Attack No added sugar squash

jocandoit

I have been drinking between 2 and 2.5 litres of water each day, but was wondering whether or not we could have sugar free squash on the plan to make a change?

I normally drink pints and pints of fizzy drinks but have steered clear of them so far!!!

No fruit juices, cordials or squashes - nothing containing any fruit content.

However, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Dr Pepper Zero and Pepsi Max are all allowed; I believe Dukan actually encourages it. Just be careful not to overdo it - i.e. don't have more fizzy drinks than water - as the citric acid can cause stalling for some people.

Anyway it makes a change and it you can use them in cooking, too.

Actually you can have low calorie squash. Provided it is no more than 1 cal per 200ml. That rules out most of the "double strength" concentrates but I found some of the supermarket own brand weak cordials fit the bill.

Brownie_Earthquake said:
No fruit juices, cordials or squashes - nothing containing any fruit content.

However, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Dr Pepper Zero and Pepsi Max are all allowed; I believe Dukan actually encourages it. Just be careful not to overdo it - i.e. don't have more fizzy drinks than water - as the citric acid can cause stalling for some people.

Anyway it makes a change and it you can use them in cooking, too.

U can use wine in cooking too :)
Made chicken dish out of the book with White wine and tomatoes - was delicious and rich tasting - great for a PV day

I'm on Cruise and being "coached" so here is a shopping list from the website.
Shopping List

Please note that this list is only a help, you do not have to buy all the food listed...
Have a look in your fridge and cupboards first and only buy what you might need (and like)...

At the Butchers:
• 500g beef mince from 5% to 10% fat
• 1 kg of lean veal shoulder, boned
• 1 kg lean beef
• 1 large chicken
• 6 chicken breasts
• 4 turkey breasts
• 10 slices of turkey ham
• 10 slices of chicken
• 1 pack of Bresaola
• Salt and fat free bacon

At the grocery:
• 4 tubs of 1 kg of Normandy fromage frais at 0% fat
• a family pack of natural yoghurts at 0% fat
• 1 pack of eggs
• 1 Litre of skimmed milk
• 2 types of sweetener, one for cooking
• Sugar and fat free jelly (powder and already made one)
• Some custard powder (tolerated)
• 1 bottle of diet coke
• 1 bottle of sugar free squash
• 1 packet of gelatine
• 1 pack of fat free chicken stock
• seasonings: garlic, onions, shallots ...
• spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, curry powder ...
• 3 cans of natural tuna in brine for terrines and salads
• 1 can of pilchards in brine
*Please note that if dairy products at 0% are not available then you can buy at 98% fat free

At the fishmonger or frozen section:
• fresh salmon and smoked salmon
• some cod or other white fish fillets
• 1 box of 28 crab sticks
• A selection of seafood depending on what is available

At the health food shop or supermarket:
• Oat bran and wheat bran
• tofu (natural)

Internet:
• Oat bran
wheat bran if available (not necessary)
• Flavourings and essences

It says Sugar Free Squash is allowed though got to say i'm not strict on this i buy low(ish) calorie and have it in pint glass to reduce calories by diluting it with more than the usual 250ml that the makers recommend. Think getting the fluids down is most important and i've lost 9lb in 13 days so doesnt appear too harmful.

Thanks for this list - really helpful. Good to know views on use of sugar free squash - as thought generally better for you than diet coke style fizzy drinks - and it really helps me get fluids in me - and though I try and not have too much would struggle more to not have any.

• 500g beef mince from 5% to 10% fat
• 10 slices of turkey ham
• 1 bottle of sugar free squash
• 3 cans of natural tuna in brine for terrines and salads
*Please note that if dairy products at 0% are not available then you can buy at 98% fat free
• 1 box of 28 crab sticks

Couldn't agree more Kerry.

Thank you for posting this.

I think it's important to remind us all that although certain foods are constantly "demonized" on this forum THEY ARE DUKAN APPROVED FOODS.

Of course the experience and advice of others is invaluable, and I am not knocking that, but it is up to the individual to monitor the effect each product has on their own PERSONAL rate of weight loss.

Sometimes I feel as though the foods I quoted are "demonized" on this forum to the extent I IMAGINE they are stalling me when I'm not really so sure they are.

It's all about making an informed choice, knowing the rules and deciding when you want to stray from the rules based on personal experience and a rate of weight loss you yourself are satisfied with.

I love sugar free squash, and couldn't do without it - it is such a relief to find out that it is allowed!!! :D

Back