacks for tonight. I technically had maccy d's for breakfast at lunch time so I haven't had any shakes yet and won't until I get home from work at 8.30pm, so it'll just be one shake for me today :)

Xx

Back